SAU Community

Ever Thought About Lpg Liquid Injecting Your Rb25/26det ?

Theres a new LPG system recently introduced to Australia, it's called Liquid Injection LPG where the LPG is directly injected into the intake manifold/plenum, replacing the old skool mixer system where previously gas was transfered into vapour form then straight to manifold, reducing engine power out put and consuming 25% more gas.

Apparently the new system is not only more efficient and hi-tech but according to some dyno result, it pumps out more power than petrol.

Have a read through this.

The system does not run a ECU, its only a ICU which means it only switches the gas injectors on and the petrol ones off. The gas injectors are run by the petrol computer purely. There is no separate tune. If you need a tune you flash your ECU like normal. So just think what can be gained with a proper tune.

The Terrritory donut tank is just a proposition at this stage. The brackets for donuts on Territories needs to be sorted.

The system is deceptively simple but complex in fitting correctly. I have only been around LPG for close to 15 years, and this , I would have to say, will revolutionise the industry totally.

I have been waiting for liquid injection to be released for a very long time now (years and years) and to have it so close to its release date is exciting ,to say the least, for me too.

So far it has lived up to my expectations and flown way above them. I really want to fit it to my own car also, that way I have a better feel for what it does and what claims I can make about economy and so forth first hand (it is being marketed with a 5% increase in economy over petrol) but who cares, its cheap AND..... IT GIVES YOU MORE POWER!!!! Who need to know more!!!!

As promised here are some pics.

IMGP0167.jpg

Donut tank in the back

IMGP0175.jpg

Edited by Barbarian

Sorry.. where are you pulling $10,000+ from here??

and last time I checked, Ford Territory's were Australian.

There was another thread around here about Mark converting his GTR... yeah they look good - if you're able to buy a kit specifically for the skylines that would definitely be a juicy option.

If it is liquid injection its obviously in a thicker form (as well as full time injection cycles) resulting in more LPG being burnt - I wonder how much mileage you would get in relation to unleaded?

Edited by -R33GTS-

No, because it would be illegal. Unless you paid the $10,000+ to get the car emission tested. And it isn't in Australia yet.

Emission testing what?

LPG doesnt require it, it never has. NFI what your on about

emission testing on lpg? ok. it is in australia atm they have basic kits for common cars such as 6 litre ves 5.7 xr6 and xr8 etc looking into getting it for my 2jz, aparently theres an r33 running around with the setup

Im pretty sure ford has a series with liquid lpg. My old man loves them and I believe his falcon has it (company car) not 100% sure but anyways yes its true, Gas is more powerful with liquid

Im pretty sure ford has a series with liquid lpg. My old man loves them and I believe his falcon has it (company car) not 100% sure but anyways yes its true, Gas is more powerful with liquid

Nah not liquid unfortunately, still the mixer system in the Fords I'm pretty sure. But the liquid system above seems very promising. Bring on the results on paper :O

Ford still use the mixer system, the injected lpg system hasnt been around as long but i reckon it would pretty much hold up fairly well, the LPG is a good fuel source but anythime you try run a duel fuel setup you will get a head ache ignition timing cam specs the whole lot have to be a little bit different for each so you end up with a compromise and neither fuel supply gets you running 100%

Emission testing what?

LPG doesnt require it, it never has. NFI what your on about

All cars that have been converted to gas have to comply with the ADR's for emissions. The companies that make the kits pay for all the R & D and have the cars emission tested. Then and only then can the kits be sold to the public. That's why all diesel cars converted to LPG are illegal. As none of the kits are ADR approved yet. So the workshops that fitted them are either having to remove them or have the cars emission tested, which is very expensive.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

Here is my r33 s2 gtst25 running JTG liquid injection for those interested. Runs great besides running a bit rough on a cold start until it warms up.

Cheers,

post-74821-1278220520_thumb.jpg

There is thread and threads on this stuff at Calais Turbo and the Ls1 forum alot of guys have been doing this to their 6lts and picking up a fair whack of KW's just from going to gas injection,

Ford still run mixers and you can get their EGAS falcon which is a straight gas mixer system with 2 tanks with a combined capacity of about 100lts. on trips i used to get around 550 - 600klms on that system, but would love to see what can be achieved with Liquid

Hi Guys,

Here is my r33 s2 gtst25 running JTG liquid injection for those interested. Runs great besides running a bit rough on a cold start until it warms up.

Cheers,

Nice one!!!

How much was the set up? Was it difficult to set up/tune?

Are you getting better fuel economy?

Cheers

Justin

Hi Guys,

Cheers,

Just wanna know two things.... is it a dedicated LiLPG system or is it dual fuel and if it IS a dedicated system, who did it?

Cheers.