SAU Community

I'm Goin For A Drive *sunday 7th September*

Tarmac-

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been wanting to organise this for a while so finally pulling my finger out.

The date is Sunday the 7th of September

Ok, so Meeting at Old Parliament House in the morning so we can leave at 9:30

From there we'll head out to Uriarra Crossing, than down to the Cotter, than head south to the Corin Dam. From there, back onto Tidbinbilla Road, down through Tharwa and (my favourite bit) up to the old tracking station at the end of Apollo Road. Finally finish up at Point Hut Crossing.

Here's a map: http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&am...615234&z=11

If anyone's interested, we can organise a BBQ or just drinks to put some more cash towards the banner. Or we can go to have lunch somewhere.

We'll be stopping at at least four places so there'll be planty of opportunities to take photos.

If anyone hasn't been out that way before, I've done this route lots of times on motorbikes and a few times with a car and it is lots of fun so if you're borred of driving from one traffic light to another I guarantee you'll enjoy this. The roads are good and if we go in the morning, traffic is usually minimal.

Cheers

Tarmac-

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7th would be better cos there's that motorkhana on the 24th... seems to suit most ppl anyway..

I'd love to come but it's a bit too early for me lol, I had enough trouble making 1pm (as everybody knows :ermm: )

It's looking more and more like the 7th.

So the list:

Tarmac-

Ex!$t3nZ

Bluprint

datto260Z

Gus-

CeJay

INVRTD

Frink

Come on Shel, stop being so soft, you know you want to come :thumbsup:

Ps: it doesn't matter what car you come in, even a Datto 260Z will be ok although I'm yet to be convinced that it exists :ermm: having said that, open wheelers should probly be left at home

Updated list - shaping up to be good, as the big man would say himself "im excited"

1. Tarmac-

2. Ex!$t3nZ

3. Bluprint

4. datto260Z

5. Gus-

6. CeJay

7. INVRTD

8. Frink

9. Sky33t

10. zcr