SAU Community

V35 Import Brokers

I used J-spec for my 2 V35's - Ben is great to deal with and you get lots of photos. Ben is currently working from Japan which always helps.

Also Helps to keep an eye on the Auctions:

https://bzl.cis6200.jp/e/p5_search_result_p...;cc=&hyoka=

also check this:

http://www.cyber-mag.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=944 for all the information you need to calculate costs etc.

BTW I bought my car at 103Yen but by the time it got on the ship the Yen was down to 94 and they actually calculate the import duty on what the Yen is when your car gets on the boat!!!

So things that suck with exchange:

Yen V's Ozzie dollar when you buy

Yen V's Ozzie dollar when your car gets on the boat (Import duties)

USD V's Ozzie dollar when you pay for the shipping as this is calculated in USD!

I would think that it may be cheaper now to buy a car already in Oz than it is to import with the current exchange rates!

Example using this calculator: http://www.cyber-mag.com/importcost.htm (banks take an extra 1.5Yen off of the listed exchange rates)

1,430,000 Yen car at 100 Yen = $14,300 buy and $24,100 Landed and registered average personal import cost 1 to 3 months ago!

1,430,000 Yen car at 66.5 Yen = $21,500 buy and $33,100 Landed and registered average personal import cost at current exchange rates!

Thank you kind Sir, all good points and the link to the Auction site was great, the missus found an STI Forester too, except that can not be imported we think!!!

As for that site that is for one Auction in one location, correct?

Yes the Yen is not good, but then the whole world economy is no better, need to wait a bit with the fingers crossed. After Christmas might help, however the poor value in the Yen may push the Auction price down a little too, so that is worth watching too.

At this stage I have spoken to a couple of importers and I am so aware of they magnificant assistance, so thank you for your feedback on your experience. The whole purchase process, attitude (helpfulness) of the importer and the finding of the right car is very important to me and I will choose quite carefully and thankfully I am in no real hurry. Especially considering the exchange rates.

Buying in Australia may be the right choice at the moment and I am looking just in case.

Thanks for the Import Duty and Shipping cost fact, I hadn't thought that far ahead to be honest, but it makes perfect sense.

The calculator is good too and it is another link in the chain.

P.S I like your car, if only it had a Sunroof.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

huh - picky a Sun roof is more rare than a nismo rear spoiler! and almost as rare as leather in a manual with Premium options! :(

I was after the blue or black with a rear spoiler and in manual initially but could not resist the blue Premium I bought due to the low Km and it's practically brand new condition.

Then shortly after Ben found me a manual Silver one with front lip, Nismo rear spoiler. low km and a Nismo Steering wheel with aftermarket TV/Nav etc with the 18" wheels and brembo's so I thought bugger it! I will get them both and sell one - keep which ever sells slower or which ever I like more.

Or maybe sell both and buy a nice black one! :) or a 2005 Blue one just for the updated grey blue colour... Ben from J-spec said the new blue is very classy.

Only problem is that at the moment if I sell both I will be waiting a long time to buy a black one due to the crap exchange rate! :D

Plus with 2 kids I probably should be looking at the 4 door ones - that said they fit fine in the coupe! ;)

If you're in melbourne you could probably catch up with Craig and the boys from J-Spec at an SAU event.

but yeah, what Chris said, absolutely boatloads of V35s in Brissy... almost all driven by men with receding hairlines :(

Doesn't suit me then...

Kinda in Melbourne, close but not exactly.

huh - picky a Sun roof is more rare than a nismo rear spoiler! and almost as rare as leather in a manual with Premium options! :)

I was after the blue or black with a rear spoiler and in manual initially but could not resist the blue Premium I bought due to the low Km and it's practically brand new condition.

Then shortly after Ben found me a manual Silver one with front lip, Nismo rear spoiler. low km and a Nismo Steering wheel with aftermarket TV/Nav etc with the 18" wheels and brembo's so I thought bugger it! I will get them both and sell one - keep which ever sells slower or which ever I like more.

