SAU Community

V Model

This might seem a bit strange to ask, especially since all the stuff I have read just today but can someone please confirm that the Stereo is below and in front of the Screen and this Screen drives out of the hole at the top of the Centre console. The Screen is usually hidden from view.

this is correct.

Is this on all models or just some... does the Screen pop up and do all Sedans and Coupes have it, or just the Premiums, or the one's with TV/DVD option?

unsure on model designation. I have seen the screens on various models 250gt,300gt and the 350gt. if you can see the buttons on the top of the dash then it is there. NONE of them play DVD video. The DVD is a DVD ROM ONLY! (this is used for navigation and vehicle features.)

If it is a TV/DVD option I presume that this also means that you get a Trip computer as well as a TV, that only works in The land of the long white cloud.

correct. TV doesn't work here in (until I get my hands on it..)

Isn't a Double Din head unit standard across the range and the Bose (Double Din too) an option on all models?

no. if it is bose the car is wired specifically for it. the ENTIRE dash panel is one piece and the controls are ALL part of that panel. you can buy the panels to remove it but its NOT a cheap exercise to do it.

How do you know if the wiring and (Japanese) hardware for TV is fitted to your car, where do you look?

if the OE nav screen is there then the TV system is there.

Getting kinda excited with all this research and all of you guys appear to have a great car, with so many things to think about before I go looking and driving. I hope I like them to drive...

Cheers all

they are quite a car to drive. the 250 and 300 GT are slower but not too bad. the 350GT is where it is at if you still have a bit of hoon in you. I drove a 350 GT back to a customer and scared myself in it as it accelerates quite quickly when you mash the right foot. the 6 speed is more impressive.

if you import one route it via brisbane and I'll work a bit of magic on it.

this is correct.

unsure on model designation. I have seen the screens on various models 250gt,300gt and the 350gt. if you can see the buttons on the top of the dash then it is there. NONE of them play DVD video. The DVD is a DVD ROM ONLY! (this is used for navigation and vehicle features.)

correct. TV doesn't work here in (until I get my hands on it..)

no. if it is bose the car is wired specifically for it. the ENTIRE dash panel is one piece and the controls are ALL part of that panel. you can buy the panels to remove it but its NOT a cheap exercise to do it.

if the OE nav screen is there then the TV system is there.

they are quite a car to drive. the 250 and 300 GT are slower but not too bad. the 350GT is where it is at if you still have a bit of hoon in you. I drove a 350 GT back to a customer and scared myself in it as it accelerates quite quickly when you mash the right foot. the 6 speed is more impressive.

if you import one route it via brisbane and I'll work a bit of magic on it.

Thanks Chris, good answers that are so appreciated. Although, just to clarify, can you please answer a couple more...

Can you can add a DVD Player to the Standard Screen, with that player having inputs for Playstation & Rear View Camera's etc? What unit do you recommend and what are the costs roughly?

What is it worth roughly to get the TV Working well, I presume the work required is similar to getting the right frequencies for the Radio?

Is the Bose a good unit if you compare it with a High end head unit with DAB FM, DVD, MP3, Time Correction and all the bells and whistles? I usually use an ALPINE fairly high up in the range, not the top couple and multiple thousands but just below.

The screens are so cheap now too and I would guess that after 4 or 5 years the BOSE unit would be a bit tired and lacking in features, that an upgrade of speakers and amps would bring a big improvement.

In regards to 'Dash' Panels etc, what are you up for to replace the Bose unit, if your not happy with it? Two Screens would look pretty cool...

Would love to get an expert to work on it, do you have a website where I can check your work out and you list of options? Do you travel?

Thanks again and I am getting a little excited now and I haven't even driven one...

Thanks Chris, good answers that are so appreciated. Although, just to clarify, can you please answer a couple more...

Can you can add a DVD Player to the Standard Screen, with that player having inputs for Playstation & Rear View Camera's etc? What unit do you recommend and what are the costs roughly?

What is it worth roughly to get the TV Working well, I presume the work required is similar to getting the right frequencies for the Radio?

Is the Bose a good unit if you compare it with a High end head unit with DAB FM, DVD, MP3, Time Correction and all the bells and whistles? I usually use an ALPINE fairly high up in the range, not the top couple and multiple thousands but just below.

The screens are so cheap now too and I would guess that after 4 or 5 years the BOSE unit would be a bit tired and lacking in features, that an upgrade of speakers and amps would bring a big improvement.

In regards to 'Dash' Panels etc, what are you up for to replace the Bose unit, if your not happy with it? Two Screens would look pretty cool...

Would love to get an expert to work on it, your website is Audio Express, under your sig? Hopefully, I can check your work out and your list of options? Do you travel?

Thanks again and I am getting a little excited now and I haven't even driven one...

audio express is my business. does car audio (integration in the case of a 35.) car security and reworks of JDM cars.

best to call me on your main questions. the short version to your questions is anything can be done given time and $$.

if you are used to alpine top shelf gear then the bose system may disappoint you.

yes I do travel but its easier if you import a car route it via brisbane. depending on the job size it will take me 2-3 days to do.

call me and we'll go from there.

audio express is my business. does car audio (integration in the case of a 35.) car security and reworks of JDM cars.

best to call me on your main questions. the short version to your questions is anything can be done given time and $$.

if you are used to alpine top shelf gear then the bose system may disappoint you.

yes I do travel but its easier if you import a car route it via brisbane. depending on the job size it will take me 2-3 days to do.

call me and we'll go from there.

Will keep it in mind and thanks again.

Need a car first...