• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know what model the LPG tank is?

And could you please tell me the water & useable capacity of it please.

Edited by inmate

I think SGI (sequential gas injection) is what "Urtwhistle" R34 GTT is running of "Prins" brand. His seems to work really well and is duel fuel with Power FC aftermarket ECU. He seems to have maxed his power out at 200 RWKW (on single injectors per cylinder.

My system is a little different being a Gas Research system www.gasresearch.com.au. It is not SGI however the skies the limit in terms of potential power with dual converters and throttle bodies (my installer has seen about 495 RWKW with this setup in a turbo XR6 Falcon).

There are many turbo RB30 VL Commodore's running with this setup and doing 9 and 10 sec 1/4 mile passes.

However if you are not into big power figures and can live with about 200 RWKW, then the SGI system is a great system once tuned properly.

I am awaiting the development of the liquid injection LPG system which is yet another generation ahead of SGI (vapour ) systems. This system will inject liquid LPG instead of (gas) vapour into the engine so no converter is required. It seems it's availability is just around the corner here in VIC anyway, firstly available for GEN 3 V8 Commodores and 6 cylinder Commodores and Falcons.

Time will tell how these liquid LPG systems perform!

I have just spoken to Hilbert at Australian Lpg Warehouse.

He said that the LiLPG systems will be in the country within the next couple of weeks. :D

Being that I travel over 800km's every week... Can't wait to see what can be done with the m35.

Is there any way to get a gas tank run duel fuel in the stagea without putting a big tank in the car? for me the tank in the car makes the whole wagon part useless. however duel fuel would be a benifit with the ks i do.

hey sorry to hijack the thread but does anyone here know if M35 stageas can be converted to run on LPG? Looking at importing one very soon and will be looking at a lpg conversion early next year. The Liquid LPG systems sound good, hopefully they'll be stable and more proven by the time i look into it.

hey sorry to hijack the thread but does anyone here know if M35 stageas can be converted to run on LPG? Looking at importing one very soon and will be looking at a lpg conversion early next year. The Liquid LPG systems sound good, hopefully they'll be stable and more proven by the time i look into it.

This is something that is at the top of my list.

I have a workshop that will be looking at mine in a couple of weeks.

I will be going to straight LiLPG.

If you can wait unitl then, I should have an answer for you.

Can't see why not though...

I have just spoken to Hilbert at Australian Lpg Warehouse.

He said that the LiLPG systems will be in the country within the next couple of weeks. :D

Being that I travel over 800km's every week... Can't wait to see what can be done with the m35.

Kick arse. Let us know if you hear anything else. I just read a bit about it here: http://www.lpgli.com/index.html

It sounds very interesting indeed.

• 3 months later...
I think SGI (sequential gas injection) is what "Urtwhistle" R34 GTT is running of "Prins" brand. His seems to work really well and is duel fuel with Power FC aftermarket ECU. He seems to have maxed his power out at 200 RWKW (on single injectors per cylinder.

My system is a little different being a Gas Research system www.gasresearch.com.au. It is not SGI however the skies the limit in terms of potential power with dual converters and throttle bodies (my installer has seen about 495 RWKW with this setup in a turbo XR6 Falcon).

There are many turbo RB30 VL Commodore's running with this setup and doing 9 and 10 sec 1/4 mile passes.

However if you are not into big power figures and can live with about 200 RWKW, then the SGI system is a great system once tuned properly.

I am awaiting the development of the liquid injection LPG system which is yet another generation ahead of SGI (vapour ) systems. This system will inject liquid LPG instead of (gas) vapour into the engine so no converter is required. It seems it's availability is just around the corner here in VIC anyway, firstly available for GEN 3 V8 Commodores and 6 cylinder Commodores and Falcons.

Time will tell how these liquid LPG systems perform!

I fit these kits in port elliot and to increase the power output you increase the injector size they suit upto v10 dodge vipers with only one converter as the converter on SGI only maintains one pressure level. nothing else and allows the injectors to regulate fueling. Skys the limit with power just need the right parts when ordering the kit and know which injectors to order as there are 4 sizes and when you order the kit you get the smallest ones by default.

So has anyone heard anything more on teh liquid LPG system yet?

The question is do you really want Liquid lpg so close to the engine? The vapour system works a treat.

So has anyone heard anything more on teh liquid LPG system yet?

Not as yet.

While the systems are in the country and are being installed. Their main focus is on the main populace - that is Falcodores, Magnas, X-trails etc.

I was bumped back because they would have to design a custom system, and being that the Li systems are new, they want to get as many through the door as possible.

I will call today if I get time to see where we are at.

Maybe they have a system for the Maxima (VQ35) which could be adapted to the NM35.

liquid LPG systems will be made in a universal kit within the next few months......

apparently it will be easily adapted to any car....

have to wait and see.

I willl be monitoring the progress of this new liquid injection technology as I have had it in the back of my mind to adapt this system to my current dedicated gas Stagea and to see the power and torque gains it may have over traditional vapour systems.

If anyone hears of any progress I would love to hear.

liquid LPG systems will be made in a universal kit within the next few months......

apparently it will be easily adapted to any car....

have to wait and see.

That sounds rather positive.

Since I got the "call back after Christmas" response, I guess I will take the wait and see approach to see what these universal kits are about.

• 3 months later...
Is there any way to get a gas tank run duel fuel in the stagea without putting a big tank in the car? for me the tank in the car makes the whole wagon part useless. however duel fuel would be a benifit with the ks i do.

i have mine where the spare wheel used to be. hope i never get a flat