Or maybe sell both and buy a nice black one! :) or a 2005 Blue one just for the updated grey blue colour... Ben from J-spec said the new blue is very classy.

Only problem is that at the moment if I sell both I will be waiting a long time to buy a black one due to the crap exchange rate! ;)

Plus with 2 kids I probably should be looking at the 4 door ones - that said they fit fine in the coupe! ;)

Must be picky coz i want that all, Leather, Manual, Premium and a Sunroof. Nismo spoiler does not bother me to be honest, the Impul one is better...

As for the Silver one sounds good, but did I mention I want that in White... :(;):)

exchange rate, your right!!

kids? Keep away from a bigger back seat.

Must be picky coz i want that all, Leather, Manual, Premium and a Sunroof. Nismo spoiler does not bother me to be honest, the Impul one is better...

As for the Silver one sounds good, but did I mention I want that in White... :banana::laugh::ban:

exchange rate, your right!!

kids? Keep away from a bigger back seat.

I'm just as picky as you mate...

Sunroof is a very rare option indeed. Whilst nice to have it can be sacrificed..for me anyways.

I'm after 03-04 Coupe Manual, Leather, Premium (no Sat Nav), Brembos, in Black. White will be 2nd preference.

I know its rare but I'm in no rush and willing to wait for her.

White is actually as common as Silver if not more so. I have seen one in white at a local japanesemotorsport drift racing place (across the road from me in Stepney Magill road) - I walked straight past it thinking meh....

Stopped and came back and went... - oh... that is a 350GT coupe... oh... rather boring / disappointing looking.

I find the car to be very plain in white unless you spend thousands on some good mags!

My Stagea was in the same Pearl white and I was not overly impressed with the colour.

That is why Blue or black are the only real winners for me.

That said from what I understand in Japan - the pearl white is actually a favoured colour so whilst they sell for shit all on the Oz market they go for a bit in the Jap market. And as they are favoured they tend to have things like Sunroofs more often as they tend to get optioned up.

But again if you want a white coupe I suggest looking at the Oz market on carsales - the white ones and silver ones tend to sell for f'all in Qld and NSW. Far cheaper than you could import one at the moment with the current exchange rates.

to be honest most of the cars that I do are silver and lately they have been sedans. bit of a pain trying to ID a car without a number on the front screen.

yes silver is quite a popular color and I rarely see a red , metallic blue or a black. (that said I have worked on two black ones in the last week - both sedans.)

White is actually as common as Silver if not more so. I have seen one in white at a local japanesemotorsport drift racing place (across the road from me in Stepney Magill road) - I walked straight past it thinking meh....

Stopped and came back and went... - oh... that is a 350GT coupe... oh... rather boring / disappointing looking.

I find the car to be very plain in white unless you spend thousands on some good mags!

My Stagea was in the same Pearl white and I was not overly impressed with the colour.

That said from what I understand in Japan - the pearl white is actually a favoured colour so whilst they sell for shit all on the Oz market they go for a bit in the Jap market. And as they are favoured they tend to have things like Sunroofs more often as they tend to get optioned up.

But again if you want a white coupe I suggest looking at the Oz market on carsales - the white ones and silver ones tend to sell for f'all in Qld and NSW. Far cheaper than you could import one at the moment with the current exchange rates.

Well to be honest I haven't seen White Pearl on a 350GT other than in pictures. I've seen it on a limited run on 350z and it look quite nice. I'm assuming it's the same white pearl color, but I could be wrong. I guess I have to really see it in person to judge.

My preference is Black. But thanks for the advice bout buying a white colored 350gt.

Thanks for your input, so you don't like White... cool more for me!!

I don't like Black, or dark colours for that matter.

Looks are all in the eye of the beholder.

Just for information, 10 Silver 3 White and 2 Black V35 Manuals in www.carsales.com.au for Australia.

