SAU Community

Anti Theft

The Bogan

G,day, Im looking for other ways to make my 33 more theft proof, yes i have a alarm but im after opinions on steering wheel locks like the crook lock or wheel locks like the ones the council uses.

As ive spent way to much money on a car that i use as a daily driver i get a bit worried when i leave it alone at big shopping centers or in the city.

If there is anyone out there who knows the best way to defeat the c*#$ks#ckers i would be most appreciated.

Ive already had 2 cars and 1 motor bike stolen and the other day i caught a $ucker testing my door as i was walking up to my car, he then got very upset when i said that he should not do it again, although i didnt really say it as such as i was punchng him in the back of his greasy drug soaked brain.

Thanks for your help, MLR

PS KILL THIEVES

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G,day, Im looking for other ways to make my 33 more theft proof, yes i have a alarm but im after opinions on steering wheel locks like the crook lock or wheel locks like the ones the council uses.

As ive spent way to much money on a car that i use as a daily driver i get a bit worried when i leave it alone at big shopping centers or in the city.

If there is anyone out there who knows the best way to defeat the c*#$ks#ckers i would be most appreciated.

Ive already had 2 cars and 1 motor bike stolen and the other day i caught a $ucker testing my door as i was walking up to my car, he then got very upset when i said that he should not do it again, although i didnt really say it as such as i was punchng him in the back of his greasy drug soaked brain.

Thanks for your help, MLRPS KILL THIEVES

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812/11/fl...ar/240x180.html

should be on all cars. anybody tampers with it boom there goooone :google:

hahah thats abit extreme incase your car is parked next to your house and someone sets it off and burns you alive while your asleep, or if you simply just forget to unlock the car before you try opening it.... i was thinking more on the lines of an electric shock that sends the car thief into cardiac arrest.... no evidence your car did it...

i just got an awesome rhino alarm/immobiliser with built in turbo timerand always use my trusty club lock that my dad gave to me, which he bought in the 80's, the really sollid heavy one not the cheap flimsy one they sell now... also the club lock is better than leaving a baseball bat under the passenger seat, when we get pulled over for a defect the cops will most probably see a baseball bat and become very suspicious.... if you have the club lock key on your key ring the cops cant do shit because you have a legit reason for the club lock.... to lock your wheel... i use it legit but don't give me road rage lol

having said this if a pro really wants the car, nothing will stop him but most of the time its just punks that smash a window and hotwire so the club and an immobiliser will stop most thieves.

oh and when you catch a thief, beat the shit out of him for me, if it wasnt for them i wouldnt have to pay 1000's of dollars a year on insurance and on allarm systems

move into a better suburb and the riff raff won't follow

across the road from me, a guy parks his 2008 CLS350 merc ON THE STREET every day and it doesn't even have a scratch..

Not at all helpfull waz, only rely to my post if you have something usefull to say, or if it involves burning thieves, FUNNY I LIKE, USELESS POSTS ARE JUST THAT.

MLR

hey do you guys know about that new google maps thing where you can look at almost every house in australia, its also on google earth at street scape..... anyway i thinks its good but now if sombody is searching for a skyline to steal there is a pic of mine infront of my house, they dont even have to drive around anymore so the "riff raff" can see everything...

most of you know who I am so I can play thief for a sec:

If I see a car I like I'll note the car, wait a few days call a mate of mine with a flatbed and then go get it. failing that I'll go get it myself. alarms wont slow me down. half of them are halfarsed anyway and will only take me a few minutes to get through. tracking alarm may get me if I dont find the module first. (I have 30 sec usually to find them before they start calling out.)

if you have an immobiliser only then you made my job a LOT easier. they make no noise so I can pop the window out and pop the lock, hop in pull the column shroud and wire the ignition back together and drive off.

now if you do teh old fuel line lock or brake line locks then there is a good chance the car will still be sitting there when you get back - I may get a bit pissed off and smash the crap out of it or torch it but it will still be there.

------

if you are that worried about this car - sell it and buy a shitbox for daily duties. what I have outlined there was a pro thief,smart joyrider and a dumbshit that steals shit off cars. trust me I can be all 3..

those that know me well know that the car they drive won't go anywhere in a hurry and if someone does get in they will go deaf trying.

18 yrs ago I wired a electric fence controller to my car and that worked well. it also got me in a LOT of trouble with the cops. food for thought.

18 yrs ago I wired a electric fence controller to my car and that worked well. it also got me in a LOT of trouble with the cops. food for thought.

LMAO thats awesome. But agree with what you said. Alarms and all the works will stop young first timers, the pros who unfortunaytly know what they are doing will get it, not matter what you do. You just need to hope for the best.

Moving to a better area is a good tip, another one is to park it in a decent car park. I park mine at Macarthur station all the time and havent had anything happen to it, if i was to park it at Campbelltown station (a whole 5min) drive away, i would almost bet that something would happen.

My 2cents

Forgot to mention, club locks take 2minutes to get through if you have a decent set of tools, and generally they do.

Edited by -FIGJAM-

yeh to this day my excel (daily crapper) has the steering wheel bent/worped to the craphouse cause

the theives ripped the club lock straight off.AND yes it was 1 of the old heavy chunkers.The weight of it probly assisted them in bending the steering wheel.

Find things in the engine bay you can unplug/disconnect/take with you so they can't start the car.

throw in a switch for your fuel pump.

Best option is to buy a crap box car to run around in.

well its agreed, if someone is going to steal your car you have no choice in the matter..... best to hope for is the hurdles you put in the car may buy you some time for somebody to hopefully scare the guy off (very unlikely), and if it doesnt get started they will trash your car anyway..... who wins????? not us

but insurance companies and the thieves win so atleast somebody wins..............i guess?

Ive already got an alarm installed in my skyline..

However i dont have this "screamer" in the cab. How much roughly are we looking at to get one of these installed?

Any brands in particular? and would they adapt to my alarm i have in my car already? As the alarm that has been installed was done under a year ago... so i dont particulary want to turf it out just yet...

Hi MLR,

I have made a wheel clamp for my trailer, so it couldn't be towed, If you want, I will make a drawing so it will be handy for anyone else who's thinking for the "ultimate" stopper........except for tray trucks of course!

cheers

John C.

most of you know who I am so I can play thief for a sec:

If I see a car I like I'll note the car, wait a few days call a mate of mine with a flatbed and then go get it. failing that I'll go get it myself. alarms wont slow me down. half of them are halfarsed anyway and will only take me a few minutes to get through. tracking alarm may get me if I dont find the module first. (I have 30 sec usually to find them before they start calling out.)

if you have an immobiliser only then you made my job a LOT easier. they make no noise so I can pop the window out and pop the lock, hop in pull the column shroud and wire the ignition back together and drive off.

now if you do teh old fuel line lock or brake line locks then there is a good chance the car will still be sitting there when you get back - I may get a bit pissed off and smash the crap out of it or torch it but it will still be there.

------

if you are that worried about this car - sell it and buy a shitbox for daily duties. what I have outlined there was a pro thief,smart joyrider and a dumbshit that steals shit off cars. trust me I can be all 3..

those that know me well know that the car they drive won't go anywhere in a hurry and if someone does get in they will go deaf trying.

lol...

I couldn't have said it better myself Chris.

hmmm about the quick release steering wheel...

it wouldnt really help much, because all a theif needs is another steeringwheel with the

connection on it to just plug in and drive away right?

so, wouldnt a club lock be better? lol

i wish they made steering wheels with an electric centre, so when a thief tries to cut your steering wheel

to get your club lock off, they get a nastly big zap- thats an idea n a half... :(