SAU Community

Shift Kit?

loymclure

Iv been thinking of making something like this for my car at tafe. Im studying mechatronics & robotics, so this is right up my alley :P

If you use a manualised auto like the one that was in my car (click on link in my sig), this setup would be great.

I found this on google, its one of their old designs, but you can see how it all goes together.

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=...l%3Den%26sa%3DN

Howie It would be pretty easy to make up a couple of aloy paddles attached to some micro switches. it would all work on the stock triptonic.

I could look into making something like this for you if you would like.

You bet your ass i'd be interested. So would most of the guys using the Stagea/R34 Tiptronic... keep me posted buddy :down:

Ok Ill let you know when Iv got something. I know what you mean about the stock buttons too, my brother has a S2 Stagea and the buttons arent the greatest.

Looks good to me!

If you buy a bmw m3 steering wheel with paddles it can be installed into any e46 based bmw with a tiptronic gb and allows you to do the same thing.

-Some extra info for the bmw fans here.

the fact that there is no physical link between the 2 freaks me out a bit.. relying on a RF link to swap gears just leaves me a bit paranoid!

I reckon you would be better off spending the $$ and getting a MV auto shift kit

I have an MV Autos shift kit. But it would be nice being able to shift it quietly and easly, plus if you convert to a full electronic shift you could fit a manual style shifter with two sensors for a sequential shifting as well.

But I agree, the RF freaks me out to.

knox automatics, 395 installed, want in soft, chuck it in snow(i do in traffic so it doesnt go 1-2-1-2-1-2-1--21-2-1-2-)

Yer I know about that, what Im saying is when the auto is fully manualised like mine (see the video in my sig), the ratchet is very noisy and is sum what hard or heavy to change gears on a daily basis. If you could use an elecrtonic actuator to change it would be silent and easy, it just makes sense to run it this way (if you are fully manualised).