Edited by Stephen Thorpe

to be honest most of the cars that I do are silver and lately they have been sedans. bit of a pain trying to ID a car without a number on the front screen.

yes silver is quite a popular color and I rarely see a red , metallic blue or a black. (that said I have worked on two black ones in the last week - both sedans.)

So no white for a while?

pearl white looks quite nice . im over black

i really like the red , gives it a euro sport feel

Cool, someone likes white.

The red looks good too, just from pictures anyway...

A mate gets one next week...

As for Black it has to have perfect paint to do it justice.

The Black and the Lakeshore Blue are absolutely stunning both in the pics & the metal.

Imported the first Lakeshore Blue coupe into Syd and could not believe the looks I still get not to mention comments..

The dark grey & silver are okay. The red & white are horrible (sorry)

The rest you can take it or leave it.

The R series cars colours were all very nice & suited the shape not so in the V's.

The Black and the Lakeshore Blue are absolutely stunning both in the pics & the metal.

Imported the first Lakeshore Blue coupe into Syd and could not believe the looks I still get not to mention comments..

The dark grey & silver are okay. The red & white are horrible (sorry)

The rest you can take it or leave it.

The R series cars colours were all very nice & suited the shape not so in the V's.

Again, everyone has their own opinion and at this stage having a black car, any type pull into a Servo at night, it is full of swirl marks. Even brand new...

As for Blue or Red they can have it too. The white will also to some extent, except you will struggle to see them..

I haven't actually seen a White V35 in the flesh but (don't be sorry) White is the pick.

Will never own a Black or another Red...

White when dirty does not show it up to much but it looses the pearl - to see the pearl you need to keep the car 100% clean all the time!

I have owned a black FTO and a black 300ZX TT and yes I know that they are a B!tch to keep clean - but when clean there is nothing as sexy as a black car...

the number of times I find myself looking twice at even normal cars that are black (and clean) has made my mind up that I want to go back to black - was even going to paint my Stagea black until I found out the cost to spray a car properly....

I had the pearl white stagea with full Hyperpolphin kit and yet I still found my head spinning to check out bog standard stageas when black...

Back on topic - the RED is very, very rare - I have seen bugger all of them at the auctions and never in person but then I don't care much for red either as RED is a crap paint colour for Australian Sun - my GTS-T R33 was red - every single shade of red you can imagine... I have yet to see a Red car over 10 years old that has not suffered from surveare fade - unless it is a Ferrari!

RED = NO GOOD in Oz!

BTW - I only Like Silver when you have illegal tinted windows - dark windows on a Silver car looks awesome!

Again, everyone has their own opinion and at this stage having a black car, any type pull into a Servo at night, it is full of swirl marks. Even brand new...

As for Blue or Red they can have it too. The white will also to some extent, except you will struggle to see them..

I haven't actually seen a White V35 in the flesh but (don't be sorry) White is the pick.

Will never own a Black or another Red...

That's because they don't know how to maintain their cars. But true, swirl marks are more revealing on black paint. But no color gives more satisfaction after a nice coast of fresh Carnauba wax...

I've had a Lakeshore and a Black, and if i had my time again, colour wise i would go White.

The black was gorgeous but very hard to keep clean. The Lakeshore was stunning in the sun, but looked more boring than watching paint dry on a cloudy day.

White to me makes the V35 look much more flowing and tougher. I'm kind of into white at the moment so that maybe it :-)

That's because they don't know how to maintain their cars. But true, swirl marks are more revealing on black paint. But no color gives more satisfaction after a nice coast of fresh Carnauba wax...

So Wax removes Swirl Marks does it?

Sorry buddy but a wax protects the paint but does not bring out shine in dull, faded paint that is full of swirl marks. That is what polish is for... and polish is what adds swirl marks (sometimes).

Unless you are good at detailing and paint preparation, those circular lines under bright service station lighting will not be fixed with Wax alone.

Swirl Marks in a car are a very difficult thing to fix, once they are there. If there were none to start off with then you are so lucky.