SAU Community

V35 Import Brokers

Hi all, I did a search and this has not been covered as such.

Can anyone suggest that if they used a Broker that they were happy with?

Should I steer clear of anyone in particular?

Are there any horror stories?

We all have to be careful about what is said, but I value everyone's opinion and I have a couple of names, one in Perth and one in Melbourne, but is there anyone else?

Can I find out who you guys used and what you felt about the process?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used J-Spec for my first V35 and was very happy with the service.

Criag was extremely helpful and very patient.

I'm the kind of customer that wanted the best value car for my money and i wanted it yesterday :-)

The car came in exactly as described, without a hitch in the whole process.

However, my second V35 I bought locally in Australia. I think you'll find there are a lot of nice bargains about the place if you do a bit of a search. There's a few very nice examples up for sale in teh For Sale section, and the bonus is that you get to test drive the car and have it inspected as much as you like.

At the end of the day, if your going for a very unique colour/combo that you can't find here then import, if your going to save thousands then import, if what you want is local and it's only a grand or so more expensive than importing, then i would stay local :-)

Again i was very very happy with J-Spec, and if needed would use them again, but personally nothing beats paying for a car and driving it home the same day.

Cheers

Bobby

Thanks Bobby... I understand all that you said but there is not much locally where I am. In Melbourne there probably is, but I haven't seen much that excites me on the net.

Yeah I agree, i'm from Melb as well and there's nothing that's exciting at all.

All the good ones are either in Sydney or Queensland..

www.autoshop.net.au

www.carmenimports.com.au

www.importautocentre.com.au

www.motorman.com.au

thats a start. I do work for those yards and they have cars in stock. the first three are compliance shops as well . all can source cars from japan.

Another thing to remember guys is that the Aus $ has been absolutely smashed in the last couple of weeks, so just double check your limits and what this equates to in yen. It will be much less than a month ago.

www.autoshop.net.au

www.carmenimports.com.au

www.importautocentre.com.au

www.motorman.com.au

thats a start. I do work for those yards and they have cars in stock. the first three are compliance shops as well . all can source cars from japan.

Used motorman for my current 35.

Got my last two cars through importautocentre, a Silvia and then a Soarer. Not always the best stock but they do get a few gems in from time to time. Talk directly to Mark (owner) if you can.

Just remember in the end they are all used car salesmen.... (no offense intended to any brokers or salesmen that surf here :O)

I used J-spec for my 2 V35's - Ben is great to deal with and you get lots of photos. Ben is currently working from Japan which always helps.

Also Helps to keep an eye on the Auctions:

https://bzl.cis6200.jp/e/p5_search_result_p...;cc=&hyoka=

also check this:

http://www.cyber-mag.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=944 for all the information you need to calculate costs etc.

BTW I bought my car at 103Yen but by the time it got on the ship the Yen was down to 94 and they actually calculate the import duty on what the Yen is when your car gets on the boat!!!

So things that suck with exchange:

Yen V's Ozzie dollar when you buy

Yen V's Ozzie dollar when your car gets on the boat (Import duties)

USD V's Ozzie dollar when you pay for the shipping as this is calculated in USD!

I would think that it may be cheaper now to buy a car already in Oz than it is to import with the current exchange rates!

Example using this calculator: http://www.cyber-mag.com/importcost.htm (banks take an extra 1.5Yen off of the listed exchange rates)

1,430,000 Yen car at 100 Yen = $14,300 buy and $24,100 Landed and registered average personal import cost 1 to 3 months ago!

1,430,000 Yen car at 66.5 Yen = $21,500 buy and $33,100 Landed and registered average personal import cost at current exchange rates!