SAU Community

V Series Gallery

Once you lower more than an inch you start getting close to 2degree negative camber. Which means you start scrubbing tyres so that's something that alot of newbies don't realise when they start doing this. Camber kits only improve about 1/2 to 3/4 of a degree. Having owned a low R33 gtst - I never wanted the hassles with the V & I gotta say despite the 33 being alot lower than the V it never bottomed out (mostly the firmer springs less travel ). Even standard V touches slightly on some speed humps. Reason why I never lowered mine and probably never will - don't want to compromise the ride either. Might look a little better but I'le pass.

^^^ you are 100% correct - our cars underbody/exhaust hang stupidly low relative to the height of the bumpers and the eyebrow heights. Hence why I have gone from stock -> coilovers -> Eibach super lows and am now going to go back to Z33 springs.

Having it nice and low at the back does allow you to tuck stupidly wide offset wheels though :)

post-669-0-41185000-1352542479_thumb.jpg

Not sure tbh. Obviously in that pic the car is heavily jacked up at the front. I am running SPC rear camber arms and my mechanic set it all up for me. Drives like it is on rails! I can take roundabouts at 60km/h no problems and I track it out at Mallala with good success (only 4 seconds slower than some guys in R33GTRs). Yet it is comfortable enough to be my work car/daily - even with 265/35/18s on 18"x10 +12 rims on the back :)

Andrew have you ever had police attention from that much poke? I got my Eibach springs fitted today & right side compression rod bush replaced & SPC rear camber kit fitted. Was also going to run 25mm spacers at the back and 20mm at the front.

Had to take the back spacers off as the poke was too much and i didn't like the idea of a defect. Anyway, i don't think i've ever posted pics of my car in here, so here it is.

First pic is the back with 25mm spacers on, can see the poke is too much but damn it looks sick.

533dzq.jpg

5xjq7b.jpg

14vo32h.jpg

nvnnd5.jpg

Andrew have you ever had police attention from that much poke? I got my Eibach springs fitted today & right side compression rod bush replaced & SPC rear camber kit fitted. Was also going to run 25mm spacers at the back and 20mm at the front.

Had to take the back spacers off as the poke was too much and i didn't like the idea of a defect. Anyway, i don't think i've ever posted pics of my car in here, so here it is.

First pic is the back with 25mm spacers on, can see the poke is too much but damn it looks sick.

533dzq.jpg

5xjq7b.jpg

14vo32h.jpg

nvnnd5.jpg

Told you that you'd love them. They look friggen wicked! How's the tide feel?

Should have let the springs settle before removing the spacers. Would have been pretty spot on. What were the original specs for rears?

The mild drop looks good.

That's what my mate said that i did it with, i'm going to take it back to his garage next weekend and try the spacers on the back again. You mean as in the original tyres? They were stock standard, 245/40/18

Thanks Tony, i'm heaps happy with it man :)

Yeah I agree - it will be spot on with the spacers ... and no I have never been picked on by cops - despite my front and rear bars hanging near the ground, HID/angel eye headlights, tinted rear lights, loud exhaust ... really my car should be a cop magnet, but I have never had ANY attention (touch wood). They don't even look at V35s here - they are too busy on the prowl for R33/R34s - you get anally reamed driving within 10km of the city any Friday or Saturday night if you own any import other than an R35/V35 :D

whats the rear wheel specs - width and offset? looks pretty sunken in w/o the spacers. You have plenty of room there.

20x10 + 25, 255/35/20. With the 25mm spacers on the back it was a perfect stance IMO, i might even give it another go on the weekend once the springs have settled. I'm going to get an allignment today too.

Yeah I agree - it will be spot on with the spacers ... and no I have never been picked on by cops - despite my front and rear bars hanging near the ground, HID/angel eye headlights, tinted rear lights, loud exhaust ... really my car should be a cop magnet, but I have never had ANY attention (touch wood). They don't even look at V35s here - they are too busy on the prowl for R33/R34s - you get anally reamed driving within 10km of the city any Friday or Saturday night if you own any import other than an R35/V35 :D

Damn that's good, i might go ahead with it hey considering my car is stock exterior apart from springs and wheels. I do a pretty good job staying away from police too lol.

look like another american based supplier. http://rohanawheels.com/

Forge is one of many - don't know anything about them other than the guy with the bagged A4 Avant being a distributor.

There is also Forged, ForgedSpecialties, Forgestar, Forgeline.....it's all becoming much of a muchness. Just got to hope quality stays key. In this style though, you can't go past the original and the best - HRE, DPE.

Forged Specialities, for example, has had some very unhappy customers....

Anyway, back OT - any reason why you've gone for a square setup (11" fronts) - fitment seems a little extreme and unbalanced from the rear.....

They're a nice wheel though. Keep em off the gutters! ;-)

Edited by SMOKEYC34

Been awhile since i've posted pics of my car, also just put new rims on.

Rohana RC10's 20x11 +10 all round with 245/35/20 tyres

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

Nice concaveness specs!

That. Looks. Amazing.

Tell us more about the rims? They look like 3 piece modular ?

I believe Rohana's are not forged, but gravity cast or at the most low pressure cast. Maybe their other brand arms do forged wheels.

Vossens are the ones I'm seriously considering. Proper Euro style concavity for extreme VIP-spec Boss-ness

• Vossens are alright and I believe they not forged either
  • DPE are the best in concavity wheels and are forged, mostly 3 piece
  • ADV1 is not too bad at concavity wheels, but are overly priced and would rather go with DPE
  • HRE only started making concave wheels recently I believe, interested to see what the designs look like as the quality is there with HRE