SAU Community

Tyre Fitting

Just thought I would report on a bad experience I had with JAX in mitchell. I just had some tyres stripped a fitted there and a rotation. I went and had my wheel alignment done at Goodyear, got a really nice alignment done, worked out some nice cornering settings. Anyways after taking it for a testing spin I could here strange noises from the front end. I figured I would take it back to Goodyear to ask if they had done anything odd, the guy got me to drive around the front a bit and listened, he discovered that when JAX had refitted my wheels they were all only hand tightened. We tightened then all and there was no more noise and even more awesome driving to be had. But it could have been quite disasterous if that had gone un-noticed.

I've had wheel nuts come lose from a proper tightening before (I did the tightening). Don't they take the wheels off to do the alignment sometimes?

Nah what ever they do, they dont need them to come off for the alignment. I mean I dont like pointing fingers, but its pretty worrying when shit like that happens.

btw loving the new Toyo T1R's. awesome tyres!

Everyone has a bad story, had jax quickfit in belco fit my semis and had no issues. Had another tyre chain put on two new tyres some months back, and due to some issues I had since then I will not go back there even though they were good before,

This seems strange to me.

If the nuts were not only tightly, how did you get from JAX to Goodyear without making any noise because I don't think they'd do it up all the way by hand. Most tyre shops have rattle guns and would only put on nuts on the thread...