SAU Community

Wakefield Park Track Day 16/9/03- all welcome (organised by OZ GTI-R Owners Club)

Beer Baron

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by wld33r

l

Yes?

You wouldn't be whoring posts to artificialy raise your post count? :uh-huh: would you? :uh-huh: and on my thread too! :D

Maybe you fell asleep on the key board :P

Anyway, my main reason to post is to let all you guys know that there is ONE PLACE LEFT:jump:

So if you want it post up...

Richard

Just a note to say, I have posted a list of people who have let me know they want a spot (including whether or not I have the $ from you).

Let me know of any errors.

Richard

Originally posted by slo200

hi mmmgtir,  

deposit will be in your acc at 12.30 today

is place still vacant?

daz

Sort of ;)

MRR32's friend (sorry forgot name) has expressed some interest (at the meet on Sunday). I'll keep the place for him 'till tomorrow, arvo - after that, you get first dibs.

BTW Slo: Your place is secure so I assume you're asking for someone else?

Richard

its alright richard. spoke to him last night (andy) and he is coming down in his white 180 beast. not actually driving on the track though, doesn't have the money to replace anything that breaks at the moment. he is gonna do my camera work for me.

so meeting time on the tuesday morning?

where?

Time? and leaving time from meeting point.

also I find on a long cruise CB's make it interesting so if you got them please feel free to bring them

Ok,

That's cool. Always nice to have some spectators.

As for going down there. When the GTI-R guys decide how they are going down, I'll post up here about meeting places and so on.

Personally, I will be going down on the Monday night. I'll leave work a little early, say 3:00, hope to get down there, sort of 6ish, check in (Probably at "The loaded dog"), watch the simpsons, have a few beverages, then wake up nice and early, and get to the track:burnout:

If anyone else likes doing things easy, and don't wanna drive for a couple of hours in the morning, only to get to the track sick of driving, let me know and some of us can go down together on the Monday.

Richard

Originally posted by Mr R32 M-Spec

Hey guys, the event is coming up in 1 week. can we get some organising happening for a meeting place and time

Good call. I'm happy to help facilitate a meet on the Tuesday morning but I won't be there. I'm going down early monday night so I can arrive at the track nice and fresh :D .

If anyone wants to come down with me, and stay at the same hotel post up and we'll organise something.

For the guys going down on the Tuesday, where do the bulk of you live?

Also, unfortunately one of the SAU guys has had to pull out. If someone can take his place he can then get his deposit back. How about you Duncan? I seem to remember you had some enthusiasm for the idea. C'mon take a sickie and help one of your SAU brethren out.

Also, on top of that place there is still one more left, so anyone of you who has friends ask them to come. PM me if you're keen.

Richard

Originally posted by Duncan

well, I'm almost certainly able to come along, but cant 100% confirm yet and dont want to hold a spot for someone who can 100% make it.

That's ok. If you can let me know before the weekend that would be great :(

Richard

ok.

I think I might have to come all the way out to Pentrith Anyway.

Have to pick bigbogan dave up from Doonside...

anyway.

Wait, by the end of teh day, we'll have the meeting oint arranged.

Looks like it will be 6:30 am near liverpoool / cambeltown.

ahh EARLY!

For those of you comming to Wakefield and for general use. Here is a pdf, showing all Shells servos that sell Optimax.

Of use for us is:

Shell Goulburn Cnr Clinton & Cowper Streets Goulburn NSW

and for BP ultimate:

BP Big Merino (DSS) Corner Cnr Hume Hwy & Lansdowne Street GOULBURN 02 48215477

1 week to go :burnout:

Richard

Ohh crap, can't upload pdf files, bugger.

For the Sydney People going to Wakefield on Tuesday Morning

We will be leaving 6:10 am SHARP, to ensure we get to wakefield nice and early.

They plan on stopping at Phessents Nest Mobil at for a 6.30 departure.

(The first petrol station on the M5 after Cambletown)

To get a bite for breaky and stuff.

So Just go straight there and dont bother meeting at the Shell...

We all want to be there for 9am right?

geez I'm not too good at early starts.

Great Work with the Servos Richard

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Agreed with the rest. Also at least based on my own research, there are no readily available stock or close-to-stock RB20Neo maps that you could download and use as a base were you to buy a complete standalone ECU, and the regular 20DET maps don't really work well so you'd need to take it to a tuner if you have no experience. I installed an AEM V2 on my 20Neo+T and had lots of headaches until I got it to run and idle properly but I've yet to remap it fully. You have to start building up your timing and fuel maps entirely from the ground up; even the ones for a 25 didn't work at all.
    • Got some decent progress after work yesterday and also today. Got the ECU all wired and passenger side interior all back together. Kept the wiring up nice and high to avoid people standing on it. Got the surge tank relays rewired and tidied up the pump wiring and cut a hole to bring the cables through.  I found a spare USB cable I had lying around so I decided to cut it up and see if I could use it for my CAN 1 bus. Turned out one of the pins I needed was to the shield of the cable so i cut it up and desoldered it and resoldered to the correct pins.  Had the issue with the powersteering hose hitting the A/C compressor and fan shroud. I pulled the bracket off and modified it to remove the front mounting point which now clears it all. Will keep an eye on it to see if theres any signs of fouling once it's up and running.
    • That's some good input mate. Nice.
    • So today I went well outside my comfort zone (again) to replace my valve cover gasket.  I have had a big leak over the exhaust leading to a lot of smoke and smell every time I drove it. The leak was in the rear driver's corner.  The job wasn't hard as such, just a bit finicky and time consuming.  The old gasket was rock hard and broken right where the leak was.  The leaky corner had so much sitting oil in it.  The good news to my amateur eyes was no buildup or sludge under the cover. It all looked fairly nice in there.   I haven't started it yet. I ran out of light and body when putting the coils and injector loom back in. Probs only 30min left for the morning.  I was so nervous putting the cover back on, I must have lifted it 5 times to make sure the gasket was still seated properly. God it's going to be nice to be leak free and not make other traffic light queuers think my car is about to explode.
    • Gave the Mazda it's first wash, it will need some clay, a light compound, and polish polish to remove a few swirl marks, but that will be a job for when I have a full day to get my DA polisher action on