SAU Community

Accident At Caulfield S Bend ~ Fatal

tin-pain

32gtr has become so affordable but people gotta be aware that not everyone can handle a car like that, it can be very lethal.

I recalled seeing this group at Springvale Maccas', probably a meet up, a bite before out clubbing.

That's a good point. There is a reason fast cars are usually expensive. You have to have had saved up enough money as well as driving experience over the years to handle one. I went from a 4-door auto family car that handled like a boat to a modified R34 GTR, and it was quite a transition. In retrospect I would have liked to have had something in between for a while.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP to the girl who lost her life in yet another pointless accident. Such a waste...hope her family can get through this.

Why people drink and drive is beyond me, all comes down to being fvcking stupid and not being able to make correct decisions (i.e. being a dumb cvnt). No harm in having a few drinks and remaining under the limit but getting smashed and jumping behind the wheel is borderline retarded. The problem in this country is the lack of education, driver training and of course the piss weak penalties. Increase the penalties and you'll see whether or not people will still risk drink driving. A $5000 fine would deter most people and if you're stupid enough to get caught, you deserve it. Too much attention is put on speed cameras and speeding alone. I don't condone speeding but any capable and level headed driver doing a quick burst 10-15kmh over the limit isn't anywhere near as risky as some drunk/drugged fvcker thinking he's inherited F1 driving abilities all of a sudden. All comes down to the drivers attitude, everything else is just a contributing factor.

The government should jump off the revenue raising speeding bandwagon and focus more attention on drugs/alcohol, driver education and training and driving attitudes. Oh hang on, its easier to slap a few more cameras up :P

Edited by SPOOLING

Thats why before every long weekend cops are usually always out patrolling cause it mainly happens during a small break, warning drivers about this. yet what can you do? no matter what accidents like this will keep on happening.

i know everyone has been lucky with the law with either driving stupidly or drink driving, dont take it for granted.

i am absolutely utterly shocked. i was just coming home from crown before with my girlfriend driving in her astra, aas we came out of the s-bend and i showed her the tree w/ the flowers etc, we were passed by a p'plater in a vt commonwhore w/ rims on front and stockies on rear. From then on all the to chaddy the guy with his mates in the car, persisted to drag everyone and everything around him. i just couldn't believe it, it litterely made me shudder thinking all his mates are in the car and his doing this after what just happend right next to him a coupe of days ago. his parents obviously dont do what mine did. see a big wake up call for me was, every time a young driver death was in paper or anything, dad would cut the article out and stick it on the fridge and leave it the for like a month. and it made you sad when u came down for brekky and there'd be like 3-4 articles on the fridge. makes you realize. and to the commonwhore driver, i hope your mates got home okay

I'm not too sure who the driver is yet, but he isn't the owner of that car. Probably driving a GTR for the first time and not knowing how the 4wd system works...

who cares if it was is 100th time?

He was drunk according to the reports, and if thats the case nothing is going to save you.

speeding + drinking = trouble

While its sad of the events and whats happened, it comes down to peoples stupidity getting in the car to begin with.

Just get a damn taxi.

zero tolerance to alcohol...ban the shit...what good is it???your thirsty drink water or soft drink...easy fixed

its the society's view on drinking. People think that binge drinking is way cool! I used to have these arguments with my gf a while back (about her drinking too much wine just for the hell of it) - now i try and not bother about it no more. The view's must change. The only way I know that I can do it is when I open up my own personal training gym - I will put an ultimatum to the client. If they want to drink up, be prepared to be trained extremely hard. If they smoke as well, be prepared to be trained even harder.

I reckon even soft drinks are lethal - too much sugar in that shit.

who cares if it was is 100th time?

He was drunk according to the reports, and if thats the case nothing is going to save you.

speeding + drinking = trouble

While its sad of the events and whats happened, it comes down to peoples stupidity getting in the car to begin with.

Just get a damn taxi.

+1

condolences to the family...

+1 for stupidity of drunk drivers... no1 to blame but himself..

thats something he will have to live with the rest of his life.. to be honest i hope he gets charged accordingly.

i have no sympathy for drunk drivers ... if you think ur sober enough to drive... then u should be sober enough to catch a taxi

its the society's view on drinking. People think that binge drinking is way cool! I used to have these arguments with my gf a while back (about her drinking too much wine just for the hell of it) - now i try and not bother about it no more. The view's must change. The only way I know that I can do it is when I open up my own personal training gym - I will put an ultimatum to the client. If they want to drink up, be prepared to be trained extremely hard. If they smoke as well, be prepared to be trained even harder.

I reckon even soft drinks are lethal - too much sugar in that shit.

LOL hahhahaha its only soft drink, and there are some people out there that smoke and drink yet they train there ass's off. but still soft drink :)

And what shits me too. I know my limits and never even come close to them.

I had 3 stanards drinks from 10pm - 3am Sat night. I could well have had more and still been legal to drive home without a problem...

I probably wouldnt have been hard pressed to even light up a bretho @ 3am. But i aint going to be influenced on the road anytime, and if i was, taxi without question.

Does it even enter these peoples minds that they have an obligation as the driver to get the others home safely?

An obligation to thier friends, thier friends familys etc?

Fair enough kill yourself on your own... out of your own stupidity. But to do it and then someone else, its such a waste and just leaves behind so much trouble for all concerned.

You know what sucks the most, 99% of the time its the PASSENGERS who are the ones killed in accidents like these and the drivers are pretty much unharmed! Then the drivers go to court and get a slap on the wrist, like a suspended sentence or good behaviour, some bullshit like that.

LOL hahhahaha its only soft drink, and there are some people out there that smoke and drink yet they train there ass's off. but still soft drink :P

granted, its better than alcohol, cos the coke drinker wont kill his/her passengers or any other motorist/pedastrians

I travel up and down dandy rd alot on w/ends (as im a tightass and dont like paying $10 in tolls, the road surface on freeway sucks ass and d'nong road actually saves me 37.3 kays each way) but the amount of ppl on it driving like tards, dragging, speeding in all types of cars from imports to run of the mill shitters at times actually has me shitting myself. I'm not surprised this happens on this road, even with the high police presence its seems to deter no-one. On friday I counted some 6 marked cars and 4 undercovers and thats only in the section from dandy to caulfield. I just dont know how ppl get away with it and continue to do it. I guess like anything, it will get you in the end.

things like this will only draw more and harsher rules for having a import car besides all that rip and sorry to hear...

What a ridiculous thing to say. Someone has died, have some respect. It has nothing to do with the car, it has everything to do with the driver who was driving drunk.

What a ridiculous thing to say. Someone has died, have some respect. It has nothing to do with the car, it has everything to do with the driver who was driving drunk.

+1 its true and he was not just drunk apparently on drugs to weather ur driving a skyline or a Mitsubishi lancer if your drunk and on drugs your going to speed and your going to have an accident im sorry for the family of the girl hope she rests in peace a friend of mine was good friends with her and was out clubbing with her the week before and its hard on her to shes still in shock.

there is not much any of us can do just make sure that were all responsible and i hope the people still learn from these mistakes and hopefully police will take this as an opportunity to be out late in chap st stopping all the cars for breath tests later in the night not at 7pm and instead of giving cars a yellow sticker for being to low concentrate on storping the cars with intoxicated drivers behind the wheel......