SAU Community

Illegal Drags

Stock

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These were held up in Sydney where the cops are generally worse than Melbourne.

IMO, I think it is good that the cops are targeting illegal drags and charging people who drive irresponisbly.

Racing should be conducted in a controlled safe environment like race tracks and drag strips where you can go as fast as you like.

I meant 'not good for us', as in those of us who drive R33's in Melbourne and now have people looking twice at us because of these idiots in Sydney.

These photos published in newspapers make the car out to be a 'Hoons' car in the publics eyes, which ruins the experience of owning a skyline for the rest of us.

If u got enough money to drive a GTR you should have enough brains not to be involved in dumb stuff such as that if you ask me.

police said residents contacted police after hearing the cars screeching down 500m stretch of road in a normally quiet industrial area.  

"It's a weekend problem the locals are becoming more aware of it and contacting police," Chf Insp Smith said. "The locals phone up very concerned that someone is going to kill themselves."  

I think the key there is "kill themselves" - why should that be their concern? As long as they weren't endagering others and only those there then.... Anyway, its pretty stupid, especially if it was close to a residential area - that is when it can endanger others and should be fully cracked down upon.

ud think so..but theres always one idiot that has no fkn idea and a lot of money..from daddy, and gets a quick cra and makes every1 else look bad

so true though...count the number of 33 gtr's to the number of commodores and compare.....typical fkn cop BS!!! (which is rubbed off onto the media..who talks shite to the public)

last time when the drag seasons were hot ..

the cars + owners i see that are always misbehaving are Holden + Ford owners .. those old junk types of cars ..

All they do is attract attention from cops by doing silly things like burnouts, donuts, figure 8s,etc ,etc .. i mean, whats their problem man ? Import owners dont do this kinda shit .. They do it, we get the blame ! F**k them, VL owners or whatever crap shit they're driving ..

Well if that is the case Yakuza those with decent cars or imports in general should stay the **** away from them if they don't want to be associated with that sort of thing. I'm starting to think most of the illegal draggers are too much of a tightass to do legal drag racing and should be selling their car and forced to drive a family car FOREVER.

anyway, think this thread is reverting..see below..

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...&threadid=23144

From that article

Last night several notices were issued to cars with wheels that were too big and others that had been lowered for better cornering.

Evidently people who drive "subaru wrxs and nissan skylines" always have highly modified vehicles. They mustve been desperate to hand out canaries. Drag cars that are "lowered for better cornering"? Its prolly fair enough that the reporter have a whinge and make participants look bad, but he could've done better than that pathetic dribble.

People who attend these sort of things deserve to have the book thrown at 'em and the coppers should crack down on them. However, the general public can be narrow minded twits and use news reports like this one to confirm in their own mind that anyone who drives a car featured in the report is a hoon that is breaking the law.

""They [drag racers] generally don't like to congregate on highways. They tend to choose the back streets where there are less cars so they can race up and down the street freely.""

bit of an oxymoron... theyre bad for being reckless yet they are stating how these idiots are sensible enough to do it in an area where no one else is around that may get in danger....

Originally posted by Yakuza

last time when the drag seasons were hot ..

the cars + owners i see that are always misbehaving are Holden + Ford owners .. those old junk types of cars ..  

All they do is attract attention from cops by doing silly things like burnouts, donuts, figure 8s,etc ,etc .. i mean, whats their problem man ? Import owners dont do this kinda shit .. They do it, we get the blame ! F**k them, VL owners or whatever crap shit they're driving ..

