SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

So you were just suffering from a 24hr virus or something?? LOL

But great news - I look forwards to you kicking my ass again :(

I'm taking my little dragon out to Winton in a couple of weeks for its last spin in it's current incarnation before heading off to change a few little things in time for 2010. I'm personally quite excited about getting back into it all after a good 6 months break.

Well, I'm always up for a whinge, has got me through a closed door more than once :(

I had a think about it, had a chat to me old man who kind of lives vicariously through me, and decided that yeah, if I'm to do one event, Targa Tas is it. I'll gladly forfeit all the other events to do it.

Well I've now got 2 objectives for the event.

1. is to break the Rookie Jinx and actually finish (I believe no past Modern Rookie winner has finished the full event the next year).

2. Beat you on a stage. LOL - I got within 1s a couple of times last year but couldn't quite manage to do it once.

Now I just have to make sure I don't fail Objective 1 trying to achieve Objective 2! :(

lol, trash talking is fun, but I'm superstitious and try and steer clear of it :P

Regardless, Timmy and I win because we're in "a 4k shitter" :(

Ya f**ked anyway, six tyres means we can use the throttle a bit more instead of the wheel :P

Hey we get 6 tyres too - you just get to use yours a day earlier. My issue in life is I have 2 sets of rims but they are different sizes and GT-R's don't deal well with split rim sizes front to rear. So I can see me just using 4 tyres regardless next year. LOL

And I can't believe you've started with the excuses already! :(

Really Benny?? You would give up every other event during the year to do Targa Tas???

Amazing event and I would love to be able to do it, but just driving competitively once a year, even if its a 5 day event......I just couldn't do it.

Great to hear you are entered again though, imagine how fast you can go now you are another year older and wiser (?) :(

pretty sure i said shitbox, not shitter :(

I understand your choice....but I go the other way...for me I just can't give up everything else a skyline can do OK in for a single event, no matter how much fun it is. Also....I really enjoy the close competition of racing while targa is a little less "immediate" competition

Thanks dunc, just emailed the boys to shit stir re Bulldogs and ask about wheels.

I meant I'd gladly sacrifice every other Tarmac rally to do this one, unfortunatley I haven't worked out how to safely smuggle in kilos of cocaine up my butt to pay for all the rallies.

I'm happy to keep my eye in just doing circuit stuff like top gear racing etc, and would love to grab an Nc or Group A for some historic racing, but I like the "team" think about rallying, having Timmy beside me is a highlight for me, and makes it even more fun. :(