SAU Community

The Best Car Design This Century?

BTW - this century is only 8yrs old...........................

If you want to get anal retentive about it, its technically 7.75 years old.

My vote goes to the Lamborghini Reventon. Its the only car I can think of that wouldn't ever need a bodykit or wheels, and the overall shape as well as the small details are amazing.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to get anal retentive about it, its technically 7.75 years old.

My vote goes to the Lamborghini Reventon. Its the only car I can think of that wouldn't ever need a bodykit or wheels, and the overall shape as well as the small details are amazing.

On that thought I agree with you.

And on that note of not having to put a body kit on a car would be the R35 GTR IMO.

To be fair, though, a Reventon is just a riced up Murcielago. I would agree with GTS-4 dreamer that a Gallardo is a better looking car than the regular Murcielago.

Since prototype designs are acceptable, I'd vote for the GT-R Proto over the production model. Holden's Efigy is also an amazing piece of work.

I reckon the Veyron looks horrible. It looks bloated, like its in a sumo suit. That Bugatti horseshoe front grille looks like it belongs on the front of an oldschool car that had long, narrow bodies with the wheels sticking out (like the ones Bugatti is famous for).

Veyron like a pirhana... effective, frightening... but UGLY!

I also like the FD RX7, but since we're talking THIS century I go budget conscious

(and prob very unpopular as it's not a sports car or rwd) and say

the new....... VW Scirocco.

Mmmm... exterior and interior... class! Just needs the RS4 V8!

(tried to post pic but upload didn't work!)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Ferrari 458 Italia looking real sexy

Shit yeah. What a hottie.

As an aside I think the Ferrari California is leading my "worst car design this century" list though.

the new....... VW Scirocco

I didn't think much of these rebodied Golfs when I first saw them, but after seeing a few in the metal while I was in Europe I've changed my mind. They look great.

From a non-aesthetic perspective, I quite like the design of the Toyota iQ as well. It's cute, and it can carry 3 people in something with a tiny footprint. The perfect city car.

Edited by scathing

My vote would go towards the GT40. They have the history behind them, they have power, they look awesome and they are not like assholes where everyone has one. sure they arent the best car for handling etc, but there is no perfect car.

coming close second would be the Revention.

Ferrari F430 - IMO the sexiest car ever made

Ferrari F458

Not huge on any of the Lambo's after the Miura, but I agree the Gallardo is nicer looking than the Murcielago

Ferraris. The F430 is gorgeous and the 360 was sweet too, plus the bonus of having the goods to back up the looks.

I loved Lambos when I was younger, was unimpressed when I actually rode in a Countach.

Oh and used to agree with Gallardos looking nicer than the Murcie, till I saw one in real life parked next to a Corolla. God damn they're small! Looked much better in photos!

And Astons are very sexy for a relatively simple design, so they'll age well.