SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

Benson Motorsports have a two POV cameras (each with AASA approved roll cage mount lipstick camera) available for hire during Targa Tasmania this year for $175.00 (including GST) which is only $29 a day for access to a television quality product.

The doco team will be only too happy to extract your 'huge moments' off the memory card as they love the picture of the POV for use in the doco and party DVD.

Available for pick up from Launceston on Thursday prior to the event if you’re keen.

As to chicanes... I remember being one of the presenters at the stakeholder meeting held in CAMS National HQ board room when we rolled out the proposed use of chicanes many many years ago... I vividly remember that not one person in the room said they wanted them, simply if it was a requirement going forward and if the choice was Targa or no Targa at some stage in the future then all would support the event's move to use chicanes... funny how times change and some now people want them again!... 911 Turbos were pretty quick back in the day with big turbos, huge intercoolers, carbon doors, plastic windows..... :(

Benson Motorsports have a two POV cameras (each with AASA approved roll cage mount lipstick camera) available for hire during Targa Tasmania this year for $175.00 (including GST) which is only $29 a day for access to a television quality product.

The doco team will be only too happy to extract your 'huge moments' off the memory card as they love the picture of the POV for use in the doco and party DVD.

Available for pick up from Launceston on Thursday prior to the event if you’re keen.

As to chicanes... I remember being one of the presenters at the stakeholder meeting held in CAMS National HQ board room when we rolled out the proposed use of chicanes many many years ago... I vividly remember that not one person in the room said they wanted them, simply if it was a requirement going forward and if the choice was Targa or no Targa at some stage in the future then all would support the event's move to use chicanes... funny how times change and some now people want them again!... 911 Turbos were pretty quick back in the day with big turbos, huge intercoolers, carbon doors, plastic windows..... :(

do you know what happened to the Beninca's and their Alfa? http://autospeed.com/cms/A_0717/article.html And Parsens and his sideways TR7? should try and entice them back for the 20th

No sure about the Beninca Alfa... might still be in back of their shed behind an RX-7! It looked heaps better blue back in the day I reckon.

When I was Targa NZ I talked to Mark Parsons, he'd love to come back, but budget his the problem with other committments at the moment. Loves the event and really wants to come back at some stage soon though... massive skids done with such confidence hey... it sounded awesome too hey!

lol have you ever driver a car with r32/r33 n1 turbo's, they are laggy rubbish

any footage of some skids jess?

I should have another vid shortly...no skids maybe a few launchs instead!!

Hey yourself big boy... I must say what a travesty it will be not having Benny the Woo at Targa this year... the spa parties just won’t be the same without you gorgeous man XOXO

Yeah hey!... HEY!

Hey yourself big boy... I must say what a travesty it will be not having Benny the Woo at Targa this year... the spa parties just won’t be the same without you gorgeous man XOXO

Since I've discovered Tenga Eggs, I seldom need to leave the house! I'm just a satisfied lighting some scented candles in my room and playing some Enya as I am blasting across the top of Mt Arrowsmith :(

You should come visit ya big hunka spunk

I was told last night that the organisers of the Classic Adelaide have gone bust, any know if this is true? If it is, what are the chances of Ocatgon taking it over?

Can confirm Classic Adelaide's demise is true Ben. Certainly a blow to the tarmac calendar with this staple gone. I understand there are various groups attempting to gain control of the name and keep it going... no firm news yet though.

Octagon's interest?.... feels like only a few weeks back that we announced Targa High Country, wouldn't mind just a couple of quiet months! :D

ok that's twice now. what I really want to know is how exactly did you come across them :D

haha. I assume you're refering to me? A mate visited Japan, spotted them on tele, and just had to bring back a dozen or two :laugh:

Giant (Russell) is their biggest fan, he says they come in particularly "handy" when driving Brisbane to Darwin.

Can confirm Classic Adelaide's demise is true Ben. Certainly a blow to the tarmac calendar with this staple gone. I understand there are various groups attempting to gain control of the name and keep it going... no firm news yet though.

Octagon's interest?.... feels like only a few weeks back that we announced Targa High Country, wouldn't mind just a couple of quiet months! :cool:

oh why not, it would fit in with the aasa championship well :)

Thats a big shame about Classic Adelaide. Hopefully someone else picks up an event there in the future.

I finally got my MCA shocks in the car a good 6 months after ordering them! It will be quite a few weeks before I have the time to test them out propperly but the initial impression from the drive from the workshop to home is good. So hopefully over the next 7 months I can spend sometime to get them right and fix all these pesky niggles and be right for a decent crack come Nov.

But apparently there is another event on in a couple of weeks and there is very little chatter going on here this year. What's the scoop?

Haha - possibly. :D

But I tell you, picking my car up on Sat was the first real time I've started to feel the hurt of not being able to go. It was the first time I've seen my car since TWP let alone sat in it and driven it and as I was driving home I started to try and work out all the different possible ways I could make it.

But there were none. So I went home and drilled some holes in the car to make me feel better. :P

Well i'm crewing for dad.

YT is my pick for the win in Modern, as long as the car lasts. I reacon Richards will be right back up there in the GT3 RS.

Now that mullet racing isn't in Early Modern, Beable shoud have a very good show of winning.