SAU Community

Total Agony!

FloydWestwood

So last week i woke up like someone had just stabbed me in the guts - so i rushed to hospital and had my appendix out. This by far the worst pain i have ever experienced, more then when i crashed my car, or when i stupidy dropped an angle grinder on my arm.

i bet no one can top pain like that! lets hear your worst war story!!!

I had my appendix out in year 5.... I was at school and started to get a really bad stomach ache. I had PE in the afternoon and told my PE teacher that I was too sick to participate. He told me that he didn't believe me and made me run 1.6 kms around the oval with all the other kids.

Mum picked me up from school and I burst into tears, she took me to the doctor and I had to be rushed to hospital as I had internal bleeding and appendicitis.

The PE teacher got into a lot of trouble, but he never apologised to me... bastard..

FloydWestwood - my advice is do not laugh, cough, sneeze or move.... very very very very painful after the operation lol.

whilst helping my uncle build a 20 Metre macinery shed we were getting levels for the guttering, using a fishing line along the facia board. the line was tied off on a nail at my uncle's end and the fishng hook [cod hook-100mm] was haning down about .5 metre [not clever] when the ladder he was on slipped; as he fell the hook went up under his chin and he was hanging by the jaw with the hook firmly embedded in his jaw and tongue. he had to hang/swing there until I could get down from my ladder and run the 20 M to his end, and get the ladder back in a position for him to climb back onto it. scarey shit because he had nothing to support his weight except the hook. anyway, he recovered quickly after the ambulance cut the eye end of the hook off, and then took the hook out through his mouth.

A guy I work with was drugged and fell flat on his face in a club. He broke his jaw, most of his teeth (yes all the front ones broke in half!). He was in hospital with a wired up jaw that had to FULLY HEAL before they could work on his broken teeth! Spent 4 months in hospital at a cost of $40000!

I also know a guy who fell 2 stories down a hole on a construction site and was impaled in 5 places by the reinforcement metal that they use in concreting. He is very lucky to be alive. Massive internal injuries and spent 6 months on a back board in hospital!

went in to get cancer cut out of my head. was meant to be a day op. but due to bleeding in the head they had to keep me over night, with a needle in my head which was attached to a pressurised suction bottle. next day they had to remove it, said it would hurt a bit. had the doctor pulling it out and 3 nurses holding me down this lasted about 10- 15 mins but felt like a life time. had a look at what it was when they removed it, and it was this fishing hook like needle which didn't look like it wanted to come out. (this was on no drugs too could have given me something i thought) was the worst pain i can remember. then went back 2 weeks later to get the staples (16) and stitches (32) removed and surprising this didn't hurt, and now i have lost some feeling on the right side of my head. (think they could have damaged the nerves when ripping the thing out)

not as bad as you guys but im 21, so got plenty of years to catch up.....

broke wrist as a kid, not much pain lol,,,,

snapped my ancle in year 9, the ligament ripped part of the bone of and it shatterd as a result and spliters everywhere, still walked (hobbled) for 3 days, swelling didnt go down, thought it was just a bad sprain, so did my parents, since most of the ancle was still holding on no one knew it was shatterd inside except for me.... constant pain but im not generally a winger so i just lived with it ...... worst 3 days of my life.... still dont know why i didnt winge about it more lol. then surgery and all that stuff....

just recently my arm pit was the size of a grape fruit, got an internal infection probably from a kangaroo scratch a few weeks earlier, i went dr and she gave me antibiotics when it was the size of a ping pong ball, then 2 days later had constant fever even though i was doped up on panadol and nurofen and having cold showers, a pain that would rival my shatered ancle, felt liike i was being stabbed,,,,, only when the fevers wouldnt go away for a full 13 hours did i eventually get my mum to take me to the hospital lol dr sliced it open with a scalple without any anesthetic because apparentley it wouldnt work from all the puss and she squeezed the puss out for a good 20 minutes, green ooozeing smelly puss, and you know how sensitive it is under your arms.....

and to be continued.........

So last week i woke up like someone had just stabbed me in the guts - so i rushed to hospital and had my appendix out. This by far the worst pain i have ever experienced, more then when i crashed my car, or when i stupidy dropped an angle grinder on my arm.

i bet no one can top pain like that! lets hear your worst war story!!!

i have re-occurring acute appendicitis.

Ive had 3 painful experiences of appendicities and each time surgeon turns me away as the inflammation always goes away.

Although he says one day it will have to come out haha

Least i know what to do when it comes round the 4th time haha

Every now and then I get reminded that touching something live and something earthed is a fun filled experience lol

Granted that not much pain is involved, just a very uneasy, tingling feeling... not to mention muscle spasms :)

Hmm the worst pain I could think of was when I contracted herpes 4 months ago,

The pain from urinating wasn't that bad, but the blisters on the head of the penis made it super hyper-sensitive

I was basically a walking zombie for 2 whole weeks,

My colleagues were looking at me strangely in the office everytime I goto the toilet, printer or lunch.

That's not the worst part, turns out she was sleeping around and shit, what a way to find out ay.

I don't think i remember 1/2 the things have done.. have come off a bike and had gravel embedded into my forearms and legs when was a kid. that was fun. nail in back... jumped off a fence, landed in a rut with one foot, tore ligaments and muscles - everything other than break it - a break woulda been a quicker heal and not as much pain. car door slammed on arm... had someone stab me in the head with a stick... was alot of blood...

Good times!!!!

Hmm the worst pain I could think of was when I contracted herpes 4 months ago,

The pain from urinating wasn't that bad, but the blisters on the head of the penis made it super hyper-sensitive

I was basically a walking zombie for 2 whole weeks,

My colleagues were looking at me strangely in the office everytime I goto the toilet, printer or lunch.

That's not the worst part, turns out she was sleeping around and shit, what a way to find out ay.

hahahahahahaaa, hahahaha, that's so crazy, I'd have to agree,

I've:

- Broken my back in two places and been unable to move or breath for a few minutes after falling over, two vertibrae cracked, but gave me a good 8-12 weeks off school at the time :) apart from the pain

- Had meningitis, ending up in an ambo to hospital, 41' Temp in an ice bath a few points of a degree off brain damage, whole body was in pain, but it shut down and i just woke up the next day

But the worst pain is so similar to the above, riding in togs through Niue in 30-35 heat, 90% humidity, rode 20kms, last 5kms i felt a pain just like the above, turns out my togs had been chaffing on the damn head of my dick too, took the togs off and just noticed cuts down the head, shaft and over the scrote/blood, had to walk with my legs half apart to stop anything from touching anywhere down that area for at least a week