Go **** ur self

you know how much **** heads in japs cars i see playing up on the street

its not just VL owners

your young you got a quick car

your allways gonna get ****ed over

so stop blaming it on every one else

cause all the VL owners i know don't go to the illegal drags and they take pretty good care of there cars and don't thrash da shit out it......

unfortunately now every body that can afford a spare 15 grand and has watched fast and furious has a skyline these days.. and yes... the cops have caught onto this and now they do put skyline owners under da pump a bite... but fark thats how life goes . u dont like it.. go buy a Camry

altho rather heated and attacking danny has a point... there is more to it than ppl in VLs... most of the idiots ive seen on the TV at these things and the one i was walking past down moorabbin one night were mainly ppl in shitboxes. stock Ford 4.1litres and Holden 3.8s... wankers in their lowered civics and preludes... V8 meat heads and even a few ppl in city 4WDs!

if there was a place for these ppl to go so that they didnt have to do this in public, even if it isnt "in public" and away from built up areas, then this wouldnt be as frequent... as usual the givernment makes too much money thru fines to bother tying to come up with a way to keep these ppl entertained and off the streets.

what happend when skaters were tearing up the sidewalks? they built more places for them to go... now there are less incidents were skaters are getting in trouble in public areas... sure they still do it but not as frequent. The same should be done for drag racing... ppl like to push their cars... lets make it possible for these ppl to do so in a safe environment more often... calder i hear u say??? PFFFFFFFFFt 50 ****ing dollars for around 3 of 4 runs... get real... the dragways in NZ are held more often and in more places and cost a hell of a lot less... if they made it more affordable and at more than one far away venue this would more than likely cut down the illegal stuff.

Fact is the Bracks government is only interested in punishing people on the roads and making money from people, not providing adequate or proactive measures to remedy the source of the problems.

The only way to get things changed is to write intelligent letters to the politicians that dictate to the police the laws they should be enforcing and how. Not just winges, but proactive solutions and ideas.

At the risk of stating something we've all heard before: If you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about. However that is off topic slightly.

We all know imports get targeted by police. Everytrime we go out on the road we run the risk of a vehicle inspection or an RBT etc, mostly due to our car. I'll prolly get flamed for this but I'm getting kinda tired of hearing ppl voice their annoyance at the unwanted police attention we get or the fact they got a canary or EPA notice. We all know it happens, hell, its almost expected now. Everytime we hear about it happening it only serves to stir up bad blood between the cops and ourselves.

If ppl think canaries and epa notices are so abhorrent, DON"T DRIVE ILLEGAL CARS AND STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ILLEGAL MEETS. THE COPS CAN"T TOUCH YOU THEN.

Imports have gained a bad image in the public eye for the same reasons that modified VLs or any other domestic has. Newsflash guys, its not the cars its the DRIVERS.

If we wanna have our image cleaned up we need to avoid any sort of criminal behaviour. NO ILLEGAL MODS, DRIVING OR MEETS.

Then, those that indulge in this behaviour will end up driving a legal car in a legal manner, in jail, without a license, or dead.

Let natural selection take care of the losers and then with them off the roads the rest of us will reap the rewards.

but wardest.. see above.. the fact of the matter people will always do that sort of activity. No matter how many cops you put on the roads, how illegal you make it, how much money you take off people, they'll still do it.

If you look at the source of the problem, it is really the fact that there is nowhere to "muck around" in any fashion and release all that sillyness or in fact more accessible drag venues. There is Calder Park, and that is about it around Melbourne.. on every Friday "if you're lucky" for $55. Sure its cheap for me and lots of people, but if you're a uni student or something it can be just not worth it when you can do it for free (and maybe get away with it). The fact that you have to cue up to get 2-3 runs and how many hundreds of cars they have at legal drags is evidence in itself people *will* go to legal things if the frequency, location, timing, and maybe pricing was improved.

You can take the policy "dont do drugs" and go stupid and lock everybody up... and yet people will continue to do drugs and all the other associated problems. Or, you can get around to the more modern way of doing things "ok, we realise people like to drugs for whatever reason, at least if they are doing them lets make it safer by providing needles and the like". Often you just have to accept that people want to do something (even if it is dangerous) but try and reduce the impact of that on others.

Its exactly the same problem on our roads, and yet its handled in a totally different fashion.