SAU Community

Got My Car...at Last

Rucker34

Well my car arrived yesterday morning first off the battery was dead which is fair enough but we tried jump starting her with no luck. So off to buy a new battery.....

Got the battery sorted then one of the headlights wouldn't work so spent ages trying to suss that out. Got it working but the height adjustment doesn't work on it.

Headed over to the pits and on the way noticed the wheels were rubbing on the arches so had to stop in somewhere to get the suspension altered. Its adjustable and think its APEXi????? Got that sorted out, finally arrived at the inspection centre to be told they weren't looking at any more cars that day and to come back in the morning. Well had the morning off work to take her and we didn't pass.

1st the battery wasn't secure enough and I don't have a horn (didn't think to check first as I thought the compliance guys would have checked this?)

2nd the air filter needs changing, they wouldn't accept the pod filter needs to be standard.

3rd the tyre placard is wrong. According to my compliance certificate my new tyre placard was fitted to the inside of my glove box part no. R34-TP01C but there is no placard in the glove box and the one on the door frame is part no. R34-TP02C. So I need to find the 01c one or they won't pass it. The tyres are also the wrong size and they managed to put the 255 on the front with the 235 on the back (I need to replace the 255 as the max. I can have is 245).

4th the tint was a tad to dark on the back and rear quarter windows so thats come off.

5th the BOV (which is plummed back) is too loud so need to figure out how to silence it/make it quieter. There is a screw on top of the BOV which I've tightened up but doesn't seem to make a difference.

I've uploaded a picture of it below so you can see what it is, I don't know what brand it is or anything. Does anyone know how to make it any quieter?? Will putting on the standard air box and filter which Brandon has lent me, help at all?

post-39736-1223650326_thumb.jpg

Call the workshop and get them to send new ones over, they used old evidence but would of missed the reference number on the sticker if it had changed, some people put them were ever they want which doesn't help.

DPI are full bottle on imported cars when first registered and how they need to inspect them, they know the car is to be 100% standard until it it registered and the owner has the car registered to him (taken position).

DOTARS and DPI had courses run explaining what is expected from a RAWS plated car when it is inspected so the are quite good at picking the short cuts the workshops on the east use.

Call the workshop and get them to send new ones over, they used old evidence but would of missed the reference number on the sticker if it had changed, some people put them were ever they want which doesn't help.

DPI are full bottle on imported cars when first registered and how they need to inspect them, they know the car is to be 100% standard until it it registered and the owner has the car registered to him (taken position).

DOTARS and DPI had courses run explaining what is expected from a RAWS plated car when it is inspected so the are quite good at picking the short cuts the workshops on the east use.

yeah i would have called the workshop today but they do not work on a friday which is no good.

I really want to have the car on the road by my birthday on the 20th, It has been over 4 months now i think from when that knob went in to the back of me and wrote my last car of untill now.

I was very lucky really, as much as i was pissed at the inspector for a couple of things he pinged me for he is doing his job and it could have gone much worse.

If he wanted to he could have told me i have to have all my suspension, my exhaust (which is pretty huge lol) and the BOV returned to stock. i would have been screwed!

At leas its only a few things that they need to check on next time and they are not too bad. i will just have to go and get a pair of 245s and chuck them on. once it has passed though i will take them off again and just keep them ready for next time i need new tires.

i cant see the logo but for all i know it could be on the underside. will maybe take it off today and have a look.

i just realise something else also. am i the only person in the world with a 5 seater r34? they have fitted a middle seat belt and on the compliance plate they have fitted it even says thats its a 5 seater car. im pretty sure that is wrong and if i had been pulled up on it yesterday i would have been totally screwed! ???

i cant see the logo but for all i know it could be on the underside. will maybe take it off today and have a look.

i just realise something else also. am i the only person in the world with a 5 seater r34? they have fitted a middle seat belt and on the compliance plate they have fitted it even says thats its a 5 seater car. im pretty sure that is wrong and if i had been pulled up on it yesterday i would have been totally screwed! ???

So i guess this means its a coupe..? Cause sedan's ARE 5 seaters.. :)

So i guess this means its a coupe..? Cause sedan's ARE 5 seaters.. :)

yeah it is. haha i didnt think about that but yeah they have made a big cockup hey!! if they pulled me up on that they would want me to have compliance redone.

I think 5 seater coupes is common. When mine came over it had 5 seats, Danny asked if I wanted it to remain a 5 seater for compliance but I'm selfish and it taken out... I don't even like 4people in the car :)

I think 5 seater coupes is common. When mine came over it had 5 seats, Danny asked if I wanted it to remain a 5 seater for compliance but I'm selfish and it taken out... I don't even like 4people in the car :)

lol fair enough.

yeah i would have had it taken out if they had asked me i think. who even actually put the middle belt in are blolody useless though i know that much. they have not secured the back rest in properly after taking it out because you can wiggle it a fair bit in the middle so it makes heaps of creaking noise when someone is on the back seat.

Iam going to want to take that off and fix it down better. have no idea how to get if off and how i am going to fix it though.

if you need a stock BOV, with adaptor and everything to install it. i still got mine laying around if you want to borrow it.

just send me a PM

thanks heaps for the offer m8.

i think i will be ok though. i fitted the standard air box and then replumbed the BOV back to its origional pipe rather than it going strait to a pod filter, now you can hardly hear it. have to get some serious revs up to make it loud enough to even realise it is there.

Do any of you guys know how to get the back speakers out of the R34 coupe? i can see the screws are under the speaker covers but can get them off. is there a trick to getting the covers off?

oh yeah also does any one know how the back rest rot the back seat comes off because it is pissing me off hearing it make all that noise :spank:

they have really not looked after my car!

The wiring in the headlights is shocking! copper exposed all over the place.

The hight adjuster motor in the right hand head light is not working.

They have also put a hole in the back parsel shelf cloth where they must have started to drill for the child restraint and then realised that they were drilling too far back.

EDIT:

ok sorted the seat out. was easy enough. the covering had worn through on the hooks so it was metal rubbing against mettal. plus they had missed the middle hook which is why it moved so much. i just cut up some of my old jeans and wrapped a load of that around the bars on the back of the seat and taped it on with that bandaid tape stuff. no more noise :wave:

Edited by Rucker34

just take the vaccum hose off and block it for the time being. the whole 5 seater thing normal, i have seen only GTRs only have 4 seats the backs are like 2 lil buckets seats

Does any one have a set of R34 wheels with 245s on them that they would be willing to lend me to get my car over the pits?

have 235 on the front at the moment and 255 on the back.

I think if i get pair of 235s for the back i would get away with it because the front abd back will be even and they will be 10mm under which i think im alowed but i really dont want to get there and have them send me packing again over 10 bloody mills.

thanks.

where did you get that complied, that is very unprofessional to come out of a compliance work shop and not pass.

You just wasted alot of money and time cause the workshop hasn't done their job properly in my opinion.

where did you get that complied, that is very unprofessional to come out of a compliance work shop and not pass.

You just wasted alot of money and time cause the workshop hasn't done their job properly in my opinion.

Shogun Car Co. they are over in brisbane. its been a real headach getting the car sorted to pass the pits. i just need to get the correct tyres on it now and then i can can put it over. i really want to have it done by the end of the week its my birthday next monday and i want it sorted and on the road by then :P

Edited by Rucker34

yeah thats a pity about the compliancing, hope all goes well

If you ever go down the importing route again and with the exchange rates i wouldnt recommend it any time soon but Phil's mechanical service in perth is the best. He has never had a car come back from the pits that didnt pass