SAU Community

Over Boosted?

seen this skyline motor and thought i wouldnt mind this setup at all, get the best of both worlds in a way.

what are your thoughts on this modified motor?, it is definatly different and has potential to produce a bit of on tap power id imagine...

what benifits do you think can come from having both twin turbos and supercharged?

or do you think it is more for a freak factor?.

4drftn

Edited by 4drftn

seen this skyline motor and thought i wouldnt mind this setup at all, get the best of both worlds in a way.

what are your thoughts on this modified motor?, it is definatly different and has potential to produce a bit of on tap power id imagine...

what benifits do you think can come from having both twin turbos and supercharged?

or do you think it is more for a freak factor?.

4drftn

it wouldn't fit in a Skyline...maybe a tube framed chassis.

I think its just for display purposes though.

WoW Twin Charging :)

Maybe if you remove the rail and skirt it may fit lol

Still very impressive tho, Would image it would be a freak,

With such power and response.

Makes for interesting street car lol

:D

ah yeah thats an old one

its a demo engine for some tuning workshop

it has been done in real life though

stockmystock did a 3 litre supercharged turbocharged

there are videos on youtube of it search for stockymcstock

or on the forums and find the video links

from memory its an rb30 with a supercharger and a GT40

nissan head twin charged engine long ago. in the beginning of the 90s. I think it was in MARCH superturbo or something.

yah.. the nissan march superturbo.. i want to track one down as a daily driver.. all 930cc 108hp in a car that weighed barely 700kg..

reading from the site i got the picture from, the engine is used and is in a skyline...

how wouldn't this setup work? by that do you mean benifiting having supercharge or do you mean at all...

it may be a skyline "shell" sitting on top of a tube chassie.. theres no way in hell it'd fit in a standard skyline chassie

reading from the site i got the picture from, the engine is used and is in a skyline...

how wouldn't this setup work? by that do you mean benifiting having supercharge or do you mean at all...

There is nothing stoping all the pressure the supercharger is making going back out the turbo's and the same with the boost the turbo's make once they have spooled going back through the supercharger.

The whole point of twin charging is that the supercharger is working when the turbo's are not.

Exactly. The supercharger works on a clutch system so its engaged while the turbos are spooling to a set pressure and then disengages when the turbos are on the desired boost.

ORC built a twin charged 350Z running a blitz turbo and a custom made charger and a shot of nitrous aswell.