SAU Community

Clutch For 3-350rwk In R33 Gtr. Upgrade Time

R33GOD

after owning the gtr for a few months now its time for..you guessed it. clutch upgrade.

im after something that will hold between 300-350rwk and is very practical/smooth.

i have been looking into the cushioned button exedy for the moment cause i want something that drives like semi stock and will handle some hard launches.

what are my options?

thanks

Anth.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One word....Jim Berry...but not for a 32..only for the 33 and 34...32 is in a much smaller housing.

The others are to heavy..this is a rebuild of the stock clutch...do not sell your old one.

The pressure is increased with less tolerances and better materials....

this allows for a higher clamp force.

There is a sticky here somewhere...could be in the drivetrain section on clutches

I think you'll find this ignites the "jim berry vs jap multi plate" debate

My vote would be nismo twin plate. It does the job perfectly, feels like standard, will take high rpm launches all day if thats your thing and your mum could drive it to the shops.

Or an OSGiken R3C if you dont mind it being a bit grabby

Nismo Super Copper Mix (Twin plate)

Drives and feels almost like a standard clutch and has no problem holding on to the power and torque of my 325rwkw, Rb30det set-up

I have never heard anyone complain about them and i know a few people that use them.

Nismo twin plate coppermix. I have the competition model which is rated a little higher with the Nismo Slave cylinder. I will NEVER change it for something else. It's behind a 400 rwkw 2.8 litre. Cant recommend it highly enough.