SAU Community

Radiator In R34 Auto

I'm looking at getting a new radiator for my auto R34. I was looking at the Cooling Pro ones JustJap is selling for $399 but I'm not sure if they'll have all the necessary fittings that I'll need being an auto not a manual.

Has anyone fitted one before or know for sure whether it will fit or not?

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't bother with the radiator unless you're doing serious track work, even in the summer I can't get my water temp to budge in my car.

The money could be better spent :P

I was thinking I should look at it because my standard oil temp gauge gets to around 120 in the summer and when it's being pushed even in the cooler months. I thought for sure if my oil was heating up then my water temp would be even worse?

99% sure its cause the cooling pro radiator does not have the inlet/outlet for the gearbox oil

to pass through,surely 1 of the experts can come along and confirm this for us.

But,it would be nice if there was 1 availible to suit auto's

I was thinking I should look at it because my standard oil temp gauge gets to around 120 in the summer and when it's being pushed even in the cooler months. I thought for sure if my oil was heating up then my water temp would be even worse?

Get an oil cooler instead of the radiator.....maybe check the gauge also, may not be right. The hottest I've ever got my oil is 110 that was giving it some for about 30mins

Interesting...

I'll definitely get an oil cooler before the weather starts to heat up again then see how I go I suppose.

Thanks for your opinion Dan