SAU Community

Tuned..... 1002hp R34 T88gk 18cm Monster!

STATUS

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome result!.

Sorry if I missed it earlier Trent, but what sort of AFR's was it running?

kinda like to keep that under wraps (like engine specifics and headwork etc) but leaner than the average tune i see come in.

Edited by URAS

Great peek whp result, I can't imagine what that would be like in 2wd with it as laggy as it is then having so much come in so quick, I can't see that car having alot of traction! lol.

If that engine was in a GTR what whp in 4wd do you think it would make around about?

I have a graph here of 850awhp at 7500rpm in 4wd at 1.9 bar on 98 pump gas done with a GT42 but it comes in sooner and less agressivley, be interested to compare results based on what you thihk that motor would have made in 4wd, do you have any numbers at 1.9 bar? and how much is "a touch over 2 bar"?.

Be interesting to see what it would do on the strip with some decent tyres too.

Rob

around 13.0:1

im serious

I know the Max NOS likes to be lean but it starts lean (when swapping from pump on the same map) and needs more duty on the injector to make it back to the same AFR. That's why I asked about the base fuel pressure cos the spec list says it only has 1000cc injectors in it.

It might be something to do with how dynapack HP translates into DD horsepower - I don't know.

this is a daily driver and response was more important.

Just throwing a question out to everyone - especially URAS - keen to know if people think this goal was actually achieved? I'm aware everyone will have differing views on "responsiveness" but given the graph & stats stated so far, I think it can be a YES / NO answer.

Most importantly, is the owner happy? Or does he/she want more?

I know the Max NOS likes to be lean but it starts lean (when swapping from pump on the same map) and needs more duty on the injector to make it back to the same AFR. That's why I asked about the base fuel pressure cos the spec list says it only has 1000cc injectors in it.

It might be something to do with how dynapack HP translates into DD horsepower - I don't know.

Thanks for giving the game away :banana:

injector duty (btw i guessed 1000cc, i just looked at the color) was a concern during final runs and ultimately determined peak power (base pressure is also something i would like to leave unsaid) but it was an area well and sorted. All this stuff is really unimportant but anyway...cause at the end of the day it is only a figure but previous heavy hitters running in the 550-700rwkw range on my dyno went on to run nearly 150rwkw more on a dyno dynamics dyno on the westside of melbourne in a dyno comp in dd shootout mode (preparations for the next summer nats) so im pretty confident that the car makes between 950 and 1050 genuine horsepower... as ive said previous any doubters are more than welcome to bring thier cars down and run them up on the dyno for free (providing they make decent numbers, as my time is money) and they can see for themselves.