SAU Community

July 2008 Photo Thread

Sl!m

ooh like some of those last ones

out of interest you have a copy of the originals of that blue 300zx?

(like before you played with the colours)

Um i'll have a look through my photos for ya for an original of the 300ZX - but if i havent, im possibly organising another photoshoot with him in the next week or so so i can show you some original photos then :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a lot of people seem to think they make their photo's better by playing with them in photoshop but from what i can tell they just make them worse

(ps. do think those last 4 you posted are awesome though :O )

Haha no worries - thanks for the tips though. Criticism is good - helps you get somewhere :cool:

IMG_3453small.jpg

You've got hotspots everywhere, you can't see the front bar and the sky is blown out.

To fix this you'll need a polarising filter and shoot an a time later in the day when the glare is gone.

Other things you can use are 1/2 ND filters.

IMG_3453small.jpg

You've got hotspots everywhere, you can't see the front bar and the sky is blown out.

To fix this you'll need a polarising filter and shoot an a time later in the day when the glare is gone.

Other things you can use are 1/2 ND filters.

I can quite clearly see the front bar, all that there is, is a couple of bright flares as a result of the sun reflection.

Also i looked back through my originals and the sky IS white. SO obviously no matter what i did changing the levels or curves, the sky would have been white nonetheless.

Look. I've only started out in photography and i have no filters - heck the camera i use isn't even my own. These photos are just for an assignment - nothing to professional thats for sure.

But thanks anyway?

Ian may have come across a bit abrupt, though I dont think he meant it that way, just offering advice on what would make it a better picture.

Some photo's taken with my 400d at home the gold coast and at mt tamborine. contructive critisism taken on board for future.

I love the fire twirler photo, and also the polar bear. And jeez that zombie looking thing is ugly! Haha.

SHouldnt we start an August thread now? :P

Some photo's taken with my 400d at home the gold coast and at mt tamborine. contructive critisism taken on board for future.

some good shots - my advice would be to watch out for taking photo's that aren't quite level - kinda hard sometimes - i do it myself all the time too

(ie talking about shots where you can see horizon for example)

ps started august photo thread (ps anyone can start it - so next time 1st person to post in the next month should start it ;))

• 2 weeks later...