SAU Community

Skyline = Hoon

.:: GimpS-R34 ::.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radio and TV actually have very little power to influence peoples attitudes, sure they can set the public agenda but changing attitudes requires massive amounts of effort.

I love the 'brainwashed masses' argument always leveled at the media. If everyone is brainwashed why aren't you, why is everyone else somehow dumber and more suceptable to media effects then you or every other high horse person who says that? Stop giving the media so much power ffs we are all intelligent beings capable of discerning what we see on shows like TT/ACA!

if Skylines are the pin up car for hoons, who cares... it might increase the amount of people in the market for them. After all in the media it doesn't matter what they say as long as the spell your name right.

if you really think the media has 'little influence' on the masses, then you are one of the brainwashed 'woolies' out there. also, if you believe that 'we' [society] can 'all' rationally shift the truth from media beat-ups, then you probably believe in the tooth fairy.

auction haha na you wont see my car there.. cops are to impressed with my sliding to book me.. true storey got let of the other day for doing about a 400 m drift infront of a cop.. cop was so impressed he let me off... :D

cheers to the beenleigh cop who let me off your a legend... your partner didnt look to impressed with you..

you've gotto love beenleigh north and south exit's round-a-bouts

Numbnut!!.

rolzy32 sounds like one of those commodore drivers i love.

You need a VN mate then u and all your bogan mates can go rip hectic skids out the front of maccas at 1 in the morning to impress the chicy babes!

if you really think the media has 'little influence' on the masses, then you are one of the brainwashed 'woolies' out there. also, if you believe that 'we' [society] can 'all' rationally shift the truth from media beat-ups, then you probably believe in the tooth fairy.

I'm not even going to bite at that, if your interested to find how your wrong I'll happily direct you to a pile of books and research data.

Sometimes the stereotype gets to me, sometimes I find it funny, mostly I find it highlights the people who don't form their own opinions.

I might have been lucky but only 1 ticket in 30 months of this Skyline ownership (for 72 in 60 zone) and I've gotten a touch of oversteer here and there most days.

If you don't drive with at least a bit of spirit in you sometimes then you believe the hype as much as the next person - just don't do it in the wrong places, and all in moderation.

Just check out how the police drive 90% sensible 10% skids/burnouts, let them lead by example.

As for today-tonight don't worry it won't be on too much longer.

One last topic - Australians generally drive too cautiously and without consideration to others or the conditions. Try to do better than this pretty please.

Edited by simpletool

actually on my way home last night.. was driving along the m1 and saw 2 police on motorbikes and around 20 or so imports/commodores and the police pulled over a toyota yaris and some van thing

i was so happy they were actually focusing on cars doing the wrong thing instead of pulling over the imports for no reason.. even though they were doing like 30 in a 110 zone.. but at least they didnt get pulled over :huh:

or maybe they just couldnt see in the dark :D

its funny how we are labeled the "hoons" cause we drive imports.. yet around 9 times outta 10 we get pulled over when we arent actually hooning..

well the excuse i got when i got pulled over was my suspension looked rocky :D

Edited by drift barbie