SAU Community

Hks Turbo And Bov

CTM508

After I changed HKS 2535 turbo on my AUTO R33, my idling down under 300rpm when I release pad~

It likes to turn off the engine

andthen it returns to 750rpm~

I feel that is aftermarket BOV (adjust) problem

Can stock BOV handle my new turbo or not?

Or any suggestion or experienced to share?

Thank all!

After I changed HKS 2535 turbo on my AUTO R33, my idling down under 300rpm when I release pad~

It likes to turn off the engine

andthen it returns to 750rpm~

I feel that is aftermarket BOV (adjust) problem

Can stock BOV handle my new turbo or not?

Or any suggestion or experienced to share?

Thank all!

me thinks not could leak a little as mine did but i fixed it with a block of plate...atmospheric bov and automatics dont mix .get a larger full plumback bov that will fix the prob...think turbo smart make em

yer probs tighter.i was told once that a standard gtr bov is a fair bit better and is a straight bolt on to gtst... i just blocked mine of cause i was soo sick of the stalling ..it never stalled at high speed only like rolling but it robbed a f**k load of power

ive read alot about idle problems with aftermarket bovs, apparently having an aftermarket ecu can solve the idle issues, do you have one or is it just standard comp?

i have aftermarket bov.. and i got the stalling probs after i installed a pfc.. if its atmo then its cause ur air is reading wrong when ur revs drop.. start the car and let idle for a few mins and then adjust the throttle up a little 850 - 950 rpm and prob solved.. hopefully.. that was my prob anyhow..

+1 with Dan.

I'm running a standard bov on my turbo setup and idles correctly with PFC, holds boost at 15psi no problems at all and everything runs like a dream all day every day with 250rwkw.

I would suspect a massive air(boost) leak in your system somewhere. i.e. bov stuck open, intercooler pipe blown off, etc...

if its atmo then its cause ur air is reading wrong when ur revs drop.. start the car and let idle for a few mins and then adjust the throttle up a little 850 - 950 rpm and prob solved.. hopefully.. that was my prob anyhow..

I did this and it works.