SAU Community

Rods

Rods  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This has been running thru my head for a while now as im in the market for a set of rods

these are all the brands ive com across(may have forgotten some) Carillo, Crower, Eagle, Spool, Scat, Par, Spool, Jun, HKS, Trust/Greddy, Nismo, Toga, Manley.

i know theres more brands than these however they're what ive come across looking for RB rods

Baiscally ive been looking around and looked into each and every type of rod there is out there(i think) and ive come across quite a few majority of them being the usual I and H beam and also the bizzare pauter X beam Now with there being a few different styles and designs.. Now that got me thinking what are the Pro's and Con's of each style of rod? another thing that got me is carillo seem to be refering to the I beam style of rod as an A beam and they also have a SA beam which is apprently their medium between there H and A beams maybe its because im tired but why would they be refering to an I beam as an A beam?

one of the rods im really interested to hear if anyone has experience with is the Pauter X beam's as they are definately up there in the topend of the price range. one of the pro's i can see it has is that it would be lighter than the H and I beams but how would this effect its strength and durability overall.. i dont think ive heard of anyone running these in the skyline community before so if anyone here is using them or has used them please post your comments on them weather it was good or bad

im also interested to hear from people who have had a rod fail and what the reason why and how it failed

If money was no concern what style of rod would you run and why and also would you use a different style rod if it was a track dedicated car compared to say a drag dedicated car and if so.. why?

no doubt theres some things ive missed or forgotten to ask but shit happens its 4am and i cant sleep. probaly shouldnt have put the poll in either.. but meh.

Ive used Carillo, eagle, Tomei and a host of other brands, honestly they all work well, for near all of the motors now days that I do (turbo for usuage on track, street and drag) I stick with Eagle H beam, in very high HP SR20's, Rb's, 2jz's (including 3 over 1000hp) I have yet to have an eagle rod fail, imo its bang for your buck. Only time I worry about I-beam is for much higher reving N/A cars.

If money was no concern (which is fairly rare) I would go with Carillo.

I'd say do a search. This has been covered extensively.

Best bang for buck = Spool H-beams hands down. Do you want to make more than 1000hp? No? Buy some Spools and be happy forever.