SAU Community

Apex Pfc Rb25 $1000 Delivered! Brand New! With Hand Controler

well, it has to be said the worldwide market for RB25 PFC would be pretty small really. I mean, when they were available for under $1K they didn't exactly seem to be flying off shelves. once they became un-available suddenly everyone wanted one, but i bet if they did become available again lots of people saying "yeah I'd buy one" will go quiet again. RB25 GTSTs were only sold in japan. sure lots of been exported to aus and nz etc. but don't forget it's only compatible with manual RB25s which rules out a lot. then rule out all those who want to remain standard, then rule out all those who already have a PFC or other aftermarket ecu, then you aren't left with much of a customer base from which to draw.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see the big fuss over such a price, even if they are available (which they're probably not).

Anything that gets imported with a value over $1000 gets hit with import fees which are calculated ON TOP of the postage and GST (yep, tax on a tax).

Given the Aussie dollar is likely to slowly fall against the USD (already has started), you might find that your "bargain" PFC isn't such a bargain anymore...

Anyway, most cheap second hand PFC's are in good nick; electronics are a bit more durable than say a second hand turbo :( Plus buy local and know that you're actually going to get the thing.

all points taken in. i have only had my 33 for around 8mths now don't earn shitloads of money an doin my best for my buck so a saving sounds pretty good to me.

I don't see the big fuss over such a price, even if they are available (which they're probably not).

Anything that gets imported with a value over $1000 gets hit with import fees which are calculated ON TOP of the postage and GST (yep, tax on a tax).

Given the Aussie dollar is likely to slowly fall against the USD (already has started), you might find that your "bargain" PFC isn't such a bargain anymore...

Anyway, most cheap second hand PFC's are in good nick; electronics are a bit more durable than say a second hand turbo :( Plus buy local and know that you're actually going to get the thing.

goods imported from the USA are expempt from improt duty. you just pay GST (10%).

This is the email i sent

At 03:20 AM 6/17/2008, you wrote:

Hi on behalf of skylines Australia I am trying to organise a group buy (or bulk buy) for a mix of following units.

A'PEXi POWER FC W/ COMMANDER: SKYLINE 93-98 (ECR33/RB25DET)

APX-414AN012

A'PEXi POWER FC W/ COMMANDER: SKYLINE 98-01 (ER34/RB25DET)

APX-414AN008

Could you please give me a price per unit including postage to anywhere in Australia

If we were to buy

10 units...Price

15 units...Price

20 units...Price

Kind regards

Ryan

Their responce

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for contacting us. APX-414-AN012 is only available as a special order. In order to special order this part, we would require full payment in advance. The normal lead-time would be 4-6 weeks. All special orders are final, which means they are non-refundable. If you are interested, please let me know so I can send you a payment request via PayPal.

Best Regards,

Bill

My 2nd email

Hi Bill

Still interested in the group buy.

Could you please provide a discount price if we were to buy 10-20 units as this is the point of a group buy. (lower price and increase sales) much like a special but only for a select group.

Cheers!

Ryan

Sorry boys trying hard but not looking to good

will keep trying!

From what I'm reading, they'll take your money for the 'special order', order a product which they cannot get, and then not refund your money as stated, as it was for a special order. Brilliant plan there, and clearly there's people foolish enough to believe it.

Listen to Beer Baron, buy a second hand one (they're going for around $1200 now anyway) or a new 1 for an extra $400 (the few left in aus) and be done with it. Personally I don't see a need to buy a new one when a 2nd hand 1 in good condition is the exact same thing, just cheaper, but ok :P

I feel thease guys are the realy deal i have been talking with then for a few months now, and they have verified paypal accoucount and good feedback of 347 on it.

But bill tends to send standard responses , i was talking to jack originaly and never got any ill feelings.

But i know what your saying dezz, i am ready to send payment, but waiting for the usd to to up a little lol so i get it for 940aud delivered :P

therefor i wont pay tax,i hope :P

I'm not saying they'll rip you off (although thats what it sounds like based on the above email) but as Beer Baron said, the RB25 unit is discontinued, hence the lack of supply everywhere else in the world... So not sure how these guys are getting a large batch of them, while everyone else (think Nengun and other sellers based in Japan) are unable to...

The fact that its through PayPal means they probably can't rip you off with the no refund thing, but I still don't see how they're going to get the product in stock.

Yeah if you can make him say in writing something along the lines of, "If we (the sellers) are unable to supply the item within the agreed upon timelimit, the amount will be refunded in full, in AUD." Then people might feel a bit better about it.

Yeah thats true dezz,

Just to be sure i have had them check the part number 3 times and still active and current but they did say they can only

get a limited amount, and they have checked with apexi, surely they would up date there stock system, wellyouwould think lol

But this makes mewonder how a few traders have gotton a hold of 5+ more of the fc's too, they gotta be some where,

there discontinued but maybe apexi were holding onto them and possible now letting a few out., sounds to good to be true i know lol

May just be a case of direct tunning speaking to the right people to get them :laugh:

Steve im being told 2 weeks, at this stage after payment , as apexi usa are to be receiving a few , otherewise it takes 4-6 weeks for

special orders.

