SAU Community

SAU 1/4 Times

benm

NIZR34GTT:

I managed a 14.7 in the wet at heathcote a few months ago, I am going back in a couple of weeks to have a proper go. My mods were: 3.5inch cat back, pod filter and approx 11-12psi.

A slightly modded 34 GTt should be able to get into the 13's I reckon - a high 13 that is :( My 60ft time was like 2.7secs and had heaps of wheelspin :burnout: even in 3rd [wet track didnt help really].

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hay guys, wet33 here, to prove my 12.4 @ 111mph me and the car where in the latest dragstar australia mag there is a pic of the car at the start of the burnout. fuel pump faild last weekend so now we going all out with the fuel system, and we also putting a reverse pattern c4 auto in th girl, 4000rpm stall converter, with trans break, we hoping 4 flat 12's

hmmmm... shall i go for slowest overall? :D

before i modified mine it ran a 15.048 96MPH 60ft = 2.360 on a wet track. (almost a year ago rofl)

will be taking it back to calder next week now that ive done a few things to it to see what i can get... should be a bit more respectable :D

rofl i did a search for the same trap speed and people with less were running much faster! lol

wonder if the 40degree day and wet strip made a diff.... shouldnt make that bigger diff should it... mind u their 60ft times are damn near half mine lol

i think i need to learn to change gears properly :(

Thought I would just add that my Terminal Speed, which was 101mph, indicates my 34 should be in the same ET bracket as Franks' 13.8 sec 1/4...(2.1 60ft, 99mph)

That should hopefully make it look a bit better :(

Anyways...going to heathcote on Sunday [oct 5th] and hopefully will be recording a time in the 34 GTT category :D

Originally posted by nismoR34

I managed a 14.7 in the wet at heathcote a few months ago. My mods were: 3.5inch cat back, pod filter and approx 11-12psi.  

...my 60ft time was like 2.7secs and had heaps of wheelspin :burnout: even in 3rd [wet track didnt help really].

Originally posted by inark

rofl i did a search for the same trap speed and people with less were running much faster! lol

wonder if the 40degree day and wet strip made a diff.... shouldnt make that bigger diff should it... mind u their 60ft times are damn near half mine lol

i think i need to learn to change gears properly :(

all excuses aside u r a shit house driver aint u?? :uh-huh:

:bahaha:

Originally posted by INASNT

all excuses aside u r a shit house driver aint u?? :uh-huh:  

:bahaha:

compared to u im possum bourne... well only going on the fact i remember ur first run at calder and u getting some pretty high times for a modified RB25DET :)

yeah thats right back in ur corner :):D

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by inark

compared to u im possum bourne... well only going on the fact i remember ur first run at calder and u getting some pretty high times for a modified RB25DET :)

yeah thats right back in ur corner :):D

u were never there for my first run at calder when i did a best of 14.2@98MPH with a safc and exhaust!

corner?? i was never in it!!

:shake:

Originally posted by nismoR34

Thought I would just add that my Terminal Speed, which was 101mph, indicates my 34 should be in the same ET bracket as Franks' 13.8 sec 1/4...(2.1 60ft, 99mph)

You should fair dinkum become a clairvoyant :D

benm update my dismal time please. I ran 13.8312 @ 101.50mph 60ft 2.2039 at Heathcote on Sunday :D

true buster ... but beat it 12.4sumthing at 129.72 mph the other day. I've heard a rumour you have entered a new region though ... the world of 11 seconds?? I'm still a virgin in that dept... thinking i'll skip that and go straight for 10's :D

do tell ?