SAU Community

M35: 2.5l Turbo Or 3.5l N/a? Pros & Cons

sven laptop

Give Ben a call. I just spoke to him and he believes it is possible but he needs a car and will take about 6 months to complete.

Cheers

Andy

Could not agree more. Although you may want to talk to Tony there at Northshore Prestige as he deals with the mechanical side of the business.

I for one can vouch for the boys at Northshore as I purchased my car from them last May(?).

They both continue to answer any questions I have and treat me as if I live around the corner - even though I am in another state.

.... Price was good too! :)

• 3 months later...
Could not agree more. Although you may want to talk to Tony there at Northshore Prestige as he deals with the mechanical side of the business.

I for one can vouch for the boys at Northshore as I purchased my car from them last May(?).

They both continue to answer any questions I have and treat me as if I live around the corner - even though I am in another state.

.... Price was good too! :ninja:

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but does anyone have more info on whether the 3.5 N/A can be complied or not yet. I remember reading someone was looking to get the compliance for them, but haven't heard since. Also can't find anything on the forum.

Cheers

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but does anyone have more info on whether the 3.5 N/A can be complied or not yet. I remember reading someone was looking to get the compliance for them, but haven't heard since. Also can't find anything on the forum.

Cheers

pretty sure it's in the pipeline.....Haltec are involved somehow I here....still don't get how an M35 cannot get complied but a V35 can.....anyway it's in the pipeline.

pretty sure it's in the pipeline.....Haltec are involved somehow I here....still don't get how an M35 cannot get complied but a V35 can.....anyway it's in the pipeline.

I found this on the http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/sevs/336-02.htm

It says that it can, but I have read the problems that some of the other guys had. I'm sure it will be posted up once it gets through

It says that it can, but I have read the problems that some of the other guys had. I'm sure it will be posted up once it gets through

May I suggest contacting Muz on these forums?

I am pretty damn sure that if it can be complied, his would be the first.

Going back to the original question, yesterday I drove an M35 VQ25DET immediately after driving a V35 Coupe VQ35DE, both in 5spd auto. Even though the M35 weighs 200kg+ more, its response and low down torque made it a more exciting drive for my tastes - (though the Coupe wins in the looks department). The M35 has a mountain of torque just off idle which you can feel tapering as revs rise whilst the V35 becomes more exciting as revs rise. My wife has a V35 300GT which feels significantly slower than both.

So the M35 "feels" the fastest because of the monster torque from 1500rpm - almost like an old school V8 but much smoother.

The SEVS register is not a list of vehicles that are eligible to be imported/complied/registered, This SEVS Entry issued by the Administrator does not constitute automatic approval for importation of nor infers ADR compliance for supply of the vehicle to the Australian market.

As of last week the M35 with VQ35 has not been tested or even in the system to be tested as no one wants to commit their own money and with the drop in the dollar a test car will be a long way off.