SAU Community

Bicycle Thread

Mr Eps

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then changed, derailleur, cassette (again, 11-21t dura-ace this time)....

duraceclose.jpg

may i ask why the hell you put a road bike derailleur and cassette on a dirt bike? if you say to save weight i am going to slap you, as there are much better things to spend money on to save weight (things that cost less and will save you more weight)

anywho, here is what my next bike is going to be. hopefully have it by xmas. my mtb is ok for when i got for a ride with cherie, but when i go out for a hardcore sprint around town like i did on saturday arvo it isn't that good. just not quite as comfortable for high speed riding. i just have to sell a bit of stuff to get it.

dsc00245hc4.jpg

well its not a mountain/road bike but ill let u all know bout my old sk8park bike!!

its a 2006 DK Cleveland

looks like this

post-53838-1220272159_thumb.jpg

but it looks a lil diff now...

bought it for $700 new

its now got a Hazard light rear rim- $200

tuffneck 3 piece crank- $250

primo rod seat post- $50

primo pedals- $80

DH pig pro bearing set- $75

Dual brake line setup (rear only) whole thing cost around $200-$250

blah

blah

blah

cant b bothered writing it all atm cause i forget. i think im close with most prices...

ill post some pics of my bike up tomorrow!

its for sale too... put a fair bit of money into it back in the day. most top range parts.

looking around $550 for it. perfect for skate park or dirt jumps :(

forgot to take a pic today. been tryin to get the stickers off and make it look good to sell :D

Stagea girl- to my knowledge, mongoose arent really worth much these days unless they're brand new and the higher models. wat is your son planning to use it for? if its for him to just ride around the area or to school then it wouldnt matter if it was old. all you would need to do is spray it(only if needed) and buy some cheap parts. but for a more stressful (on the bike) application such as bmx racing, skateparks or dirt jumps, i would recommend a newer stronger frame otherwise u will just be up for more money wen he starts breaking things :D

think of it as a car. inferior parts= constant replacing, superior parts(unfortunatley more $$$)= stronger and long lasting.

i had my pushbike for a few years and gave it hell. daily use on skateparks with stacks onto concrete from decent heights, landing wrong where ive broke bones instead of parts on the bike, hit trees dirt jumping etc etc... and its still in near perfect condition! because i forked out on the higher quality, i havent needed to replace anything since i upgraded the different parts.

well im ranting on...

Edited by auss13

mongoose aren't worth shit unless they are the ones from the 80's. and if it is a few years old it wouldn't be worth much even if it was a high end model. bikes have changed so much over the past few years, and gotten cheaper. what you used to pay $1000 for about 5 years back you can now get for about half that.

I have an old mongoose frame, was going fix it up for my son, but the bike shop said it wasn't worth it.

Anyone know about mongoose?? They worth anything these days?

If its a Supergoose I'll buy it off you. :D

ok well after looking at the pics, i can tell you that you will be lucky to get $300 for it. sure it might have an odyssey rim on it, and sealed bearing cranks but that is about all that's good. the actual crank arms aren't that good, just the bearings. for $550 you can pretty much buy a 2008 model cleveland, and it is better spec'd. but if you can get $550 for it then well done.