SAU Community

Help!

skidkid

Hi there, it's skidkid's wife here, hoping you might be able to help. On sunday took my car s2 98 auto to the shops, and I noticed when I was about half way there the 4wd light was on, on the dash. When I stopped at a set of traffic lights it seemed to be idoling faster than normal, and when it was my turn at the lights, took off, and it wouldn't change out of 1st gear (had it just in normal with the gear stick at 3), got to the shop, turned the car off and did what I had to do. When it came time to go home it again seemed to be idoling too fast, put in 'D' and off I tried to go, however, I noticed the a/t light flashing and that stayed on for about 20 secs, it was heavy to steer, and started to fluctuate between fast idoling and just about stalling. Stopped the card thought 'shit what am I gonna do, bathurst is on and Jase won't come and get me', started the car again, whacked it in trip-tronic mode and she was all happy again. Been no issues yesterday, but tonight on the way home same thing, 4wd light came on (not flashing or anything) then went off, only on for maybe 10 seconds, stopped at the pub and when I started it againidoling fast and really heavy to steer. Jase took it for a drive tonight cause it's only been happening to me and it would n't change gears for him (only in trip-tronic) and was heavy to steer and no light on. Anyone got any ideas, or should I just put a match to it?????

when it the idle fluxuates like that we call it hunting (...for idle)

i had a similar problem when my car was hunting it was a cracked breather hose on top of the tappet covers it was hard to find only noticed when i removed the hose. They will also hunt when a vacume line is blocked. i think it was daren on here that had the fault codes for the attessa system he might have ones for the auto to send him a msg i cecked my atessa system to if the 4wd light keeps coming on there a funny critta i chased mine for ages kept coming up with diffrent codes everytime i fixed one it came up with another.