SAU Community

Front bars..

predator

Pred,

As I wrote I got my aftermrkt bar (see avatar) from Jetspeed...cheaper than EvoR but fantastic job...paint was matched perfectly and since fitment no stress cracks!

U can contact Jetspeed on: (03) 9548 8828

-ant95GTR

sweet..thanx heap ant.. I'm really miffed i gotta pay for a new one.. but if i can get it this weekend, get it to Palm, *might* have my car back before the end of the year (note the sarcasm)

I already got the supports and things cut for the GTR bar so hopefully I can just use that again.

yeah i kinda noticed when i was after rear pods for my car and they never got back to me about these custom ones they had... but its another place to try.

yeah, i ordered some supra pods a few months ago, it took them about 2 weeks, after that long wait the guy goes to me that he ordered R33 ones instead, and that i had to go all the way down there and put a deposit on them on another order which will take at least another week. after that never again

and another time before this incident i bought a set of rear pods for a 180sx the guy gave me the left hand side which was a damaged repaired one that didn't even come close to fitting on the car (you could see a crack in it and its been plastic welded)and was trying to convince me that the mold is never perfect and that the panel beater where i get it painted will fix it up.

ok.. suborn bad then :D

I ended up buying a 400R bar mainly due to lack of choice. Jetspeed has reasonable prices. Only problem is their range for GTS-T's. Most of the stuff seems to be for GTR, and requires modifications for the R33 GTS-T... that involves extra time and $ them stuffing around to get it to fit. Unless you're willing to wait a few weeks getting one, obtaining a front bar isn't as easy as it might sound :-|

Otherwise its ship from Sydney or elsewhere and pay ~$600 for a bar, and then maybe $100 getting it shipped to melbourne. Ends up being pretty expensive in the end.

So for the record guys, be careful with your front bars, as major cracks will probably mean you need a whole new bar :D its not cheap.

btw: evo-r doesn't have bodykits as i found out.

Jetspeed had a similar kit to that Suborn one, i forget what they called it.. but when i saw it on a skyline they had there it didn't look heaps different to the stock. Seeing as i am on tightass and "get whatever i can get straight away" timeframe, I bought the 400R so that is what is going on.. when i get the car back i'll post some pix of how it all looks. Will look a little like this, except my grill will make it all look better :D

ju2_pic1_2.jpg

To be honest I'd just keep bar i had but it woulda taken too much effort to get it to useable state. And all these other bars require mucking around with to get them to fit (so add $200 just to the basic bar price). Basically if you don't have time (and i don't), get something simple :D or even better, if you don't want problems - stick with the current bar. Low as bars are fine for show cars that never get driven, but for a car you drive every day, something *always* happens fo fark them up...

Palm is 242 Centre-Dandenong Rd, Cheltenham.. 9583 4710 but leave 'em alone Dan, coz i want my car finished first..they got too many in there already :(

Originally posted by predator666

Low as bars are fine for show cars that never get driven, but for a car you drive every day, something *always* happens fo fark them up...

this is why i chopped my stock bar instead of getting a GTR or 400R bar :D

i like the stock bars better than the 400R i think its a bit much for me...

hehe gords... Go Dan take it down asap!! lol actually i reckon mine will be ready before yours gordo :D he said to come back during the week as they were only waiting on one of the guys to finish the guards (paint stripped and slight repair as i used the wrong filler when i fixed it rofl.) everything else is ready for paint....

oh also i really need to get some mesh (not that fine crap ppl use for hiding the fact the car has no FMIC) the thicker harder stuff with the larger holes u could almost poke a hole thru.

anyone know where i can get some... autobarn had crap and repco had none... need some b4 the bar goes back on.