SAU Community

V35 Import Brokers

Actually, I didn't see the Importer thing in Geoff's first post about a Price increase and I can understand how a Price rise would happen.

It is a shame that costs of importation are not fixed as they are put on the boat... Then at least the costs can not inflate as fluctuations occur.

Glad I am not in a hurry though.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I didn't see the Importer thing in Geoff's first post about a Price increase and I can understand how a Price rise would happen.

It is a shame that costs of importation are not fixed as they are put on the boat... Then at least the costs can not inflate as fluctuations occur.

Glad I am not in a hurry though.

Doubled edged sword I am afraid. Sure cars in transit will have to go up. Cars already here may be used to try and offset that a little however the world economy has gone down the gurgler as we all know. How many cars would have been sold anywhere last weekend? Methinks probably none.

I think the only ones immune at the moment are those with free cash in the bank and not in investments and are at least 5 to 10 years away from retirement (long enough for their super to bounce back). The currency drop will effect them bugger all aside from less interest on their savings.

In fact they could profit from this down turn by buying shares in the big banks at record lows and selling them in 6 months for 3 times the money - or buying your house from you when you are forced to sell as the property market goes to hell.

I wish I had sold my house 3 to 6 months ago and rented for 12 months - could then finally upgrade to a "family" sized home for my kids - you know a place that actually has a back yard (>700sqm) and maybe 4 bedrooms, maybe 2 bathrooms and god forbid a lock up double garage so that Shannons will insure my damn cars again!

All this for well under a million dollars in a semi decent area!? very possible in about 6 to 18 months me thinks! Might be able to get this dream realised for the sweet spot price of 450 to 550, whilst at the moment in a decent area in SA you would still be looking at 750 to 1.5M for such a place! Ain't got that kind of money... nor am I willing to take that sort of loan!

On the plus side - I only lost $300 on my Silver V35 due to a drop in yen between buying and it boarding the boat - managed to miss this disaster almost completely! But if the current world wide condition stops people from buying cars for a while I will be drawn and quartered by the wife - I need to quite one of my 2 V35's real soon else I get castrated... Should be picking up my manual V35 this week - then I can decide which I would rather keep - meaningless though as I will have to sell which ever is easier to shift which may just be the one I like better! :P

And just to add to the woes - windy night tonight - blew 2 f'n trollies into the side of my wife's Vectra at Marion shopping centre dented it in at least 2 places... and she had made such an effort to park 40m away from the nearest trolly... just gave the bloody thing a better run up! :D

I spent the whole day yesterday looking at V35s and was stunned at the attitude of a few sellers. The first was a piece of shit and had imo had the speedo wound back as it was gutless, corroded and an overall disappointment. Never mind.

I dropped into a Parramatta Rd dealer who had one and had a chat but said to the salesman I just want to check the 350Z over the road before I take his for a drive. When I crossed the rd and asked about the 350Z and asked for a drive the salesman says "Sure, I'll get the keys" and goes inside. Returns a minute later "Sorry the 350 sold yesterday!" Bullshit!

I then went to a guy who advertised "Darling Harbour" only to fond he has a warehouse in Camperdown. 4 other V35s on my list to see later that day from different suburbs were in the same warehouse and were being sold by his relatives! Some lovely cars but did not match the description on Carsales.com.au which a wise friend told is how dealers use just one add to keep advertising different cars by changing just one bit of info at a time. They wouldn't budge on price at all which is odd considering the economic meltdown at present. Oh well lucky I'm not in a hurry.

Geoff

hi tokyo,

You would have gone to see Jimmy from Top Motor Imports, its a family run business, as you would have noticed!

he's got quite a few cars there, most in good notch, most will be tiptronic.

I got my car there, how much was he selling the v35's for?

mine was advertised for 33k, managed to get it down to 29.5k (July), probably selling for about 28k,due to the previously good Yen, not sure about now!

Tokyo Geoff, PM sent

at the current aussie dollar, remember that local cars are already here and can be driven on the street, tested by a mechanic, and actually seen in the flesh. (obviously i'm writing this because mine is for sale and is a bargain considering what shit is out there and the condition of mine)

• 2 weeks later...

Geoff, Your right some of those dealers have their head stuck up their arse..Bout a year ago I saw Prestige near the ironcove bridge -gladesville.Had a really nice 03 with 30000 klm. He wanted 49. He pretty much offered me nothing on my r33gtst and barely budged on price. I should drive up there now and show him my 05 Premium (5 grade) which had 14 on the clock and cost a lot less on the road.

='Tokyo Geoff' date='2 Nov 2008, 09:55 PM' post='4235848']

I spent the whole day yesterday looking at V35s and was stunned at the attitude of a few sellers. The first was a piece of shit and had imo had the speedo wound back as it was gutless, corroded and an overall disappointment. Never mind.

I dropped into a Parramatta Rd dealer who had one and had a chat but said to the salesman I just want to check the 350Z over the road before I take his for a drive. When I crossed the rd and asked about the 350Z and asked for a drive the salesman says "Sure, I'll get the keys" and goes inside. Returns a minute later "Sorry the 350 sold yesterday!" Bullshit!

