Bilstein Shocks

Eibach Springs

whiteline Front and rear strut braces

Whiteline front and rear adjustable sway bars

Uras adjustable castor rods

rolling on 18x8" XHP wheels

Fronts 225/40/18

Rears 235/40/18

the reason why it handles poorley is because i had a bmw e30 with just a set of springs that handled better

do i need to fine tune it all???

are you referring to how hard the steering is? cos beemas are all typically made that way and your front tyres are quite thick which would probably make it worse as the stockers are like 205

how does it handle?...

too much body roll?

no grip?

understeer?

oversteer?

poor steering feel? etc.

the e30 handles quite nicely from the factory, i almost bought one a few years back, (i presume ur talking about an e30 with an rb20 in the front),

so you may have just set the car up too stiff, but its hard to know whats wrong without you going into more detail about how the car currently handles.

how does it handle?...

too much body roll?

no grip?

understeer?

oversteer?

poor steering feel? etc.

the e30 handles quite nicely from the factory, i almost bought one a few years back, (i presume ur talking about an e30 with an rb20 in the front),

so you may have just set the car up too stiff, but its hard to know whats wrong without you going into more detail about how the car currently handles.

oops i meant my new r33 sorry guys for the confussion

i felt the bmw handled better just off a set of springs

shorter wheel base and weight makes your beamer more of a go cart to drive. 33's are abit of a whale but it seems like you have most of the gear to fine tune it. as teh post before what exactly are you experiencing that your not happy with.

I guess you just have to adjust to its handling characteristics abit.

i suggest a set of coilovers wich aint to bad in price these days...

and adjustable chamber arms for front and rear

that way u can weel align it to handle how ya want...

oh and remove the hicas so u dont get that taking over at higher speeds

i suggest a set of coilovers wich aint to bad in price these days...

and adjustable chamber arms for front and rear

that way u can weel align it to handle how ya want...

oh and remove the hicas so u dont get that taking over at higher speeds

do they come with a hicas bar standard??? and what happens @ high speeds when its on???

practically i want a bit of a drift car but is that possible if you want it to handle to???

well they have got hicas standard.. it it assist steering in moving the rear wheels wich can be a problem esspecially if u want a drift car..

so u have to get a hicas lock out bar. there only about 100 dollars and easy to install. if u get those mods and take it to someone

that knows how to set a wheel align up for a drift car u will have no probs with handling...

well they have got hicas standard.. it it assist steering in moving the rear wheels wich can be a problem esspecially if u want a drift car..

so u have to get a hicas lock out bar. there only about 100 dollars and easy to install. if u get those mods and take it to someone

that knows how to set a wheel align up for a drift car u will have no probs with handling...

ok so basically i just need to get one of these bars to lock the wheels into place will this make it handle any better???

or is it just sweet for drifting???

No, removing the hicas will not make your car go from handling crap to great. I doubt you would even notice the difference. Hicas adjusts small amounts of toe in the rear of your car when travelling over 80kms(ish). I'm not suggesting it's a bad thing to remove your hicas but don't believe all the hype people make about how incredible you will drift after it's gone. It's simple... you won't.

Your car already has "coilovers" since that's what R33's comes with from factory and it sounds like you have a decent set in there already so don't be in a rush to take them out. Do some searching on the forums and you will find vast amounts of info to help you get the car better set-up. All I can suggest is to take it one step at a time so you know what is improving your car and what isn't.

Simple but effective: get a nice set of coilover suspenion (don't go cheap) and lower it down a bit... get good tyres (don't go cheap)... get a wheel balance/allignment... then drive it... you will notice the difference...

hmmm.... well u decide weather the hicas affects ur driving... i have never felt it in mine and i dont have the lockout bar. but for a 100bucks it aint much... obviously your car has coilover set up suspenion but they aint ajustable and will never preform as good as say tien or hks adjustable suspenion, if ya do the mods i suggested u should have no trouble..

Having suspension parts is all well and good but they are just like good stereo equipment.... if they are not set up right it is going to waist...are the shocks adjustable? and the castor arms... if they aren't right they do more harm than good in my opinon.