SAU Community

Series 2 Autech Everything Into A Stock Series 1

msports180

Some of you may of read my other post with the drama's i have had with my Autech 260RS, well after getting on the piss me with me mates they suggested getting a stock series 1 and swapping it all over. Well i have done that and know im starting the planning process now of how am i going to do this?!!

I have a Series 2 Autech 260rs and i want to put it all into the stock series 1 RS4 i have.

I have been told that the mechanicals will go straight in, and ive read the posts on the manual conversion, this stuff isnt to hard for me to do as i have access to a hoist and all tools.

What worries me is the electric side of things, im hoping the engine looms will interchange?

I want to put the series 2 front end on, any problems lay ahead of me there? Will the lights etc be the same wiring?

I want to put the series 2 interior in, with the 3 gauges etc will the wiring be there? Or part of the Autech loom? I will swap the seats etc to.

Our theory is that they wouldnt of changed to much between the two? mainly just cosmetic?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Hurdles were gonna face?

Thanks

Neil

Don't forget that the 260RS is structurally stiffer in the body due to some extra reinforcements in the body and chassis. I know that there is extra bracing in the top of the c-pillars, but can't remember where the rest is.

i would think if you want to do it right you would need to virtualy strip to a shell and start from scratch

looms etc would prob be a straight forward swap over etc.i wouldnt count on wiring being in the s1 to suit s2.i know that a dayz s2 with satnav etc the looms are diff to my stock s2.

i don't see why, when you have everything out, you wouldn't just swap EVERYTHING over including looms etc to save any unforseen electrical hassles. tis what i would do. the headlight wiring loom would be slightly different too with the s2 having the divorced highbeams

one of the autech chassis strengtheners from memory is a brace under the tailshaft tunnel, its removal and goes straight on a series 1 stagea, i know this because mine has got one.

as mike said just put every loom from the autech in the s1 and then u know its the same :P alot of work ahead, taking the dash etc out is a pain in the arse but something that just takes time.

good luck mate and give me a buzz if have any issues along the way :/

I will taking bulk pictures for sure.

Gonna be a massive job but i have booked holidays from work and so have a few of my mates so we can get it done.

Sounds like an entire loom swap is gonna happen.