SAU Community

Oil Bottle In Boot?

BKC34

Ok so call me stupid for asking this but it has no markings or anything and i didnt get a manual with my stagea BUT

in the boot on the right hand side you open up a compartment and there is a reservoir with some sort of oil in it

could anyone please inform me of what it is, as I'm getting my 100 000km service done in a couple of weeks, and the guy whos doing it, has never done a stagea before (he has done lots of skylines tho of course and he's the best in cairns so yeh..... theres only like 4 other stagea's in cairns) so i want to make i sure i know what it is so i can tell him (in case he cant work it out)

Cheers everyone

Bradd

rs four s models all came with hicas.... and in my crud factory manual has a picture of the resivior and has some japanese jibberish (well japanese that i cant read)but it has ''LSD" in the middle of the jibberish in bold letters. just to confuse the issue more

i was told TRANSFER CASE ... it dont worrie me tho ...mech just does the work

The transfer case shares the ATF of the trans, but if you want to be really specific, the fluid in question (if it is the ATTESSA resivoir we are talking about) ends up at an actuator at the back of the transfer case, but it gets there via a pump just above the rear diff.....

What Duncan said, plus the HICAS is electronic anyway, no Stagea had the R32 hydraulic HICAS, which BTW used the power steering reservoir.

Cheers

Gary

my old r33 had the hicas reservoir in it in the back, so you can assume then that some s1 and s2 models could have it as well.

my old r33 had the hicas reservoir in it in the back, so you can assume then that some s1 and s2 models could have it as well.

What :P I can assure you that any reservoir in the boot of an R33 is most definitely NOT for HICAS.

R33's and R34's have an electric motor that moves the rear steering rack, there are no hydraulics involved.

R32's have a hydraulically moved rear steering rack powered by the power steering pump. Which has 2 stages, one stage for the front power steering and one for the rear. The reservoir for the power steering is under the bonnet.

GTR's and GTS4's do have the ATESSA reservoir in the boot, as do 4wd Stageas.

Cheers

Gary