I then went to a guy who advertised "Darling Harbour" only to fond he has a warehouse in Camperdown. 4 other V35s on my list to see later that day from different suburbs were in the same warehouse and were being sold by his relatives! Some lovely cars but did not match the description on Carsales.com.au which a wise friend told is how dealers use just one add to keep advertising different cars by changing just one bit of info at a time. They wouldn't budge on price at all which is odd considering the economic meltdown at present. Oh well lucky I'm not in a hurry.

Geoff

• 2 weeks later...

For those still looking for Pearl white with a sunroof leather and manual... seems your wishes have come true - relatively high km should result in a decent price at Auction (USS AUto Auctions again so you will need a brocker first

No Date Site Year Car Name TransmissionEngine km Color Model Equipement Condition

TK10222 2008/11/27Tokyo 2004 SKYLINE CP F63500 42 pearl CPV35 AC SR AW TV Leather PS PW 4.5

https://bzl.cis6200.jp/syupimg/TK/0711/Front/10222_002.jpg

https://bzl.cis6200.jp/syupimg/TK/0711/Rear/10222_003.jpg

No Date Site Year Car Name Transmission Engine km Color Model Equipement Condition

YK10510 2008/11/25 Yokohama 2003 SKYLINE CP F6 3500 61 pearl CPV35 AC AW TV PS PW R (May not be importable due to this rating)

https://bzl.cis6200.jp/syupimg/YK/0237/Front/10510_002.jpg

https://bzl.cis6200.jp/syupimg/YK/0237/Rear/10510_003.jpg

No Date Site Year Car Name Transmission Engine km Color Model Equipement Condition

YK10130 2008/11/25 Yokohama 2004 SKYLINE CP F6 3500 71 pearl CPV35  AC SR TV Leather PS PW 4.5

https://bzl.cis6200.jp/syupimg/YK/0237/Front/10130_002.jpg

https://bzl.cis6200.jp/syupimg/YK/0237/Rear/10130_003.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Yen still shit but hey - this car is a rare find! More so for those who like pearl...

But to get a SR, leather, TV, factory kit (front lip rear spoiler and clear indicators) the better wheels etc on a manual car is still pretty special especially one with low km!

AC, Sun roof! 18" wheels - the nicer ones! TV, Leather, PS PW Grade 4.5, 2004 Manual 42,000km pearl clear indicators rear spoiler etc!

TK20400

20400_002.jpg

20400_003.jpg

https://bzl.cis6200.jp/e/p5_search_detail.a...amp;p=1&f=p

Edited by ShadowKnyght

by all, I mean everything without an R, coz I am not too interested in something repaired.
'Hey Stephen' what type and condition of V35 coupe are you after, I live Syd I have a 03-04 Prem/auto with factory sunroof, have had it for 2yrs I'm an oldfart and retired 18mths ago, this vehicle could only be descibed as near new, I had it imported/comp and registerd myself through IMG in Syd, [class 5 cond] I took delivery with a gen10700ks on the clock now has 22700ks this car is garaged most of the time and very rarely driven,you might be interested! Regards GT350 Retired.

MOB. 0424242949 Geoff.

Yen still shit but hey - this car is a rare find! More so for those who like pearl...

But to get a SR, leather, TV, factory kit (front lip rear spoiler and clear indicators) the better wheels etc on a manual car is still pretty special especially one with low km!

AC, Sun roof! 18" wheels - the nicer ones! TV, Leather, PS PW Grade 4.5, 2004 Manual 42,000km pearl clear indicators rear spoiler etc!

TK20400

20400_002.jpg

20400_003.jpg

https://bzl.cis6200.jp/e/p5_search_detail.a...amp;p=1&f=p

That looks quite nice, but the link didn't work. Where did you find it?

I will look it up if you can help with a link or more details.

Cheers

'Hey Stephen' what type and condition of V35 coupe are you after, I live Syd I have a 03-04 Prem/auto with factory sunroof, have had it for 2yrs I'm an oldfart and retired 18mths ago, this vehicle could only be descibed as near new, I had it imported/comp and registerd myself through IMG in Syd, [class 5 cond] I took delivery with a gen10700ks on the clock now has 22700ks this car is garaged most of the time and very rarely driven,you might be interested! Regards GT350 Retired.

MOB. 0424242949 Geoff.

Thanks Geoff PM sent

• 4 weeks later...

no probs wasn't trying be be narky! :P

BTW just to keep the teasers rolling:

YK20216 2009/01/13 Yokohama 2004 SKYLINE F6 36,000km pearl CPV35 AC AW TV PS PW Grade 4.5

20216_002.jpg

20216_003.jpg

Note it has a reversing CAM, clear indicators is manual with a full body kit and a huge spoiler for those who want to be noticed!

My silver one has a Nismo rear spoiler - not quite so large but still I think these cars need a spoiler - just makes them look less like a blob! :P

Edited by ShadowKnyght