SAU Community

V Series Gallery

20x10 + 25, 255/35/20. With the 25mm spacers on the back it was a perfect stance IMO, i might even give it another go on the weekend once the springs have settled. I'm going to get an allignment today too.

Damn that's good, i might go ahead with it hey considering my car is stock exterior apart from springs and wheels. I do a pretty good job staying away from police too lol.

Hi Seano,

What do you think of the eibach ride quality? are they similar to stock? and what was the drop?

cheers

Hi Seano,

What do you think of the eibach ride quality? are they similar to stock? and what was the drop?

cheers

Hey bud,

Mate i've noticed that they are a little bit stiffer than factory, but it's definitely not uncomfortable. I've also noticed, as someone said before, the Achiles ATR sport tyres are a little louder than other brands but it's definitely not annoying.

The drop was meant to be 1.1'' front and back, i reckon that's about right, it might even be more considering at stock height i had 245/40/18 tyres at the back and had HEAPS of wheel gap now i've got 255/35/20 at the back and i am going to need to roll them when i put the spacers back on.

I would recommend the springs for a nice drop if that's what your trying to acheive, although my front shockies are in bad shape.. i will most likely invest in coilovers in the next coming months.

would you suggest tein s-tech or the eibachs? I'm looking for a comfortable ride mate...both are similar in drop rate....

and are you still on the stock shocks?

cheers

Good question, i originally nearly pulled the trigger on the S-Techs as they are rated highly because Tein is backed pretty well. The only reason i didn't go for them is because 1.5'' drop all round i thought would be too much, then i stumbled across a picture of a guy in the states that has the same springs as me, with the same tyre specs and it sat just perfect so i went with the Eibach springs. Another reason is because the roads where i live aren't awesome so i thought 1.5'' drop would be a little too rough and i reckon if i did go for the S-Techs i'd be having bad scraping problems as i already have some issues now getting in driveways :/

Yes i am still on stock shockies haha :)

eibachs are also a progressive rate spring, meaning they are OEM under normal driving circumstances but once you start to lean on them they stiffen up and the further the spring comrpesses the higher the resistance (like most springs, but in this case, even more exponentially).

I had eibachs paired to Bilstien B8 shocks - I loved them. Made me wonder if I could ever go back to coilovers again.

Those are fantastic looking rims - any chance of a direct facing shot. ?Parallel shot looks like they are space out a little ?

Been awhile since i've posted pics of my car, also just put new rims on.

Rohana RC10's 20x11 +10 all round with 245/35/20 tyres

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

Andrew have you ever had police attention from that much poke? I got my Eibach springs fitted today & right side compression rod bush replaced & SPC rear camber kit fitted. Was also going to run 25mm spacers at the back and 20mm at the front.

Had to take the back spacers off as the poke was too much and i didn't like the idea of a defect. Anyway, i don't think i've ever posted pics of my car in here, so here it is.

First pic is the back with 25mm spacers on, can see the poke is too much but damn it looks sick.

533dzq.jpg

5xjq7b.jpg

14vo32h.jpg

nvnnd5.jpg

They are hot Seano- suit the car the heaps. Some nice wheels being posted- both yours and 30five look about as good as it gets !

Good question, i originally nearly pulled the trigger on the S-Techs as they are rated highly because Tein is backed pretty well. The only reason i didn't go for them is because 1.5'' drop all round i thought would be too much, then i stumbled across a picture of a guy in the states that has the same springs as me, with the same tyre specs and it sat just perfect so i went with the Eibach springs. Another reason is because the roads where i live aren't awesome so i thought 1.5'' drop would be a little too rough and i reckon if i did go for the S-Techs i'd be having bad scraping problems as i already have some issues now getting in driveways :/

Yes i am still on stock shockies haha :)

eibachs are also a progressive rate spring, meaning they are OEM under normal driving circumstances but once you start to lean on them they stiffen up and the further the spring comrpesses the higher the resistance (like most springs, but in this case, even more exponentially).

I had eibachs paired to Bilstien B8 shocks - I loved them. Made me wonder if I could ever go back to coilovers again.

cheers guys, looks I might go for Eibachs too....although I'm on 19's not 20's so I think my gap would be bigger than yours Seano?

Yes your gap will be a bit bigger, therefore i would go for the Tein S-Techs if i was on 19s.

Indeed they do, if you haven't already, search "V35 Coupe Drivers" facebook page. 500+ Members most in the US/Canada/Hawaii good bunch of blokes and some sick cars.

Didn't really want to spend a f**kload on wheels so found these which i loved and was pretty much an impulse thing lol i

Rather spend that extra 2/2.5k towards my LS2 conversion than actual forged wheels. Dont get me wrong, I love DPE wheels

and would have bought some seeing as i could afford it but i'd rather do the smarter thing and spend the money where it was more needed.

Are these like Forge wheels rebranded? See u around the estate!

They are similar to Forge FC-10 wheels but aren't Forged 3 piece.

look like another american based supplier. http://rohanawheels.com/

Forge is one of many - don't know anything about them other than the guy with the bagged A4 Avant being a distributor.

There is also Forged, ForgedSpecialties, Forgestar, Forgeline.....it's all becoming much of a muchness. Just got to hope quality stays key. In this style though, you can't go past the original and the best - HRE, DPE.

Forged Specialities, for example, has had some very unhappy customers....

Anyway, back OT - any reason why you've gone for a square setup (11" fronts) - fitment seems a little extreme and unbalanced from the rear.....

They're a nice wheel though. Keep em off the gutters! ;-)

TBH I don't know really why i went 11's on the front lol i just like being crazy with fitment.

Front of the car has no weight, engine isnt in so normally i would be tucking some tyre. Previously had 19x9.5 -5 and 19x10.5 +12 under the fronts before. so why not go 11's :) lol

Those are fantastic looking rims - any chance of a direct facing shot. ?Parallel shot looks like they are space out a little ?

I will get better pics once i take the car to the workshop that has alot more space to take photos

Edited by 30Five

How bout i poke you in the ass Tony?

Just kidding. I've got spacers at home, no time to put them on. I need rear guards rolled when i do put them on, my mate can roll them for me it's just difficult because he's always busy but hopefully this weekend they'll go on.

• 2 weeks later...

its been a while since i have posted the stagline up in here so i thought id add a recent pic or two. Had it lowered 16mm all round, Thule roofracks and fairing (front deflector in thule speak) and a shinny new white bumper. Enjoy!

post-88192-0-07157800-1354370456_thumb.jpg

post-88192-0-93955400-1354370515_thumb.jpg

its been a while since i have posted the stagline up in here so i thought id add a recent pic or two. Had it lowered 16mm all round, Thule roofracks and fairing (front deflector in thule speak) and a shinny new white bumper. Enjoy!

post-88192-0-07157800-1354370456_thumb.jpg

post-88192-0-93955400-1354370515_thumb.jpg

I really like that Mark, it's VERY different! I saw a lot of the blokes in Stagea discussion dissing the "stance" scene and your car but who cares what people think at least it makes you happy. The headlights and front bumper look very strange, like a completely different car.

I say, well done