SAU Community

Corvette Zr1 Runs 7.26.4

the corvette fan boys will just disregard all that and say, we beat you fullstop.

And the Nissan fan boys will make up excuses :D

Both are extremely impressive times, and impressive cars. Either would look great sitting in my car space :D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both are impressive and very fast but why is the ZR1 being compared to the GTR i thought the ZR1 is from the GM performance devision there for should be compared with an equal car, it should either be compared with the new Vspec or if nismo bring out a GTR.

come on mate settle down, 90% of people here dumb arses? this isnt nissansilvia.com :laughing-smiley-014:

people can make statistics to prove anything 40% of people know that :banana:

^^^^nissan fan boys making excuses? did you read the corvette forums when the GTR time first come up, im pretty sure we had a couple of their fan boys on here tyring to say the GTR's time was fake. was way worse than any excuses ive spotted on here.

Edited by Inline 6

people can make statistics to prove anything 40% of people know that :cool:

^^^^nissan fan boys making excuses? did you read the corvette forums when the GTR time first come up, im pretty sure we had a couple of their fan boys on here tyring to say the GTR's time was fake. was way worse than any excuses ive spotted on here.

I didn't say the GM boys were any better did I? :(

I have a GM and a Nissan, so I'll argue with both sides until the cows come home... or people learn to appreciate a good car no matter what badge it has on it. :laugh:

or people learn to appreciate a good car no matter what badge it has on it. :)

:(

I cant believe ppl are tryign to take away from this car by saying it shouldnt be compared to a GTR, it needs to be compared to a Nismo version blah, blah, blah! Who cares if its made by GM, Chevrolet or a division of Chevrolet. Fact is its not a limited run hottie, and its from GM of all people.

As for comparions, GTR is a PC with 4 seats, the Vette is a "sledgehammer" with only two seats. Both have their appeals and thank god the cars are so different in personality but equally quick. We cant all like vanilla ice cream!

By the way, is the Veyron quicker then the old Sledgehammer Vette?

I found this really interesting - http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/11/video-g...gt-r-ring-laps/

It's a side by side comparison lap of the ZR1 and the R35. You can see where the vette wins this race and that is from Ex-Muhle to the big Karusell which is basically a fast 4km long stretch that is SERIOUSLY uphill. So it looks like if the V-Spec wants to knock that time off it really needs to look at the weight side of things. You can see though that the GTR really does handle the bumps better and really on the long downhill straight it doesn't lose any ground the the vette - its just uphill that is the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

ok sorry for going off topic but to the dude that said GM is bout to fall over or sum shit....

http://money.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=605025

GM is the 2nd largest car manufacturer in the world...... the 2nd largest..

If they were about to go under they would cut expenses like oh... i dunno... motorsport... like... nascar (worlds largest motorsport) & leman

• 4 weeks later...
ok sorry for going off topic but to the dude that said GM is bout to fall over or sum shit....

http://money.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=605025

GM is the 2nd largest car manufacturer in the world...... the 2nd largest..

If they were about to go under they would cut expenses like oh... i dunno... motorsport... like... nascar (worlds largest motorsport) & leman

Since when has large meant profitable, you need to do more reading mate... im thinking chapter 11 in the next 18 months. this cutting is from bloomberg.

GM shares have lost 84 percent since May 31, 2000, the day before Wagoner became CEO. It's the worst performing stock in the 30-company Dow Jones Industrial Average during the past 12 months, with a 69 percent decline.

The company's shares are rated ``sell'' by three analysts, ``hold'' by seven and ``buy'' by two, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

More Short Interest

Short-seller James Chanos, president of Kynikos Associates Ltd., said in a Bloomberg Television interview yesterday that GM should consider bankruptcy. He said he is adding to his short position on the automaker

Edited by Duncan1

GM lost $15 billion in the first 3 months of this year, at that rate '07 is gonna look like a good year. They nearly went under last year - and Ford is feeling it too, cutting jobs here already.Should make the vette a bit more collectable, can't see them keeping all their sports models when they need to sell something that the public actually wants with the petrol the way it is.

The vette sounds pretty awesome, but then to Australians it will be pushing an extra $100K over the GTR, and to me it still boils down to the 'best bang for buck', which describes most GTRs since the R32.

Me I'd take the Rouse Mustang over the Vette, it looks like a really fun car! check out Clarkson's 'The good, the bad and the ugly' vid. The Mustang sounds like a good deal.

Edited by gts4diehard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
Good on GM for making such a beast of a car, what a shame importing one to Australia will cost over $250k. :cool:

It's actually more like $400,000 once coverted to RHD! The Z06's are available for about $220K

ZR-1 is a beast of a car no doubt about that, I still prefer GT-R which ran a damn near identical 7.26.7sec at the Nubrugring (0.3 sec slower), and I get 4 seats so I can take my kids, a decent boot so we can go on a day trip somewhere (or overnight) and a much more upmarket interior/build quality...and yes I can take it out in the rain!...and its cheaper...and dare I say it arguably looks better too.