SAU Community

Rb25/30 Neo

drgnball34

so this cars actually engineered/mod permitted?

coz a yellow sticker would turn out absolutely expensive for you?

is top racing doing the tuning inhouse?

ps. do you know how much the clutch set you back?

seems to be recommended by alot of workshops here in WA

Edited by R32 Driver

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they did one in a vl before but using a r33 head. Its more of a drag car and pretty serious stuff. I think after doing my car them boys could do another with their eyes closed and upside down. And any doubts they had they made sure to take the extra precautions to ensure max reliability.

Edited by drgnball34

theres problems gettin the engine stared. Its only running on 2 cylinders. They pin pointed it dwn to a possible faulty hks ignition amplifer?? Even thou its brand new! And apparently its not the 1st unit they encountered with the same prob. So they goin 2 plug up the orignial harness n see. Has any1 heard of the same thing happing and could there also be another factor?

That's a very weird problem to have... my 2630 started first turn, was a little rattly for the first 5 seconds, then came to life like normal.

I HIGHLY doubt your HKS Twin Power is faulty unless you guys did a splice/dice wiring job - you just got the plug-in loom right?

My mates HKS ignitor failed pretty quickly on his SR, not when it was brand new though.

So you never know, could be a faulty ignitor.

Keep us updated, very interested to see how she goes.

Edited by PM-R33

brand new spitfires/plugs. Im sure they would of checked them 1st. I think it would b a process of elimination with the obvious first. U would think paying top dollar for brand name parts known the dam stuff bloody works to start of with

I'd have thought that they'd at least have made sure it fired up properly before calling you down for an inspection... but I know your pain after such a long time, I wasn't there when the car was first started up - but I had it streamed realtime onto the internet so I could watch at work :D

Thanking my lucky stars it all went as planned...

• 2 weeks later...

yep she's all fired up and running. Still very curious as to why its not starting with the hks amplifer thou. Something to look into down the track as its not needed now. Engine is very loud and cams are lumpy indeed which surprised everyone. Idle is just pure sex. Too paranoid to drive much as absolute cop magnent. Run in tune makes .8 bar at rev limit of 4k rpm. Not as laggy as expected. It is so drivable with the extra torque and clutch is so smooth. Would never know its rated 1000hp.

theres at least another 6wk waiting peroid for the haltech plug and plug to be released. Dont know weather i should just piggy back the standard ecu or go for another ecu all together. The tuner recommened the ems?

63k build and you were comtemplating an EMS... crazy. Nice build though, big fan of the NEO heads.

Edited by URAS