SAU Community

Mitsubishi Evo Gt (09-wagon)

Stage Name

Don't get me wrong, I love my Stagea, but there are limited comparable cars around, like I have only seen legnums and caldinas around and thats it. Not to mention forester GTs I suppose, but I dont rate them.

Has anyone driven one of the Mitsubishi's wagons?? They are more expensive than an autech 260 it seems, would they be worth the coin$$$?

How do you reckon they would compare (260 vs EVO)?

Examples of the EVOs:

http://www.j-spec.com.au/list/index.php?ID=13235

http://www.j-spec.com.au/list/index.php?ID=13234

well, for a start they don't een appear on the SEVS register, let alone have a compliancer in this country.

My opinion, going purely on paper numbers and the look?

*FAPPETY FAPPETY FAPPETY FAPPETY*

Hmmm, I do really like the black one, I like it a lot. I just couldnt justify spending almost $40K on a mitsubishi!! I could get an awesome autech stagea and do it up for that price.....

Yeah, they looking for interest before they apply for SEVS, it should get approval you'd think.

Yeah not entirely convinced... its an evo after all so really doesn't compair to a stagea size wise. It is more of a comparison to a WRX wagon i recon. Still im not a massive fan of the styling really the back lights done anything for me at all, just my 2c

saw one in a youtube clip used as a camera car following new gtr and some other go fast car around jap track.........shit they go.

yeh i just had a flick through both of those, can't really say im a fan myself. but i would agree that it would be more suitably compared against against a wrx wagon...

Hmm, I was sure there was someone on here who had driven one, I read about it once but I can remember where. Seeing as though it isnt approved for SEVS it must be one of the guys who is from or has been in Japan.

I'm still struggling to justify the price anyway, just wondering how good it really is??

Hey bro,

They have had a Libero GT wagon in nz for a while now with the 4G93T and evo running gear.

My mate did a 4G63T conversion very easily and it hammered along.

I think the evo wagon is a bit bigger than a rex and is a good compromise for size against a stag.

It is a bit pricey but remember it is still a 2006 low km car.

They also have GT4 powered caldinas and legnums that are reasonably priced.

Check out trademe in nz (Kiwis build killer cars!) and all your regular importers, aus has to get them sooner or later.

Coming into some cash next year and I certainly will be rethinking.

I still got a soft spot for nissans though..

Edited by nismokid

looks like a big round bus. im thinking L300 on steroids. take the stag for style anyday. and the fact that it's still only a 4 cylinder would make me think how practicull it could be for long distance driving or lugging around decent size loads or 5 adults.