SAU Community

V35 Import Brokers

White when dirty does not show it up to much but it looses the pearl - to see the pearl you need to keep the car 100% clean all the time!

I have owned a black FTO and a black 300ZX TT and yes I know that they are a B!tch to keep clean - but when clean there is nothing as sexy as a black car...

the number of times I find myself looking twice at even normal cars that are black (and clean) has made my mind up that I want to go back to black - was even going to paint my Stagea black until I found out the cost to spray a car properly....

I had the pearl white stagea with full Hyperpolphin kit and yet I still found my head spinning to check out bog standard stageas when black...

Back on topic - the RED is very, very rare - I have seen bugger all of them at the auctions and never in person but then I don't care much for red either as RED is a crap paint colour for Australian Sun - my GTS-T R33 was red - every single shade of red you can imagine... I have yet to see a Red car over 10 years old that has not suffered from surveare fade - unless it is a Ferrari!

RED = NO GOOD in Oz!

BTW - I only Like Silver when you have illegal tinted windows - dark windows on a Silver car looks awesome!

Thanks ShadowKnyght and your thoughts are noted, Black excites you... As I said we all have our preference.

As for Back on Topic, the Topic actually is

V35 Import Brokers

can we all get back to it... and for those that have helped, I am still wading through all the stuff. Thanks again...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha I thought we had provided enough info on the brokers! :)

Yeah even when writting it I realised not really back on topic but I had to head out to lunch for work so just hit send...

By back on topic I meant more so - away from my fixation on black... and back to what is more commonly available...

As to brokers - it all comes down to what you want from them - if all you want is to pay your money and get a car that roughly meets your requirements - anyone will do and price is your only concern then.

If you want some one good - then having a few years in the business is something to look for. Decent contacts in Japan - or even (as I mentioned with J-spec) having someone on the ground over there is very strong reasoning to select. Most of them charge the same - but some give a greater service for the money.

I have used both Prestige and J-spec - have even thought of Importing myself without using a brocker - but decided that is far to risky. The $700 to $1100 brockers charge is usually money well spent!

So Wax removes Swirl Marks does it?

Sorry buddy but a wax protects the paint but does not bring out shine in dull, faded paint that is full of swirl marks. That is what polish is for... and polish is what adds swirl marks (sometimes).

Unless you are good at detailing and paint preparation, those circular lines under bright service station lighting will not be fixed with Wax alone.

Swirl Marks in a car are a very difficult thing to fix, once they are there. If there were none to start off with then you are so lucky.

I never said that wax removes swirl marks. Wax protects and helps bring out the deep look on the paint. Carnauba more so than sealants.

Use swirl remover or polish on a orbital buffer to remove swirl marks. Depending how bad the swirl marks depends on the cutting compound you would want to use. Careful as you dont want to cut through your paint :) If unsure then take it to a pro shop.

I never said that wax removes swirl marks. Wax protects and helps bring out the deep look on the paint. Carnauba more so than sealants.

Use swirl remover or polish on a orbital buffer to remove swirl marks. Depending how bad the swirl marks depends on the cutting compound you would want to use. Careful as you dont want to cut through your paint :( If unsure then take it to a pro shop.

Yes, true...

and as you said, use swirl remover or polish to remove swirl marks...

However, be careful as if you do it wrong you may get add to the quantity of those swirl marks or burn through to the undercoat...

Most of the looks/comments I'm getting are at night. Guess it comes down to the car, wheels, etc.

The day I test drove a silver one--there were six other v35's,- red, white, silver,bright blue, black. Everyone there( 10people checked the black & silver) not one person looked at the white or red.- they were pretty standard though and I guess thats why !

But whatever does it for you-all good.

I've had a Lakeshore and a Black, and if i had my time again, colour wise i would go White.

The black was gorgeous but very hard to keep clean. The Lakeshore was stunning in the sun, but looked more boring than watching paint dry on a cloudy day.

White to me makes the V35 look much more flowing and tougher. I'm kind of into white at the moment so that maybe it :-)

check the Auctions again there are a few nice ones!

EDIT - apologies last time I did this the photos were only thumb nails - appears the Auction site webmaster forgot to reduce some of these shots in size...?

2005 with the fog light kits and the 19" wheels grade 4.5

25533_002.jpg

2004 Manual only 15,000km with rear spoiler (not the type I like though) and front lip

10040_002.jpg10040_003.jpg

And just for fun - a go fast Stickered ricer version with aftermarket wheels and kit!

10908_002.jpg10908_003.jpg

2004 Auto with front lip + clear indicators

25407_002.jpg

For those who like white

26232_002.jpg26232_003.jpg

Edited by ShadowKnyght

Looks like the Silver GReddy\Trust 350GT has 19' Volk Progressive ME on it. Nice size & offsets imo. What was the Auction price?

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't all imports need to be stock to comply with Australian standards?

Edited by QuMii

Is there any way to find out what these cars sold for at auction in Japan? I keep playing with lots of calculators but need some actual sale data to see where I stand in my search for V35 6speed with a sunroof.

cheers

Geoff

Is there any way to find out what these cars sold for at auction in Japan? I keep playing with lots of calculators but need some actual sale data to see where I stand in my search for V35 6speed with a sunroof.

cheers

Geoff

Hey Geoff stop competing against me...

Stephen

Typically you can have coil overs as long as the height is ok. Rims are also ok as long as the size is the same and they get fitted with Oz rated tyres, but some Motor reg places are stricter than others. I think you can normally get away with +/- 1 or 2 inches on the rims.

Exhausts tend to need to be stock though, and engine mods and blow off valves etc are a big no no. Body kits are fine as long as they do not breach Oz standards (ride height and width).

Stickers are fine! :wave:

BTW - for those wanting to check the typical Auction sale prices for Japanese cars - use this link. (It was on my page listed earlier but to save people having to hunt it down)...

http://auctions.amayama.com/search/?fid=6+...l=350gt&s=1

Just extracted the last 69 cars to be sold at Auction into a spread sheet ordered by Manual then Auto then year and finally by No. of Km.

You can order it any way you want though using the sort tool in Excel.

Good way to see how rare certain cars are - like red ones... manuals compared to Autos etc.

Silver seems to be without a doubt the most common colour! (then white then blue then black then red)

V35Sold_last_2_months.zip

Edited by ShadowKnyght