SAU Community

Getting License Back After Suspension

Norrissimo

i got done for 25 over (automatic 1 month suspension).

i have just one question. after i send my license in, what do i do to get it back after serving the suspension? do they return it or do i apply to get it back?

i'm assume they will send me something telling me what to do but it'd be good to hear from other who have gone through it as well.

cheers

lol they dont trust you to not drive. To me it doesnt make a difference if you keep it or not (even though you have to hand it in) because if you show your license and they run it through it will say its suspended. Even if they ruin your rego plates through it will say the owner of the vehicle has his license suspended.

But yea 3 months and 23 days left for me unfortunately :glare:

they say you should hand it in, but if you need it for ID or whatever you could just tell them you lost it, or that you did infact hand it in. They seem to be pretty poorly organised down at vicroads.

Anyway when i lost mine (lol recurring theme here)... i rocked up on the day i was due to get it back (at 9am of course) and just asked for it and they gave me another one with new photo etc... didn't realise about posting :S

for all the many times i have lost mine, i have NEVER handed my licence in, i paid for it there for i keep it..

for a pissy one month suspension, just keep ur licence card, but if its a 12month thing like most of us lol, then a updated photo, will be nessasary, and also depending expirary on the card itself..

as for vic roads, i dont think there is enough room on this page and enough swear words i can say about them and also how organised they are..

i am currently serving 10month suspension for something i did in '05, cbf getting started cause im feeling rather relaxed tonight..

I got a letter sayign to send mine in (i did 6 months about 6 years ago), didn't bother, didn't have any trouble either. I don't recall seeing anything about a fine for not sending it in.

I lost mine.... for 6 months, i searched high and low, then last friday i found it.... behind the fridge! :sick:

Anwoo....They are supposed to send you a letter telling you you can have your license back. And yeah your 'supposed' to hand your license into them.

Of course being a a goverment department, it's run by muppets.

Best bet is to keep you license...put it in a drawer, DON'T DRIVE, then when your time is up go to Vicroads and get the OK.

I also got done for 3months when I received a letter saying where's your license after the intial one I just said I had posted it in and it must have got lost of stolen in the mail..now if u use it to drive and are stupid enough to gte caught expect a 500bucks fine plus extras :blink: but if you just wanna keep it for ID just say something simlar to what i did and when you are due to get your license back they will notify you to come down and pose for a new photos and license...I now have 3 licenses as I never handed back in my L's, or my p's and now have my full lol...good for nights out when your sure your gonna lose something lol..

Edited by zorb_rules

i start my 4 month suspension this fri... :( simply lost too many points over the year, on my P's... annoying thing was i've never got done for anything in my skyline, just other ppls old crappy cars!!

weird how all these people on a performance car forum have lost their license @ 1 time or another :)

agreed.

im sure on the Toyota echo forums that there isnt many of these threads.

Takes a lot of self control to not speed when tilting your right foot a few degrees down unleashes so much power.

So what did everyone do wrong to get their license suspended?

For 10 months that must've been pretty major yeah?

Lol i did something pretty stupid at 4am and didnt think ide get caught, and yea here i am lol