SAU Community

The Best Car Design This Century?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will always have a soft spot for the AM db9

sure it's not as flamboyant or ostentatious as ferrari and lambo flabours of the week,

but it has that certain timeless class that stands the test of time

2009_aston_martin_db9_main630_01-1021.jpg

I think the AM DBS is the ultimate.......just classy as hell......

as much I love V12s and Vantage, they shouldn't do the V12 vantage.........AM seems to have that classy cruiser supercar image going, not hard core sports car, the V12 vantage seems so out of place.

Someone's been watching a little too much top gear lolz, dw im guilty of throwing in some JC vocab in my daily convo's too

Bwahaha completely unintentional I swear, so I will take it as a compliment... and an insult sif compare me with a pom

I really am just a nerd for words... an shiet

as much I love V12s and Vantage, they shouldn't do the V12 vantage.........AM seems to have that classy cruiser supercar image going, not hard core sports car, the V12 vantage seems so out of place.

The DBS and DB9 are just that... classy.

They wanted more power in a lighter/more compact chassis; therefore V12 into Vantage. However I think they missed the point because the V12 Vantage is only 15kgs lighter than the V12 DBS.

4011137.jpg

I knew the zonda r reminded me of something. must be where they got the pinstripe idea. This is the coolest car EVER.

I heard its going to be in the new fast n furious movie driven by VIN, P.Walker is going to be racing him in the general lee, Hasselhoof is making a comeback with K.I.T.T (The perfect car when hes too drunk to drive) .The original Elenoar? Will be thrown in for the sideways action. Of course it doesnt matter how fast any of them are because at the end of the show Lindsay Lohan is gunna beat em all in Herbie

Edited by doozooby

Hi.

The car which will out perform and outbrake and more importantly costs a lot less than the "pretty" cars shown so far is the Ultima. What a weapon for the price.

Hi.

Thanks for the post. Too bad we're not talking about fast cars, but good looking cars. If we have a look at the original post:

Every car has a balance of straight lines and curved and a clay model can change your opinion with just a few scrapes here and there...

Symmetry? In your face? Sexxy?

So out of 10 and why? Whats the best design car so far this century?

Take into account a photo from 4 angles...

i) front

ii) side

iii) obliquely from front

iv) obliquely from rear

it's got nothing to do with how fast it goes.

My bad. I thought they stopped doing them in the late 90s.

The FD RX-7 would also be pretty much the top of my list, especially since we're not considering the interior.

Edited by scathing

Ok so the batmobile was last century , but then i remembered this little gem from 2005. It is only a concept car but it does exsist

DetroitAuto402.jpg

And from the backholden-efigy-side-rear.jpg

Doesn't anyone like curves anymore, the Bugatti Veyron is up there but a bit too bland and the grill looks like a doggy door...

Edited by doozooby

I'd start a thread for the worst car design of this century, but there's no point as we all know its going to be the entire Ssanyong range.

I'd like to see you start it Alan, just so I can contribute with an 'insane' Megane.