Cheers

still no body has answered my original question.

"has anyone actually ordered and received a new RB25 PFC from these guys in recent times?"

I know you are keen to organise a group buy, but I would still strongly suggest you wait until at least one person successfully orders and receives one. it will really suck if you take 10 peoples money only to get screwed around indefinately.

hate to say it but i get the same feeling

Bout now is the time you go and post an apology in the for sale threads you have been ruining...

Edited by dano4127

evidence? excuse me? take my advice or leave it mate. I'm a bit surprised you think I'm making it up. I'm purely trying to save people from going through the pain of ordering a product, paying for the product, then waiting months for it only to eventually have to get a refund when it's not forthcoming. if you think I'm wrong email them now and ask them how many RB25 PFCs they have in stock (my guess is zero). on the 21st of march they said they would have stock within 4 weeks so they should surely have them by now right?

my opinion stems purely from information direct from apexera japan (which manufacture PFCs, unlike apexi usa which just re-sell them). I had tried to order some earlier this year and was told (like many others) that they are out of stock, and out of production.

My apologies if that seemed rude, your knowledge and dedication to this website is outstanding and i commend your efforts.

I have talked to a few workshops about where they get their apexi units and where they get them blah blah and what the situation on the item being discontinued. They tell me that they are all well and that the discontinued rumor is fake and they are in no way bankrupt (which is supposed to be the reason for it being discontined).

Having said that its just word of mouth and i know how much you know and how experienced you are and i would take your word over theres, i just wanted to know why you thought this was the case.

Cheers

Thats enough arse kissing from me

My apologies if that seemed rude, your knowledge and dedication to this website is outstanding and i commend your efforts.

I have talked to a few workshops about where they get their apexi units and where they get them blah blah and what the situation on the item being discontinued. They tell me that they are all well and that the discontinued rumor is fake and they are in no way bankrupt (which is supposed to be the reason for it being discontined).

Having said that its just word of mouth and i know how much you know and how experienced you are and i would take your word over theres, i just wanted to know why you thought this was the case.

Cheers

Thats enough arse kissing from me

haha, no worries. I can be a bit defensive sometimes. :laugh:

apexera were rescued from the brink of bankruptcy about a year ago, but that has nothnig to do with RB25 PFCs not being available. yes, for a breif period they stopped producing all parts, right down to air filters (i panicked and bought up heaps!). for about 2 months they were not filling or taking any orders. then they came back on line. but that is all irelevant to the RB25 PFC problem. from what I understand one of the components (processor or chip) that is used in that model PFC was manufactured by NEC. they have stopped making that type of chip, and without any supply, apexi cannot make any RB25 PFCs. like I said I will be glad if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. I mean, if they had RB25 PFCs, wouldn't they sell them to me? or anyone else? they sell me S15, or GTR etc, but not RB25.

anyway, gtstcoupe has stepped up to be the guinea pig so we will see how he goes. :P

haha, no worries. I can be a bit defensive sometimes. :laugh:

apexera were rescued from the brink of bankruptcy about a year ago, but that has nothnig to do with RB25 PFCs not being available. yes, for a breif period they stopped producing all parts, right down to air filters (i panicked and bought up heaps!). for about 2 months they were not filling or taking any orders. then they came back on line. but that is all irelevant to the RB25 PFC problem. from what I understand one of the components (processor or chip) that is used in that model PFC was manufactured by NEC. they have stopped making that type of chip, and without any supply, apexi cannot make any RB25 PFCs. like I said I will be glad if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. I mean, if they had RB25 PFCs, wouldn't they sell them to me? or anyone else? they sell me S15, or GTR etc, but not RB25.

anyway, gtstcoupe has stepped up to be the guinea pig so we will see how he goes. :P

Ok well this is where it could be interesting i heard from one of the work shops xspeed that they have a new and better apexi pfc(in terms of software) and i cant remember but i think there was a new chip or software mentioned in there.

Edited by Pattygtst

Lol Guinea Pig hahahah Thanks Baron :laugh:

If there is a New chcip made to replace the NEC one, i would imagine it could be some what $$$ but then may not, Good thing with the existing PFC as it is

rock solid :P

But definatly sounds good and could may be even be and upgrade for the existing ones.....

i actually think if nengun placed an order with apexi for an rb25 powerfc it would be delivered

it would just take a long long time and apexi wont be in any hurry - i dont think apexi would reject the order

so in order to stop worldwide chaos apexi anounce they wont make it any more so the all the suppliers

mark it as a discontinued product but if you placed an order to apexi, i dont think they would knock it back

if nengun placed an order for 30 rb25 powerfcs then yeah i would suspect apexi to knock it back