SAU Community

Stupid Self Locking Of Doors

sturb25

I had a bit of a drama the other day. Was working on my stagea and i left my keys in the boot and closed it. I went to grab a beer from the fridge and came back and my doors have locked. Does anyone know how to disable this feature as its nearly caught me out a few times and it pisses me off.

Do you have an aftermarket alarm system installed??

Never seen self locking doors from the factory??? :P

doesnt have an alarm. But it has genuine nissan keyless entry on the key. It only locks after about a minute or minute and a half. I assume its something to do with the central locking system because it wont lock the doors with the key in the ignition. Its strange can anyone shed some light?

mine doesn't lock itself once you've been in the car. but if i unlock the car with the factory keyless entry and don't open any of the doors, after about a minute it locks itself again. maybe there is a fault with your central locking unit?

mine doesn't lock itself once you've been in the car. but if i unlock the car with the factory keyless entry and don't open any of the doors, after about a minute it locks itself again. maybe there is a fault with your central locking unit?

Second that; it's a genuine factory feature alright. If I unlock the car with the remote on the key, it will re-lock itself after about a minute *only if* I don't open any doors. Once I've opened a door, that's all I have to do - it doesn't matter if I shut it again, etc. it won't auto-lock until I lock, unlock with the remote again.

I have never tried with the boot... since the boot doesn't trigger the interior (passenger compartment) light though I suspect that it will still re-lock... maybe remember to open one of the doors (only have to open-shut to cancel the auto-lock feature).

i thought something like this happened to me last night, i unlocked the car with the factory button on the key, then chatted to someone, went to open the car n it was locked again....so i just went outside to test it quickly, and in less than a minute after unlocking, it locked itself again....i think its a pretty handy feature to be honest...didnt check the open/shut cancel though its too fkn cold outside haha

mine doesn't lock itself once you've been in the car. but if i unlock the car with the factory keyless entry and don't open any of the doors, after about a minute it locks itself again.

bingo

its the feature thats been specified when ordering the stagea

mines got it, almost caught me out a few years ago, but you quickly learn to put keys in pocket :D

dont disable, good safety feature imo

yeah., ours does that- and I would agree with keeping it

why not just roll a window down 1/2 way if your working on the car? then if it DOES lock your ok .

though having said that - ours will only self lock if you unlock the car via the remote - dont open any doors - then it re-arms itself after that. Perhaps you have a faulty door switch

Yup thats true. Im a locksmith and ive seen many makes and models that do this. Its true that when the car is unlocked with the remote it will give you sufficient time to open the vehicle by any of the pedestrian doors, if this is not done as a security feature it will lock the doors again. the hatch/boot is not counted cos i dont know about anyone else but i dont enter my stagea through the hatch :) simple fix is to when you unlock the car open one of the doors (even if you dont need to) and this will prevent a nasty situation of having your keys locked in the boot

Yup thats true. Im a locksmith and ive seen many makes and models that do this. Its true that when the car is unlocked with the remote it will give you sufficient time to open the vehicle by any of the pedestrian doors, if this is not done as a security feature it will lock the doors again. the hatch/boot is not counted cos i dont know about anyone else but i dont enter my stagea through the hatch :) simple fix is to when you unlock the car open one of the doors (even if you dont need to) and this will prevent a nasty situation of having your keys locked in the boot

Thanks brad. U live in launceston yeah? I used to live there up until 3 years ago. We should catch up at the end of the year and compare stags when im down. Do u know a stuart w from launy?

Thanks brad. U live in launceston yeah? I used to live there up until 3 years ago. We should catch up at the end of the year and compare stags when im down. Do u know a stuart w from launy?

Yeah sounds good. yeah pretty good mates with him. what was your name?

Yeah sounds good. yeah pretty good mates with him. what was your name?

Ive heard stu talking about you a fair bit. He did alot of work for me on my vl. Rb25 conversion, he wired in my haltech and rebuilt my engine 4 me and got it all going. Good bloke!!!! My name is Stuart to. Anyway tell us about ur stagea? Mines only standard yet ba a pod fliter. Should have a few more basic mods by the end of year, new tein gt wagon adjustable coilovers, front mount, front pipe and high flow cat. Cant wait to get a good ecu and wind the boost up, pretty slugish standard.

• 2 weeks later...

I had my stagea lock on me the other night. Keys were in the car, engine was running, sounds were on... I had just jumped out because the windscreen rubber had come off. Lucky my phone was my pocket or I woulda been screwed!