SAU Community

20" Te37 Rims

CR34M

Well if you have ever heard of Autosalon, then you'd understand what the wheels would be for :/

Also i wasnt planning on driving on them like most people said and for 2300 bucks i wouldnt plan on buying them either, i just wanted to know if it was for one rim or not.

I was looking at 19" LMGT4's and the 20" TE37's caught my eye, for show use when i put my wide body n try entering it next year etc.

As for yur loling tell CGHOST R33 and the GHOST Skylines cars that are at Autosalon why they have 20"s on their cars or why anyone at any show changes their rims :wave: Too many people jump to conclusions here without actually helping out or contributing.

I have some decent/affordable 18x9's on my R34 coupled with 235 front and 265 rear Kuhmo ECSTA SPT's and they do the job damn well.

err... i actually lol'd @ gtst just being gtst...

Let the man do what he wants.

I mean its neither a practical rim nor does he want to use it as a practical rim.

Autosalon isn't particularly my cup of tea but if that's your thing go for it. Personally I rate it up there with people who build 'street' muscle cars and then tow them around on trailers to events. Kinda disgusts me.

And sh!t guys, in the end its his money for his purpose not ours.

All he wanted was some info on the price, not for a running commentary on how much of a dick they may make him look.

Edited by R33_Dude

agreed. Whats the point in putting massive ass wheels on skylines.

Just ends up ruining the handling and seems pointless

Thats what you think. If you have decent aftermarket suspension and have your camber and toe settings right Its no different to 17's or 18's, my car handles like a dream and turns on a dime. hardly understeers and very easy to control power oversteer.

20s and stockies hav the same size when you stand them up next to eachother. its shit suspension that kills the handling. i got 20s with buddyclub n1's n it handles like its on rails. on my stockies it handles like a commodore

I love the rim bashers on here, so full of shit.

As most people know I have 20" AMEs on my 32 and used to drive it daily to work and didn't have a issue

If the rim is a good quality rim (not a china special) you wont have an issue using them on the street.

Obviously for racing you would go smaller but for driving on the street and show rims size means f**k all

because you cant use the handling and performance of the car unless your driving like a tool.

I like the sort of VIP/USDM style that I'm going for thats why i put 20s on my car.

And now being 20x11 at the rear they really look insane.

Seriously just because someone doesn't like stock 16s like the rest of the stock brigade doesn't mean what they like is stupid or wrong

its time to grow up and respect other peoples ideas when they are actually trying to make an effort at doing things properly.

wow, didn't expect the thread to go into a full blown argument, but i do appreciate the people that have spoken on my behalf for my choice.

As for the rims, they are something i do wan to do when i get around to it, im just getting ideas now. And will check out the GT7's etc like people have suggested and obviously look into diff suspension set ups and cambers etc.

A minority of people on SAU have found out now that i have purchased a Cross - Factory Wide body front and rear fenders along with a bomex bodykit and have many "aero" parts such as hoods etc lying around ready to be fitted and painted. Since i have all the parts now and will be building putting it together. I will be moving on towards the performance side of my car.

Being that my car is N/A i have contacted Nissan and since then have undergone many calls, and enquiries as to purchase myself a RB26DETT N1 engine and GETRAG Tranny.

So my car wont just be a show pony, it will have some balls eventually too and that is my next goal. As for the people that have helped out and contributed (even the ones that just stated opinions) I will be posting a new thread called RB26+GETRAG (something along those lines) to get help on the performance side too.

So thanks for everything from the people that helped out and respect my ideas.

Ps. Yes i added you GTST to my friends because i did not take offence to your comment, and by replying i hope you didnt either to mine. Hence the request to make sure we are still on the same page, regardless of what rims we like :(

I have 20's

Handles the same as it did on 19's, 18's, 17's and 16's. Doesn't sit like a tractor with the right suspension.

Only downside is they're heavier and the tires are more expensive which is fine by me. When I need to, i swap back over to my 18's.