SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

all i want to do is cut the speakers off the terraphone, and replace with earbuds. Bluetooth system seems easy for the future though.

Edited by sav man

all i want to do is cut the speakers off the terraphone, and replace with earbuds. Bluetooth system seems easy for the future though.

I don't know if its as easy as cutting the buds off and putting them in place of the speakers ben?

What sort of helmet do you have?

Has anyone ran earbuds for incar comms? My helmate dosn't have cavities around the ears, so after acouple of days the big plastic terrapone speakers get pretty uncomfertable.

these look alright, but not real cheep. I was thinking of just making some normal ones work, but these look like they fit in a helmate better.

http://www.philtronics.com.au/motorsport/e...c%20prices.html

Just remove the bit of foam where the speaker sits... If you are going for ear plugs, you need to get a new mic from Altronics (Phil at Active) or TEC, then make a new jbox with fly lead and 3.5 mm socket. Fly lead goes to the terra socket and you plug the 3.5 that comes on the plug type into the J box. Lots to go wrong - ie forgetting and busting a joint. For mine a bit of 80 grit and care = comfort.

tt984

I don't know if its as easy as cutting the buds off and putting them in place of the speakers ben?

What sort of helmet do you have?

Bell Sport 4, can't remove the inside.

We use the Blue Ant Bluetooth head-sets and I reckon they work brilliantly. We just keep a 12V charger in the car as well incase someone does forget to charge them overnight (they re-charge in no-time as well) but they have like an 8hr charge so they last a day ok even should you forget to turn them off.

But we've had some great fun with them car-car rather than just driver/nav since they have a good 100m range. Can be good fun having a laugh with another driver as you punch out some laps or play on a skidpan. :(

• 1 month later...

So, with Targa Tassie now but just a fading memory, whats next for you bunch of arse clowns?

Me? well, I'm off to Townsville with Russ/Sarah/Mark first weekend on June for the Mt Stuart tarmac rally. I'll be writing the notes for Russ, and sarah, Russ' wife, will be calling them from the silly seat :D

This will be Sarah's first crack at navving, and I'm sure she'll have a ball. sarah can drive a bit too judging by her performance at Lakeside on Friday last week, so I reckon she'll be giving Russell a big "hurry up" :P

So, with Targa Tassie now but just a fading memory, whats next for you bunch of arse clowns?

Me? well, I'm off to Townsville with Russ/Sarah/Mark first weekend on June for the Mt Stuart tarmac rally. I'll be writing the notes for Russ, and sarah, Russ' wife, will be calling them from the silly seat :D

This will be Sarah's first crack at navving, and I'm sure she'll have a ball. sarah can drive a bit too judging by her performance at Lakeside on Friday last week, so I reckon she'll be giving Russell a big "hurry up" :P

you're not running Benny?

I *might* see you there... got a call this morning from someone who is thinking about entering.

(i thought they'd already closed but i guess there's always room for a few more!)

only problem is that my recent adventures have left me a bit light on annual leave!

I'm simply the backup nav/service crew :P

I'd love to run it, but my car is still in Melbourne, is still a bit sorry for itself, and it doesn't quite fit CAMS spec now with the front mount.

Mark and I could have run the Evo 5 together for shits n giggles, but I blew the donk in it didn't I.

I'm simply the backup nav/service crew :D

I'd love to run it, but my car is still in Melbourne, is still a bit sorry for itself, and it doesn't quite fit CAMS spec now with the front mount.

Mark and I could have run the Evo 5 together for shits n giggles, but I blew the donk in it didn't I.

excuses excuses :P

:D

actually just double checked the dates and realised i have a family wedding :P

missing it probably wouldn't go down too well since I've been absent from a few family things recently thanks to rallies!

any navs interested in running PM me for details - deal looks like you'd need to cover own travel and accommodation expenses.

as said before i don't think this person has entered (hoping to sneak in late) so trying to get sorted in next day or so.

I'm simply the backup nav/service crew :P

Hard on the gear!

NAh!!! Just reralizin that only RB20's are factory built woo-proof. :P

That's cool that your coming up Ben. Should be a fun weekend. Have a few beers at least anyway. They have added another 2 stages now so we'll get a few extra runs up the mountin aswell. You woulda been right with the front mount mate. I don't think there would have been a problem. It's all a bit social up this way. Another lad from here had planned to run his 32 GTS-t but couldn't get rego sorted in time.

Anyway, be good to meet ya.

Coop

i'm bang up for buller with the rx7 this year and looks like we might have a fair crew from tassie running too.

so from this...

post-5400-1242699338_thumb.jpg

to this in six months seems almost reasonable!

post-5400-1242699723_thumb.jpg

Should be well wicked Stu Balls!

Wanna nav in it for me? :P lol

:blink:

Will it have a real paint job by then Stu so it looks like a racecar instead of a hairdresser's car :rolleyes:

marlin - no fences to hold you back from the big drops up there punk!

kel - harsh, but promoting it as a hairdresser's car doesn't suggest any great aspirations so could be a good way to keep it! actually i'd love to paint it flat black, i reckon that would look awesome, handy for sponsors too... just whip out the chalk duster when you get a new one!

sav_man - not sure about up north, but from hobart myself and darren fogarty in the rx7, peter o'keefe seems pretty keen, an almost finished gtr down here with a guy new to tarmac rally, another new guy to tarmac rally that i went to school with in his yet to be finished l34 torana and a couple of others are talkin.