SAU Community

V35 Sedan-need Help Regarding Electrics

27IMN

hey all, im new to this site n also to the 35, i recently purchased a 2002 300gt sedan 35 from a local caryard,it was going great up untill the last 4wks,in the last 4wks heaps of things have gone wrong,and the list goes like this

1.there is an airbag light that keeps flashing on the dash and will not go away

2.the window motor went and i got hit with 760 to replace it,i paid it and now the drivers window button doesn't work but the rest of the buttons do work,so now im chasing a new switch or the whole panel that goes into the door if anyone can help???

3.the cd player was working fine untill one day it just stopped working,it gave me the shits cause it still has 6 cds in it,so i wasnt getting around without tunes i just plugged in the old school walkman n plugged it in through the tape deck, it worked sweet for about a week n now the whole thing has stopped working completely,so now i have no tunes and no buttons work at all,got any ideas???

4.and last but not least the climate control is stuck on 28degrees,u cant turn it off or on,it wont allow you to adjust it nothing,so pretty much everything in the middle of the dash has shit its self,no buttons at all seem to work besides the tv n dvd player,u pop up the tv n it has the usual screen on it,so im assuming it must be still all good!!!

has anyone else experienced these problems??? if so please help :) after the bill i got from the auto elec for the window motor i thought it would be in my best interest to see if anyone else has experienced these problems and try and fix them myself before i take it to an elec

thanks luke

Ouch Dude....

All can be fixed but Jeez you got bad luck.

If your in QLD take it to Chris, It won't be free but it will be fixed right. Just a quick question. Did all of the stuff stop working immediately after you went to the auto sparky? And if so...... you know where I'm headed......

Hope you sort it out mate.

yeah im in brissie!! nah the tunes went first then the window motor went so i cant really put it back on to him,though id like to lol how do i get a hold of chris??? do u no where abouts he is at all

cheers

yeah im in brissie!! nah the tunes went first then the window motor went so i cant really put it back on to him,though id like to lol how do i get a hold of chris??? do u no where abouts he is at all

cheers

PM him and he will respond within a day or so. He is on here often enough and he will help, I am sure..

0407-102-839.

1.there is an airbag light that keeps flashing on the dash and will not go away

could be a few things there. quick check with a scanner will tell me.

2.the window motor went and i got hit with 760 to replace it,i paid it and now the drivers window button doesn't work but the rest of the buttons do work,so now im chasing a new switch or the whole panel that goes into the door if anyone can help???

motor is common. question is - motor or switch originally? both are fixable - switch isn't that bad and there is a good chance I can fix it.

3.the cd player was working fine untill one day it just stopped working,it gave me the shits cause it still has 6 cds in it,so i wasnt getting around without tunes i just plugged in the old school walkman n plugged it in through the tape deck, it worked sweet for about a week n now the whole thing has stopped working completely,so now i have no tunes and no buttons work at all,got any ideas???

considering that ENTIRE front panel controls the radio and AC there is something amiss. the 6CD stuck in the mech is common. not a cheap fix but common. I'll have a look at it and at the very least get tunes.

4.and last but not least the climate control is stuck on 28degrees,u cant turn it off or on,it wont allow you to adjust it nothing,so pretty much everything in the middle of the dash has shit its self,no buttons at all seem to work besides the tv n dvd player,u pop up the tv n it has the usual screen on it,so im assuming it must be still all good!!!

TV is a separate assembly. that entire unit can be removed with no real effect on the radio.

who did the car come from (tell me when you ring.)

you north or south?

give me a ring and I'll sort this car for you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

for anyone that has this happen:

IE the ENTIRE FRONT PANEL DIES. the AC system is partly powered by the radio . there is a 5v supply that feeds off the radio into the front panel to fire it up. no supply -= no go on radio and AC controls. there are 6 different supplies in this radio 3 of which feed that front panel.

I had another one today so I stripped it, debugged and fixed it.

• 1 month later...
for anyone that has this happen:

IE the ENTIRE FRONT PANEL DIES. the AC system is partly powered by the radio . there is a 5v supply that feeds off the radio into the front panel to fire it up. no supply -= no go on radio and AC controls. there are 6 different supplies in this radio 3 of which feed that front panel.

I had another one today so I stripped it, debugged and fixed it.

I just had this happen to me in the last week or so, the guy I spoke to guessed at a few days work and maybe $300-400. It seems a bit over the top to me. Is this reasonable? I am in Sydney if it helps.

depends whos doing it. its an electronics issue NOT an electrical one.

I don't mind who does it, as long as it is done well for a reasonable price, I just have no idea what reasonable is! Is it in the ballpark of what you have charged recently for similar problems?

last one I did was $250 which was the R&R of th dash and unit. the entire exercise is 4hrs min. inc fixing the electronics probelm. by rights I should have charged a bit more as I had to drive out/back to where the car was in southern brisbane.