SAU Community

Gtr-700

Tomek

Was curious on knowing what the plans for this car are..

Last I heard the owner was overseas, with hopes of getting straight back into it on arrival. This was a good year ago. Saw the car recently at a certain workshop (won't name) and was told the same thing.

http://www.exvitermini.com/ has been crashed for quite some time now.

Any one got some goss :P

In a sport compact press release croydon racing developments said that gtr700 will return for jamboree to reclaim the australian gtr record

How complete did the car look?

Edited by jas/slo32

In a sport compact press release croydon racing developments said that gtr700 will return for jamboree to reclaim the australian gtr record

How complete did the car look?

its complete...Mario will be returning soon...car wont be running at Jambo

• 1 month later...

Any more on this?

And on the topic of CRD cars, I saw a pic recently of CRD's "RH9" R34 GTR with what looked like GTR700's old rims and possibly tyres on a drag strip - so this car has actually hit the strip. Does anyone know what times it has run? Has it actually earnt the RH9 title?

I know all about that: 13.7@122MPH is my best ET/MPH :(

So...when is GTR-700 making its long-awaited return to the track?

Bogged hard, huh? 122mph is low 11/high 10 territory.

it hasnt run a 9 yet, but definitely has the MPH and power to run well into the nines.

Anyone know what power its made and what the MPH was?

Was it run at full weight and in full street trim?

Anyone know of a full weight 34 running quicker than 9.7?

Thanks Rob

Anyone know what power its made and what the MPH was?

Was it run at full weight and in full street trim?

Anyone know of a full weight 34 running quicker than 9.7?

Thanks Rob

RH9 will be hitting the strip again soon....its full weight Rob and will smash that time you are so proud of. :banana: (sh1t stir to be taken in jest)

Its now under the guidance of a new workshop....it will fulfil its so far untapped potential.

Twoogle will be back very soon to....8's are the target...the fastest genuine road registered GTR in Aust.

Great, and best of luck to him but what MPH has it run so far?

And surely you arn't calling it RH9 if it hasn't even done a 9??? (an equally harmless windup)

Rob

Hehe...i constantly give John (the owner who called the car RH9) a dig at the fact my car has run more 9 sec passes than his car has run 10's...hehe

I think he should have waited till the car had ran the times before putting the RH9 number plates on it...as he cops a lot of sh1t over it.

He runs it on slicks too....which is against RH9 regs....i think he should switch to street rubber and earn the RH9 tag first.

Might be coming over the ditch soon Rob....will call in if i do.

Last I heard about the topic the RH9 plated 34 hasn't ran into the 9's yet..

Im sure DiRT could add to this

lol i remember when that muppet show was in Melb what, 4-5 years ago now?

All arrogant and being wankers basically to the Vic crew who just happened to be where for our drag day...

Was funny half way through the day when they had to come and ask SAU members for parts to borrow that they 'left behind'.

It has the RH9 plates on it way back then, semi-stripped interior and i think even the glass was replaced with plex...

Its still good to see so many years later still hasnt produced the goods.

Laughable at best.

lol i remember when that muppet show was in Melb what, 4-5 years ago now?

All arrogant and being wankers basically to the Vic crew who just happened to be where for our drag day...

Was funny half way through the day when they had to come and ask SAU members for parts to borrow that they 'left behind'.

It has the RH9 plates on it way back then, semi-stripped interior and i think even the glass was replaced with plex...

Its still good to see so many years later still hasnt produced the goods.

Laughable at best.

I know Mario (GTR700) upset some people but did John?

Not too sure, been a while and ive only got rough memories... there was a couple of heavier set kinda people doing the huffin and puffin all day

Few were more quiet and not doing much but watching it all go on

haha...that would have been Lance he huffs and puffs after walking up 3 stairs...lol