SAU Community

Blacktown Bp Sunnyholt Rd

FATAZZ

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, or very watered down. or they got it for free and didn't pay the excise on it so are going to sell it without the excise on it.

thats's actually my boss' sister's petrol station, he said that little advertising/stunt made a $3k loss in that little period of time.

Even at a 3k loss it was a smart thing to do if their point was to also raise awareness and general turnover of stock. If you were to take the 3k and run something like a direct marketing campaign you would only get about 3 or 4 runs (depending on how big your target list is) and the "accepted" return on them is something like less than 2% if i remember correctly

Good on them

if i knew where they are then I would go there and pay full price.!

good on them

good on them indeed! i reckon its a fantastic idea - i don't think allot of people understand that not all petrol stations are directly owned by the big companies. there like the MacDonald's franchises that are owned by family's - if we all decide to go to the family owned stations and not buy from the Cole's and woolys stations, then the coles and woolys stations will be forced to put their prices down in order to attract the majority again...and they can afford to do this so they wont hesitate.....

either that or it was a well planned idea, get the cheap petrol out to everyone then when everyone else hears the que gets longer and bam lets put the price back up and enjoy all the money coming in...hahaha

doubt thats how it works but would be good:P

even if they do the price cut is only on regular afaik.

and I can't believe people are willing to line up for 2 hours just to save $20 or so. they are effectively earning $10 an hour for sitting in their car. not a good return if you ask me. I'd rather go up the road and fill up in 5 minutes, spend and extra $20 and spend my time doing something else. i guess it's a moot point for us anyway since we all need 98RON fuel for most of our cars.

Legends! - i only live 5 mins from there so im filling up there from now on dont care what the price is...aslong as they have Premium or Ultimate even if it is full price..... to bad its only THAT BP thats doing it.....im not supporting them because i will save 20 buks if i go and fill up there but because of the fact that they are taking money out of there own pocket to help everyone

and I can't believe people are willing to line up for 2 hours just to save $20 or so. they are effectively earning $10 an hour for sitting in their car. not a good return if you ask me. I'd rather go up the road and fill up in 5 minutes, spend and extra $20 and spend my time doing something else. i guess it's a moot point for us anyway since we all need 98RON fuel for most of our cars.

+11ty....

lulz - you said moot.

yeah but thats not the point they are making and the people that are lining up are probably doing it to support them not just to save the cash.

They didn't lose any money doing it this time, channel 9 gave them $5k to drop the price this morning.

They didn't lose any money doing it this time, channel 9 gave them $5k to drop the price this morning.

Thats awsome, there getting heaps of support.... volunteers with the bbq....free eggs from the farmers and now free news coverage as well as the 5k....Goooo BP!