SAU Community

Fair Price For Gtr34

seank

Hey all,

What does everyone think would be a fair price for a good condition , late model vspec2, low km (under 50,000), stock - light modded R34 GTR?

Prices vary so much on carsales 40k-70k?

How can the prices vary so much?

is under 50,000km going to be legit for a 6-8 year old car? how can I tell.

can anyone give me tips/signs what to look for, or what goes first in r34's

I would greatly appreciate any help.

mate of mine is looking into a v-spec 2 at the moment. has been keeping his eyes open for bout 6 weeks. He is expecting to spend $65-70K. Best way to tell with k's is the general condition of the car, wear on gearknob n steer wheel, paint obviestly. A well looked after 34gtr with 50,000k's should pretty much look like new mate. As for what goes first, they are nearly every enthusiasts ultimate ride. Not much goes wrong with em

Ive grown up around alot of r33 gtr's , r34gtr's. from my experiences i have found that a good price for a under 50000km r34 gtr is about 58,000. and a r34 v spec about 63,990. but dude your question is so hard to answer because like.. a good price for a gtr r34 v spec with under 50000km..well in short dont pay less then 40g for a r34 gtr.. or theres probably sompthin wrong with it.. especially if its a v spec ( ive grown up with about 8 gtr's )

Hey all,

What does everyone think would be a fair price for a good condition , late model vspec2, low km (under 50,000), stock - light modded R34 GTR?

Prices vary so much on carsales 40k-70k?

How can the prices vary so much?

is under 50,000km going to be legit for a 6-8 year old car? how can I tell.

can anyone give me tips/signs what to look for, or what goes first in r34's

I would greatly appreciate any help.

champ

real low km GTR34 V2 around 5 million yen~6 million yen in japan

i guess you need pay around 75g~85g for it

average GTR34 V2 with 100000km+ around 60g~70g

champ... you pay for what you get.

don't get cheap GTR34

not worth to get average car.

:D

My vspec 2 was 65k in perfect condition; thats a good price for one possibly up to 70k.

basically if its cheap, theres something wrong.

low km gtr's in japan go for 4.5-5.5 million yen in japan.

plenty of 99 models are much cheaper but the interior is terrible colour.

If U R in Sydney, U R welcome to have a chat and look at my car as a yardstick & asks Qs

If U R in Melbourne, Johnny will do the same, except that he'll also invite U in for a 4 course Chinese tucker and anti-oxidant rich green tea. WARNING: He'll also make U put up with a 3 Hr lecture on what's wrong with your diet lolz

Me? The most you get out of me is a quarter of a Moon-Cake & H2O from the tap lolz

If U R in Sydney, U R welcome to have a chat and look at my car as a yardstick & asks Qs

If U R in Melbourne, Johnny will do the same, except that he'll also invite U in for a 4 course Chinese tucker and anti-oxidant rich green tea. WARNING: He'll also make U put up with a 3 Hr lecture on what's wrong with your diet lolz

Me? The most you get out of me is a quarter of a Moon-Cake & H2O from the tap lolz

Hehehe, sure im down to help n a bit of Q n A

Chinese tucker; broken rice, rice paper rolls and a kebab with garlic sauce lolz.

Serz Tez im not down as a nutritionist anymore, I even started smoking :/ Nicotine is quite stimulating! lolz

But yeah, I dont mind showing anyone my car if their in the market.

cheers mate appreciate the offer, however I'm in qld.

Everyone is saying don't get a cheapie, how can you be sure an expensive one isn't sh*T?

Is it best to buy 2nd hand from someone in aust, or buy directly from japan?

I imported mine with genuine kms and full service history for less than 45 grand and it's a 99 V-Spec. It's a clean, zero accident, 1 owner car. Although she had a few scratches, most of it could be polished out. Only detriment of buying from Japan is that you dont get to see before you buy. I had to rely on a guy who looked over the car before I bidded on it.

In the end it worked out pretty well i think.

But there's so many ppl trying to sell their BNR's here that you'd be silly to import one these days, especially when the yen has hit a 3 year low of about 83. If i bought my car today, it wouldve costed about 6-7 grand more. So dont ignore the local market as there's certainly good buys.

I am also looking for an R34 GTR. A few I like are interstate and are modified which I prefer.

I would take the car you selelct to a mechanic that services/ modifies a lot of GTRs. i would ask them to go over everything anally. Ask them to give you a qoute on what they say needs changing.

cheers mate appreciate the offer, however I'm in qld.

Everyone is saying don't get a cheapie, how can you be sure an expensive one isn't sh*T?

Is it best to buy 2nd hand from someone in aust, or buy directly from japan?

Leading Question:- Do you know someone who can read Japanese???

Wise SAUers tell us that a Grade 4 or even 4.5 is not such a reliable indicator anymore, on that Auction sheet.

But whilst you're 'Literate in Japanese' friend can match up the last service entry (in the log book) with the odo reading on the auction paper, you'll have a better chance of accuracy.

Regardless of whether or not you buy from Japan or here, it's still 'Caveat Emptor' = buy at your own risk.

When I inspected my current R34, my wife (fluent in Chinese and Japanese) did background checks whilst 2 mechanics looked over the hardware. I couldn't believe that the car had done only 16700Km. There was tell-tale damage to the LHS, but it was repaired to perfection and no rust. In 2 years, I've only had to replace an oil pump and front rotors/pads.

Hope this helps as well as other good SAU posts I see...

Tez :P

love the moon cakes!

have 1 per day:)

love the moon cakes!

have 1 per day:)

Yeh; especially if it has an egg in it. Feel short-changed otherwise... lol

Back to you Sean. Sorry for digressing...

Yes it is possible to get a bargain. But you have to go over it with a 'fine tooth comb'. And what better place to do that than in Oz.

My car?

Purchased in '06. Grade 4 with 16,700Km and cross-checked with Japanese service-entry in the log book + state of seats, carpet etc

all like new - still is with 28,000Km on the clock now.

Yr 2000 Model (black pearl) - Costed $55K and it came with...

i) HKS F-Con Pro-V ECU

ii) HKS Cams

iii) HKS Induction pipes, pods

iv) Blitz DSBC

v) APEXi RMS

vi) Blitz TT

vii) Sharp TV

viii) GTR plush carpet rugs

ix) HKS exhaust piping

x) Trust rear muffler/tip

I've added lots of other things but they aren't relevant.

Yes it's possible to get a bargain. It has given me not one ounce of trouble except the oil pump.

REMEMBER THE FINE TOOTH COMB Sean. All the best mate.

champ

i will import one direct from japan.

mate of mine bought R34GTR v-spec with 35000km from vic.

car been checked by work shop in vic.

he went pick the car up. 3 months later. engine got problem.

cost him 9g to repair.

but i guess.it's your choice

good luck champ

tha

look at beer baron's GTR if you're worried about a dud.. you can't go wrong with buying his one

lol, :rofl: yes buy mine! it really is a nice genuine car with service history etc and no secrets! and considering the AUD has just wiped about 20% of it's value off against the yen the cost of importing a car has just gone up by a big amount. I'm keen to sell too, and you get to see, touch and maybe even drive it before expending a single cent. :)

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ba...ll-t230835.html

• 2 weeks later...

hows ur schedule just go to japan and have a look, if u got that much money to spend why not invest a drop in the ocean to find the perfect car u should be able to find 1 in a day if u plan where to go first, well thats wat id do-f*k i wanna live in japan

Considering the current strength of the Aussie dollar against the yen (quite bad at the moment), looking locally makes sense, just make sure you get the car mechanically checked otherwise it may have mechanical problems you will find out about later.